Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Quality Problem - "Dirty Corners" - No Satement from HTC !!!

8th December 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Wondering why our HTC is so dirty, although brought to us by our Mother to clean ???

Well, that's no dirt, likely, but it's loosing the color, so you can't clean the corner's.
At the moment, the official HTC facebook support page is the best place to change our phone. So far, there is still no statement from HTC about this issue. There are more and more people worldwide with the same "dirty corner" problem, because it's painted the color only on the black cover comes to the fore. Some people report the support will tell you to change to a black 8X, because they have no problems (without colour, it'ts logic).

cu

spiderbirdy
8th December 2012, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Paducah, KY
Thanks Meter: 7

170 posts
More
I've tried to read this a couple times and don't fully understand what you are telling us. Is there a quality control issue with the screens? Certain models? Can you post pictures and/or links to sites? I just ordered the red Verizon 8x...
9th December 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berlin

16 posts
I don't mean the screen, i mean the cover that is loosing the color. HTC didn't use colored Polycarbonate (like Nokia/Lumia920), they painted the black cover to blue with a rough surface.
The yellow and red 8X should not have this issue (this ones have a smooth surface), users suspect that the rough surface causes the Difficulties.

cu

spiderbirdy
Last edited by spiderbirdy; 9th December 2012 at 05:40 AM.
11th December 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

203 posts
More
Soft coating is rubbing off, I guess you should get a repair from HTC or exchange from the store you bought it from
11th December 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berlin

16 posts
That's right, i wrote to HTC Facebook (Germany), they gave me the support phone number ( +49 692 222 7334) and they will change the cover when i send the 8X in. I hope to get a limelight yellow one ..................i'm too busy at the moment, to call the support

cu

spiderbirdy
11th December 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 22

203 posts
More
Did they ask for your receipt?
11th December 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berlin

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed011

Did they ask for your receipt?

'til now, they didn't ask, because i've no time to call the Support....and send the phone to Arvato (german HTC Contract Company)

cu

spiderbirdy
14th December 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I don't think the coating is peeling off. Might be staining instead, hard to say. Here is a picture from another forum of someone who dropped it. It's clearly blue all the way through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nyivy.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1562220  
18th December 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Berlin

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719

I don't think the coating is peeling off. Might be staining instead, hard to say. Here is a picture from another forum of someone who dropped it. It's clearly blue all the way through.

It`s peeling of, sure !!! The HTC Support knows the problem. First "Pre Released" Phones for Developers had the same problem. HTC said that this issue concerns just the "Pre-released" Phones, but it did not.
I think, it depends from what charge the cover is made. I'm not blind and i know how to clean........

cu

spiderbirdy
20th December 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Is your phone HW Rev 0001, 0002, or 0003? It should be in the About screen in Settings.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread