[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

4,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,872

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th December 2012, 05:09 AM |#11  
Flag City of Bright Lights
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Did this thursday night and it works flawlessly, glad to have Wallet back after I lost my Secure Element on my GS3

9th December 2012, 05:18 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
revemou ear
I am on step 7 now, and I think I am stuck. How long does the reset take? The progress bar is stuck on 98%, on "Removing payment cards," for about 15 minutes now.
9th December 2012, 06:07 AM |#13  
Flag Duson, LA
Thanks Meter: 163

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundabouts

I am on step 7 now, and I think I am stuck. How long does the reset take? The progress bar is stuck on 98%, on "Removing payment cards," for about 15 minutes now.

That is very normal. Try to back out of the app.
9th December 2012, 06:20 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malinois16

That is very normal. Try to back out of the app.

Yeah, I finally gathered my courage and backed out. I finished everything and now my wallet seems to be working. Time to give it a go at a store!
9th December 2012, 07:56 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 526

More
Is this something that would be able to be cooked into a rom- a working version of Wallet, or would this procedure have to be done after every flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
9th December 2012, 07:56 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I originally used the original link that you posted. Those directions were a bit lacking so I ended up using the GS3 thread in combination with the original GN2 thread. It said to remove the APK. I was like, what APK, I am starting new, i don't ahve anything installed. So I assumed this person started off using the GS3 thread. So I went to the GS3 thread and flash modaco patched r87 and the GS3 NFC fix (I know, that was mistake). I then removed the APK. Then changed my build.prop. I installed the legit APK from play store. Then I opened it and activated my cards. It claimed that the app would restart on it's own, but it never did. I then just deleted the APK and then moved the modaco patched r87 into the system/app directory. Everything appeared to go well. I tried to make a payment and got a declined message at a 7-11. I then tried it at a CVS and but this time the NFC didn't even register. I then realized, I had the wrong NFC fix. So I flashed the NOTE2 NFC fix and was able to make my first successful wallet payment. Well everything ended up well so I'm happy. It seems that your directions are a little bit clearer than he original. Good luck to everyone else. I feel a little uncomfortable because my method was little dirty cuz I flashed the GS3 NFC fix first by accident. Once the new Cleanrom comes out with the multiwindow, I will try this process again from scratch and hopefully get a cleaner install.
9th December 2012, 08:08 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Why am I getting the message Android is Upgrading everytime I reboot my phone? Is there anyway to get rid of it?
9th December 2012, 08:11 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegeek

Why am I getting the message Android is Upgrading everytime I reboot my phone? Is there anyway to get rid of it?

I can't speak for sure, but I've only seen that after clearing out dalvik, when it starts having its odexing fun.

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
9th December 2012, 10:23 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Except I did not clear out the Cache and it happens everytime I reboot the device.
9th December 2012, 12:52 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Burleson TX
Thanks Meter: 7,872

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermindx85

Im on tmobile and still no luck it fails when it tries to finish the transaction

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Go back and repeat the process.
9th December 2012, 01:02 PM |#21  
Flag Arlington Virginia
Thanks Meter: 402

More
I have been having problems getting Google Wallet working on my international N7100. Do you think this process will fix it?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)