Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S IV coming

Tip us?

abhinav quietly brilliant
Old
Thanks Meter 234
not a samsung anymore.. will try a nexus device this time

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Happy cm user using cm since cm 6..!

Reynaldinho111
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo View Post
I'm waiting for Durex 4 to be delivered.
Chas, are you keeping your note or are you gonna do the smart thing and sell it?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
Previous Devices
Samsung Captivate - KIA
Samsung Infuse - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - Retired

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 - Sold
Current Device
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G6900T

Scotte3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If you are not getting another Samsung...
What is your next choice?

Reynaldinho111
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotte3 View Post
If you are not getting another Samsung...
What is your next choice?
Sony yuga/Odin/whatever its gonna be called probably. It will most definitely be a Sony device unless Sammy steps their game up by the time the gs4 is released, which I highly doubt.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
Previous Devices
Samsung Captivate - KIA
Samsung Infuse - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - Retired

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 - Sold
Current Device
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G6900T

eybee1970
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,285
I said it once never to buy a device from a certain company (it was Motorola), if i'd continue with that for the next 4 devices, i would have to go back to my old Siemens S4....
I don't need money for my work!!
Donate to Medicins sans Frontieres
http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm
The Following User Says Thank You to eybee1970 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msedek
Old
(Last edited by msedek; 9th December 2012 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970 View Post
I said it once never to buy a device from a certain company (it was Motorola), if i'd continue with that for the next 4 devices, i would have to go back to my old Siemens S4....
Lol so far Sammy is doing pretty well I don't know what's the hate xD.. As far as I can see from tw ux (LRT) on note it has become better and better not to mention the new features on JB.. Multi windows and etc features are WAY ahead of AOSP.. TW its how android should be anyways.. Who cares about a plain/boring /simplistic rom like cm10.. AOSP roms are closer to iOS than any other in boringness/featureless terms... Sammy its always innovating and bringing a whole new world of stuff on every release.. Come on.. Just compare any AOSP JB 4.1.2 to TW (beta) XXLSC... Even the lock screen on AOSP sucks.. Oh wait I want to unlock my screen aww where's the fking tiny little circle I gotta slide to unlock and hey where to? Left? Right? BS...
"bloat" you don't even have to delete anything just hide it and that's it.. And you can always get a custom TW for any extra stuff.. But hey saying AOSP crap is anyway better than TW its plain dumb.. It's like comparing a stock subaru impresa with a rally twicked subaru impresa..

I got some friends with a nexus and when they saw my note on XXLS2 they flashed the TW add on and now they have nexus with TW just because it's beautiful

Yeah Google delivers a really good base to work with.. (AOSP) but hey let the professionals in business (multimillions companies) paying a crap load of money for innovation and revolutionary ideas do the job that's not for kids or benefisense... Rest its antagonism

Tapatalking on my n7000
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to msedek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Savage13
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by msedek View Post
Lol so far Sammy is doing pretty well I don't know what's the hate xD.. As far as I can see from tw ux (LRT) on note it has become better and better not to mention the new features on JB.. Multi windows and etc features are WAY ahead of AOSP.. TW its how android should be anyways.. Who cares about a plain/boring /simplistic rom like cm10.. AOSP roms are closer to iOS than any other in boringness/featureless terms... Sammy its always innovating and bringing a whole new world of stuff on every release.. Come on.. Just compare any AOSP JB 4.1.2 to TW (beta) XXLSC... Even the lock screen on AOSP sucks.. Oh wait I want to unlock my screen aww where's the fking tiny little circle I gotta slide to unlock and hey where to? Left? Right? BS...
"bloat" you don't even have to delete anything just hide it and that's it.. And you can always get a custom TW for any extra stuff.. But hey saying AOSP crap is anyway better than TW its plain dumb.. It's like comparing a stock subaru impresa with a rally twicked subaru impresa..

I got some friends with a nexus and when they saw my note on XXLS2 they flashed the TW add on and now they have nexus with TW just because it's beautiful

Yeah Google delivers a really good base to work with.. (AOSP) but hey let the professionals in business (multimillions companies) paying a crap load of money for innovation and revolutionary ideas do the job that's not for kids or benefisense... Rest its antagonism

Tapatalking on my n7000
TW isn't what Android should be, Android is whatever the user wants it to be, it's open and you can customise it however you like.

I think you should stop ass kissing a big corporation that doesn't give a crap about you, they only care about your money.

The Following User Says Thank You to Savage13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msedek
Old
(Last edited by msedek; 9th December 2012 at 01:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage13 View Post
TW isn't what Android should be, Android is whatever the user wants it to be, it's open and you can customise it however you like.

I think you should stop ass kissing a big corporation that doesn't give a crap about you, they only care about your money.

Well I'm free to think anything and as everyone else here I'm expressing MY opinion... And I spend my money on what ever it want.. Erm and stop talking like there's a secret Evil conspiracy theory (let's manipulate people's minds to take their money muahaha) behind big corporations(I got brain you know?And I own LG android devices and nexus devices so I can tell what I like better) .. Oh yeah you don't have a Samsung rite? Or no better I should kiss some random nobody a$$ heck no..

Sounds like you are mad about something? I'm very happy with my device and the products samsung delivers.. So i think they DO care about me and costumers making us all happy.. Isn't that what's money for? Buy some kind of happiness?

Tapatalking on my n7000
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to msedek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
The yuga looks pretty bad ass im not gunna lie

The Following User Says Thank You to DJsCrIBbLe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rraaka
Old
Thanks Meter 665
I find myself tilting in favour of the Sony experience too. But Im keeping my Note till I give it away to a dear one in the family. I literally have to hide it when the whole family is around , especially the youngsters !!

Well, lots of expert opinions here.

At the end of the day, its what SELLS over the counter that matters. Big corporates will always cater to that first. If you were in their shoes you would do that too. I phone popularity will also continue no matter how much we try to bring it down.

Throw a poll to the forum and you get your answers. Observe the number of downloads and you know whats what.

Experts are part of that 1% and they know how to get the best out of a very bad situation so it works out even in the end.

Variety is a criteria too. I couldnt possibly go for another device very simillar to the Note. I love Android though. It gives you a great learning platform. Its educative value is what will keep it alive for many generations.