Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Look at the letter I got regarding Google Wallet

Tip us?

josh995
Old
(Last edited by josh995; 8th December 2012 at 11:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Default Look at the letter I got regarding Google Wallet

Not sure if this is something that has been posted in this forum before, but I got a letter from Verizon regarding my FCC complaint about Google Wallet.

Thought it was worth sharing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vzwletter.jpg
Views:	5373
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	1547592  
Have had way too many phones to list. Currently HTC One on Verizon Wireless.
I like Apple & Android equally. Shocker, I know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to josh995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shibby87
Old
Thanks Meter 49
This is just utter bs.. Makes me sick to be a Verizon customer. So according to them they don't block Google Wallet, but then they go on to explain that any app that integrates with the secure element will be blocked.. So why diddnt they just say that in the first place? I'm sure this is just an excuse for them to force us to use their ****ty take on wallet, and you can be damn sure their app integrates with the secure element, hypocrits. How is it that every other carrier has it available and we don't? So it sounds like if we want official Google Wallet for our devices without editing the build prop, Google will have to release a device under Verizon with it preinstalled. Wow, just wow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Shibby87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josh995
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby87 View Post
This is just utter bs.. Makes me sick to be a Verizon customer. So according to them they don't block Google Wallet, but then they go on to explain that any app that integrates with the secure element will be blocked.. So why diddnt they just say that in the first place? I'm sure this is just an excuse for them to force us to use their ****ty take on wallet, and you can be damn sure their app integrates with the secure element, hypocrits. How is it that every other carrier has it available and we don't? So it sounds like if we want official Google Wallet for our devices without editing the build prop, Google will have to release a device under Verizon with it preinstalled. Wow, just wow.

Exactly. Also, if it's such a limitation, then why does it work on Sprint? Doesn't the Sprint S3 have the same internals as the Verizon S3?
Have had way too many phones to list. Currently HTC One on Verizon Wireless.
I like Apple & Android equally. Shocker, I know.

Gordon Ramsay
Old
Thanks Meter 159
You guys are crybabies. I just came from Sprint and if you think Verizon is so awful you should probably go tale a look elsewhere. We'll see ya when you come crawling back

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Ramsay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbell7105
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby87 View Post

Wow I must be out of the loop but please tell me besides sprint what carriers officially support Google Wallet?
SM-N900T, SGH-M919, SGH-T999, SGH-T989, SCH-I535, Kindle Fire, and several more broken or obsolete android devices ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to sbell7105 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pacifik
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
I believe Verizon has stated that they won't provide ISIS access to Nexus devices either as they are not certified for their BLAH BLAH security reasons BLAH. I do believe Google is tinkering on a work around for this stuff. At least they didn't go to the effort of disabling NFC entirely like other carriers have.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Hulk0069
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Ramsay View Post
You guys are crybabies. I just came from Sprint and if you think Verizon is so awful you should probably go tale a look elsewhere. We'll see ya when you come crawling back

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
Not about being a cry baby, just wrong, how we're restricted

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Chris123NT
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Wow, this is kinda messed up. Hopefully google can find a way around this, the carriers definitely have too much control over android to be able to have limitations like this in place.

Would be nice if google had full control over the android ecosystem, especially for things like updates, but thankfully we can root and use custom roms to get around the updates issue (especially us VZ users since they're always last to push updates).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris123NT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Imatoasta
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris123NT View Post
Wow, this is kinda messed up. Hopefully google can find a way around this, the carriers definitely have too much control over android to be able to have limitations like this in place.

Would be nice if google had full control over the android ecosystem, especially for things like updates, but thankfully we can root and use custom roms to get around the updates issue (especially us VZ users since they're always last to push updates).
Yeah Google is finding a way around this. In about a year they'll have a big workaround with a little help from dish network hopefully Make sure to start selling any stock you have in the big telcos right now.

tallgrasshawk
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell7105 View Post
Wow I must be out of the loop but please tell me besides sprint what carriers officially support Google Wallet?
Us cellular does.