Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][GT-N7100][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thread

OP nebkat

9th December 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #11  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 114

1,106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton

Like in one of first few posts. If you install this ROM and then restore a Sammy or other ROM the contents of the sdcard end up in a folder within the sdcard, in my case a folder called "0".

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

That probably has to do with how Android handles multiple users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
9th December 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 125

634 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebkat

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo

Are there some additional repositories currently as when I compile with latest synced cm and themuppets, it still has much more issues than this one?
9th December 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin, Ireland
Thanks Meter: 722

69 posts
More
Phone app derp fixed in 20121209 build.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nebkat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #14  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 87

521 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd86

That probably has to do with how Android handles multiple users.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

So what is the way to restore any backup if standard recovery doesn't see "0" and report there is no files to restore ?
9th December 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #15  
Flag Lake Worth, Fl
Thanks Meter: 124

739 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felek73

So what is the way to restore any backup if standard recovery doesn't see "0" and report there is no files to restore ?

Which recovery are you using? I was using TWRP and was able to find an older back up to restore. I can now locate all the back up files with TWRP irrespective of the SD Card location. TWRP lets me go through all my files and folders to find the one I need when restoring.

You may have to download the rom you want to use and install from the get go unless can access a back up with your recovery program. You could also install a version of CWM that is updated to use 4.2 (if one exists) and then find your back up files.
Last edited by Sebring5; 9th December 2012 at 04:40 PM.
9th December 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #16  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 87

521 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring5

Which recovery are you using? I was using TWRP and was able to find an older back up to restore. I can now locate all the back up files with TWRP irrespective of the SD Card location. TWRP lets me go through all my files and folders to find the one I need when restoring.

You may have to download the rom you want to use and install from the get go unless can access a back up with your recovery program. You could also install a version of CWM that is updated to use 4.2 (if one exists) and then find your back up files.

Thanks for answer , I flashed TWRP , copied backup folder to ext sd card and restore from there ..but I probably return to CM10.1 in a day or so It looks pretty awsome considering so early stage of this ROM. And there is a lot work doing by CM team when I look into gerrit. After today fix (phone derp) I can't only wait for BT uadio fix ..
Last edited by felek73; 9th December 2012 at 04:45 PM.
9th December 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
I'm glad CM 10.1 is in the making for our device!

A huge THANKS to the devs!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
10th December 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #18  

634 posts
Edit: I won't be updating this any more.

As some of you want to know what exactly does and doesn't work at current (nebkat's) build of CM 10.1 for Note II, I'll maintain a list of things I spot misbehaves. This is only for you, dear fellow CM users', information. I'm a long time fan of CM and I bleed for having the latest stuff, and on top of that I like to tick tack every little setting I find. Still, these are just my observations and could very well be false information. More special features like NFC or Tethering might go untested.

Build 9th of December
  • UI lag
  • Minor graphic glitches when scrolling
  • Bluetooth won't turn on, hence BT Tethering won't work
  • Notifications e.g. GTalk, Gmail, triggers vibration even though it's disabled in respective apps settings
  • Some apps semi freezing at times (noticed with Chrome and Root Explorer)
  • Keyboard freezing at times, could be related to apps freezing
  • See also teamhacksung's own list of known N7100 issues.
If you want to ask for a specific feature, I might be able to try. And of course a big hug to nebkat & the whole teamhacksung for taking care of us.
Last edited by Fihlvein; 12th December 2012 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fihlvein For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 69

451 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fihlvein

As some of you want to know what exactly does and doesn't work at current (nebkat's) build of CM 10.1 for Note II, I'll maintain a list of things I spot misbehaves. This is only for you, dear fellow CM users', information. I'm a long time fan of CM and I bleed for having the latest stuff, and on top of that I like to tick tack every little setting I find. Still, these are just my observations and could very well be false information. More special features like NFC or Tethering might go untested.

Build 9th of December

• Minor UI lag
  • Minor graphic glitches when scrolling
  • Bluetooth won't turn on, hence BT Tethering won't work
  • So far haven't caught other misbehavings

If you want to ask for a specific feature, I might be able to try. And of course a big hug to nebkat & the whole teamhacksung for taking care of us.

Anything about MHL!?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
10th December 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #20  

634 posts
Sorry, no idea. Cannot try.

Sent and typofied with Note II

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread