5,600,429 Members 32,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mac Users, Rejoice!

Tip us?

meatlocker
Old
(Last edited by meatlocker; 23rd February 2013 at 12:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Talking Mac Users, Rejoice!

Like many Mac users, I have been struggling with the fact that Android File Transfer (AFT) suddenly stopped working when Mountain Lion was released. I do not like Kies for Mac (or Kies in general, really), and missed the simplicity that AFT has in getting stuff to and from my device, both internal and external storage wise. My life was a shambles. I cried myself to sleep most nights.

But no more.

A recent development has allowed AFT to work for us once again! Huzzah!

First, download the Kies installer from here. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

Then grab the latest version of AFT from here.

Put away tissues. Get good night's sleep.

***UPDATED***
The Kies uninstaller can now be found at the Samsung website within the Kies install package. Changed link to point directly to it.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

envision
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Like many Mac users, I have been struggling with the fact that Android File Transfer (AFT) suddenly stopped working when Mountain Lion was released. I do not like Kies for Mac (or Kies in general, really), and missed the simplicity that AFT has in getting stuff to and from my device, both internal and external storage wise. My life was a shambles. I cried myself to sleep most nights.

But no more.

First, download this file.. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

Worked like a champion thanks man!!!!!!!
Why yes that is a Nexus 5.......

meatlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Great, man. Glad to help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

TheWalkingDead
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: Mac Users, Rejoice!

Quote:

But no more.

First, download this file.. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

How often do you update this kies program?

__________________________________________________ ___
Best Buy now offers permanent price match against all stores including Amazon and online stores - The Galaxy Note 2 is the phone of the decade! - Tapatalk HD 2

livingaboard
Old
(Last edited by livingaboard; 22nd February 2013 at 11:17 PM.) Reason: signature test
Thanks Meter 31
that is the one thing I hate about Mac. I ended up just dual booting my Macbook, bought a larger hard drive and bought a full version of Windows 7. This was all just to screw with my phone and flash stuff via odin.

I am still on Snow Leopard

meatlocker
Old
(Last edited by meatlocker; 23rd February 2013 at 12:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297

QUOTE=TheWalkingDead;38343318]How often do you update this kies program? [/QUOTE]

I don't. This particular version contains the uninstaller that is needed to get rid of the remnants on your computer.

TheWalkingDead
Old
(Last edited by TheWalkingDead; 23rd February 2013 at 01:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:

I don't. This particular version contains the uninstaller that is needed to get rid of the remnants on your computer.

I recommend everyone to perform a Google search for "kies" and go to their official website to download the latest version because this version can be outdated and incompatible with later versions of Mac OS. And also, not that I don't trust the OP but how do I know his file has not been compromised by mal ware? No offense. Just saying. Trying to be safe here.

Or the OP can just link to the official kies website like he did with AFT.
Best Buy now offers permanent price match against all stores including Amazon and online stores - The Galaxy Note 2 is the phone of the decade! - Tapatalk HD 2

UrbanLagoon
Old
Thanks Meter 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingaboard View Post
that is the one thing I hate about Mac. I ended up just dual booting my Macbook, bought a larger hard drive and bought a full version of Windows 7. This was all just to screw with my phone and flash stuff via odin.

I am still on Snow Leopard
Your a g.

A lot of bloatware removed.
Screen on time after normal charge: 7-8 hours always.

meatlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingDead View Post
I recommend everyone to perform a Google search for "kies" and go to their official website to download the latest version because this version can be outdated and incompatible with later versions of Mac OS. And also, not that I don't trust the OP but how do I know his file has not been compromised by mal ware? No offense. Just saying. Trying to be safe here.

Or the OP can just link to the official kies website like he did with AFT.
LOL. Do what now? So, you come along 3 months after this helpful post has been accessed by a number of people, from a reputable 6-year member of XDA, and question the help that is given? That's pretty funny, my man. I am glad I could help you too. Here is some more help...if you are going to attempt to bite the hand that feeds you, at least do some research on your own first. Had you done that, you would have discovered that Samsung does not distribute the uninstaller anymore (and hasn't for a while) for Kies, and I (after doing my own research) managed to find it, test it, and host it on my OWN website, for grateful people like yourself.

So, welcome to XDA, new guy. Let's try to be a little more gracious.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meatlocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheWalkingDead
Old
(Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 23rd February 2013 at 01:07 PM.) Reason: not needed
Thanks Meter 6

Quote:
LOL. Do what now? So, you come along 3 months after this helpful post has been accessed by a number of people, from a reputable 6-year member of XDA, and question the help that is given? That's pretty funny, my man. I am glad I could help you too. Here is some more help...if you are going to attempt to bite the hand that feeds you, at least do some research on your own first. Had you done that, you would have discovered that Samsung does not distribute the uninstaller anymore (and hasn't for a while) for Kies, and I (after doing my own research) managed to find it, test it, and host it on my OWN website, for grateful people like yourself.

So, welcome to XDA, new guy. Let's try to be a little more gracious.
I just Googled "kies." Samsung's website was at the top of the list. I downloaded the app, and ran the uninstaller.