Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quality Problem - "Dirty Corners" - No Satement from HTC !!!

Tip us?

spiderbirdy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Angry Quality Problem - "Dirty Corners" - No Satement from HTC !!!

Wondering why our HTC is so dirty, although brought to us by our Mother to clean ???

Well, that's no dirt, likely, but it's loosing the color, so you can't clean the corner's.
At the moment, the official HTC facebook support page is the best place to change our phone. So far, there is still no statement from HTC about this issue. There are more and more people worldwide with the same "dirty corner" problem, because it's painted the color only on the black cover comes to the fore. Some people report the support will tell you to change to a black 8X, because they have no problems (without colour, it'ts logic).

cu

spiderbirdy

eth3rton
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I've tried to read this a couple times and don't fully understand what you are telling us. Is there a quality control issue with the screens? Certain models? Can you post pictures and/or links to sites? I just ordered the red Verizon 8x...

spiderbirdy
Old
(Last edited by spiderbirdy; 9th December 2012 at 05:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I don't mean the screen, i mean the cover that is loosing the color. HTC didn't use colored Polycarbonate (like Nokia/Lumia920), they painted the black cover to blue with a rough surface.
The yellow and red 8X should not have this issue (this ones have a smooth surface), users suspect that the rough surface causes the Difficulties.

cu

spiderbirdy

zed011
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Soft coating is rubbing off, I guess you should get a repair from HTC or exchange from the store you bought it from

spiderbirdy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
That's right, i wrote to HTC Facebook (Germany), they gave me the support phone number ( +49 692 222 7334) and they will change the cover when i send the 8X in. I hope to get a limelight yellow one ..................i'm too busy at the moment, to call the support

cu

spiderbirdy

zed011
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Did they ask for your receipt?

spiderbirdy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed011 View Post
Did they ask for your receipt?
'til now, they didn't ask, because i've no time to call the Support....and send the phone to Arvato (german HTC Contract Company)

cu

spiderbirdy

chris719
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't think the coating is peeling off. Might be staining instead, hard to say. Here is a picture from another forum of someone who dropped it. It's clearly blue all the way through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nyivy.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1562220  

spiderbirdy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I don't think the coating is peeling off. Might be staining instead, hard to say. Here is a picture from another forum of someone who dropped it. It's clearly blue all the way through.
It`s peeling of, sure !!! The HTC Support knows the problem. First "Pre Released" Phones for Developers had the same problem. HTC said that this issue concerns just the "Pre-released" Phones, but it did not.
I think, it depends from what charge the cover is made. I'm not blind and i know how to clean........

cu

spiderbirdy

chris719
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is your phone HW Rev 0001, 0002, or 0003? It should be in the About screen in Settings.