Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GT-N7100][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thread

Tip us?

jamesd86
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
Like in one of first few posts. If you install this ROM and then restore a Sammy or other ROM the contents of the sdcard end up in a folder within the sdcard, in my case a folder called "0".

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
That probably has to do with how Android handles multiple users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Past: HTC Dream, HTC Mytouch 3g, Samsung Vibrant, HTC Mytouch 4G, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Samsung Galaxy S II i777, Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100

Present: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 PARANOID!

Fihlvein
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebkat View Post
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo
Are there some additional repositories currently as when I compile with latest synced cm and themuppets, it still has much more issues than this one?

nebkat
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 721
Phone app derp fixed in 20121209 build.
Quote:
<codeworkx> CAUSE BOOGEYMAN
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nebkat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

felek73
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd86 View Post
That probably has to do with how Android handles multiple users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
So what is the way to restore any backup if standard recovery doesn't see "0" and report there is no files to restore ?
Samsung Galaxy S4: GPE by Danvdh
Eeepad Transformer: KatKiss 4.4.2 by Timduru

Sebring5
Old
(Last edited by Sebring5; 9th December 2012 at 03:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by felek73 View Post
So what is the way to restore any backup if standard recovery doesn't see "0" and report there is no files to restore ?
Which recovery are you using? I was using TWRP and was able to find an older back up to restore. I can now locate all the back up files with TWRP irrespective of the SD Card location. TWRP lets me go through all my files and folders to find the one I need when restoring.

You may have to download the rom you want to use and install from the get go unless can access a back up with your recovery program. You could also install a version of CWM that is updated to use 4.2 (if one exists) and then find your back up files.

felek73
Old
(Last edited by felek73; 9th December 2012 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring5 View Post
Which recovery are you using? I was using TWRP and was able to find an older back up to restore. I can now locate all the back up files with TWRP irrespective of the SD Card location. TWRP lets me go through all my files and folders to find the one I need when restoring.

You may have to download the rom you want to use and install from the get go unless can access a back up with your recovery program. You could also install a version of CWM that is updated to use 4.2 (if one exists) and then find your back up files.
Thanks for answer , I flashed TWRP , copied backup folder to ext sd card and restore from there ..but I probably return to CM10.1 in a day or so It looks pretty awsome considering so early stage of this ROM. And there is a lot work doing by CM team when I look into gerrit. After today fix (phone derp) I can't only wait for BT uadio fix ..
Samsung Galaxy S4: GPE by Danvdh
Eeepad Transformer: KatKiss 4.4.2 by Timduru

drfranz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm glad CM 10.1 is in the making for our device!

A huge THANKS to the devs!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Fihlvein
Old
(Last edited by Fihlvein; 12th December 2012 at 10:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Edit: I won't be updating this any more.

As some of you want to know what exactly does and doesn't work at current (nebkat's) build of CM 10.1 for Note II, I'll maintain a list of things I spot misbehaves. This is only for you, dear fellow CM users', information. I'm a long time fan of CM and I bleed for having the latest stuff, and on top of that I like to tick tack every little setting I find. Still, these are just my observations and could very well be false information. More special features like NFC or Tethering might go untested.

Build 9th of December
  • UI lag
  • Minor graphic glitches when scrolling
  • Bluetooth won't turn on, hence BT Tethering won't work
  • Notifications e.g. GTalk, Gmail, triggers vibration even though it's disabled in respective apps settings
  • Some apps semi freezing at times (noticed with Chrome and Root Explorer)
  • Keyboard freezing at times, could be related to apps freezing
  • See also teamhacksung's own list of known N7100 issues.
If you want to ask for a specific feature, I might be able to try. And of course a big hug to nebkat & the whole teamhacksung for taking care of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fihlvein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bouzoubaa
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fihlvein View Post
As some of you want to know what exactly does and doesn't work at current (nebkat's) build of CM 10.1 for Note II, I'll maintain a list of things I spot misbehaves. This is only for you, dear fellow CM users', information. I'm a long time fan of CM and I bleed for having the latest stuff, and on top of that I like to tick tack every little setting I find. Still, these are just my observations and could very well be false information. More special features like NFC or Tethering might go untested.

Build 9th of December
  • Minor UI lag
  • Minor graphic glitches when scrolling
  • Bluetooth won't turn on, hence BT Tethering won't work
  • So far haven't caught other misbehavings

If you want to ask for a specific feature, I might be able to try. And of course a big hug to nebkat & the whole teamhacksung for taking care of us.
Anything about MHL!?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Device: GT-I9000 16GB
Rom: Doc's JPU 3.01
Kernel: Stock Vodoo 5.0.2
Modem: JPU
Lagfix: ext4
Tweaks: No Tweaks

Fihlvein
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Sorry, no idea. Cannot try.