Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root for Kindle Fire HD 7 ( 7.2.2 / 7.2.3) !!!

Tip us?

gpreston
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cheers mate much appreciated

nora_noob
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Angry You are one great guy

It worked like a charm. I had to use both steps and in the middle of the Root_with_Restore all my icons and images disappeared (big panic), They reappeared towards the end of the Quemu and all went well,

So, if it happens to somebody else no need to panic!

Thanks again indeed :
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nora_noob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bazm60
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how in the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by natorus87 View Post
So i don't no why but this worked for me with the Softwareversion 7.2.2 !

Step 1 use this tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460 and use the normal method.
(the program will say that the process has not worked but this it all ok) now the Kindle is very slow
and the display is blinking.

Step 2 now you use the Quemu Method for the 7.2.1 version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838)

That was all and now you should have root!! n

PS: Sry for my english ^^
how in the hell did you sus that out but glad you did on got kindle on wednesday and it updated straight away thanks alot

detvog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool, it works.....greeting from germany

I think it works to the next update, then amazon have found a way to close this methode.

Sorry for my bad english

jacewt
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbase View Post
For anyone else who may have had the same problem as me,

I had to move the ADB files over from the original SDK becuse the adb files within qemu and bin4ry's exploit didn't recognise my device.

The first part was easy, removed the adb file from binary's root and replaced it with the adb file from SDK.

The second part was not so easy.

I had to manually to the qemu root process by creating a new file. (The full cmd version is found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838)

I had to copy the adb file and the AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll from the SDK into a new folder. the added the su and superuser.apk files into it aswell.

Hope this helps anyone else that had my problem!
Why is this happening exactly? I had no problem rooting with qemu before but now I can't get bin4ry's method to work. It just says adb is out of date. I understood the first part of what you did but not the second part.

iCoN3o
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok. This worked for me. Remains the problem that i can't add widgets anymore on any launcher. (Excepted go widgets on go launcher)

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

RustedRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelinc View Post
I've tried downloading the link on page 1 but it fails to extract. What page is the link on because there are 131 pages in the thread and I can't find it. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameswilliam View Post
Hey, appreciate this, but when I click on your link it takes me to another xda page with several links. Nowhere does it show "step 1." Can you be kind enough to cut and paste the specific step? Thanks.

Dave, Here's direct link to file: http://uploaded.net/file/xdevcthz Make sure the download is NOT a .htm file (which happened to me probably because I used a download accelerator). It should be a .zip (4.15mb) file. If it is .htm you'll be blocked from downloading the file again for 1-3 hours unless you're desperate and rich enough to become a premium member. Otherwise, you can PM me for the file (per Bin4ry's request no mirror is to be posted publicly) or search Google for the file under its name.

William, all you need is to download this file to your PC/laptop, extract it, make sure you enable ADB (i.e., "on") on your Kindle (Under Settings/Security), connect Kindle to your PC, open extracted downloaded file and double-click RunMe.bat and select Normal method. You will then be prompted to select restore or delete data, a screen for which should be on the Kindle

I was able to reroot with this method using only natorus87's Step 1. Try rebooting device twice before deciding if you want or need to go to Step 2
The Following User Says Thank You to RustedRoot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JAG50
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Thanks. Funny, after the 7.2.2 update, I still didn't have the obnoxious lock screen adds, but they popped up this morning. Man Amazon is making it hard to love their tablets.

mckennascole
Old
(Last edited by mckennascole; 8th December 2012 at 04:56 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 0
Despite the frustrating responses from the tablet during the process, I managed to root my KF2 again, thanks to you!
I have superuser privileges but it still won't let me rename this zip file under etc/security to prevent future updates..

now, after 30 mins, it does let me change it...strange....thanks

jacewt
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacewt View Post
Why is this happening exactly? I had no problem rooting with qemu before but now I can't get bin4ry's method to work. It just says adb is out of date. I understood the first part of what you did but not the second part.
I realized my problem. I had SnapPea installed in my windows 7 setup. I uninstalled it and everything went well.

I only did step one, rebooted a couple of times as suggested here and everything seems fine.