Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Tip us?

Sparkz914
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Did this thursday night and it works flawlessly, glad to have Wallet back after I lost my Secure Element on my GS3
Samsung Galaxy SIII AKA Her Time of the Month Red

Roundabouts
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default revemou ear

I am on step 7 now, and I think I am stuck. How long does the reset take? The progress bar is stuck on 98%, on "Removing payment cards," for about 15 minutes now.

malinois16
Old
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundabouts View Post
I am on step 7 now, and I think I am stuck. How long does the reset take? The progress bar is stuck on 98%, on "Removing payment cards," for about 15 minutes now.
That is very normal. Try to back out of the app.

Roundabouts
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by malinois16 View Post
That is very normal. Try to back out of the app.
Yeah, I finally gathered my courage and backed out. I finished everything and now my wallet seems to be working. Time to give it a go at a store!

slaydog
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Is this something that would be able to be cooked into a rom- a working version of Wallet, or would this procedure have to be done after every flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

skim32
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I originally used the original link that you posted. Those directions were a bit lacking so I ended up using the GS3 thread in combination with the original GN2 thread. It said to remove the APK. I was like, what APK, I am starting new, i don't ahve anything installed. So I assumed this person started off using the GS3 thread. So I went to the GS3 thread and flash modaco patched r87 and the GS3 NFC fix (I know, that was mistake). I then removed the APK. Then changed my build.prop. I installed the legit APK from play store. Then I opened it and activated my cards. It claimed that the app would restart on it's own, but it never did. I then just deleted the APK and then moved the modaco patched r87 into the system/app directory. Everything appeared to go well. I tried to make a payment and got a declined message at a 7-11. I then tried it at a CVS and but this time the NFC didn't even register. I then realized, I had the wrong NFC fix. So I flashed the NOTE2 NFC fix and was able to make my first successful wallet payment. Well everything ended up well so I'm happy. It seems that your directions are a little bit clearer than he original. Good luck to everyone else. I feel a little uncomfortable because my method was little dirty cuz I flashed the GS3 NFC fix first by accident. Once the new Cleanrom comes out with the multiwindow, I will try this process again from scratch and hopefully get a cleaner install.

homegeek
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Why am I getting the message Android is Upgrading everytime I reboot my phone? Is there anyway to get rid of it?

spycedtx
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegeek View Post
Why am I getting the message Android is Upgrading everytime I reboot my phone? Is there anyway to get rid of it?
I can't speak for sure, but I've only seen that after clearing out dalvik, when it starts having its odexing fun.

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

homegeek
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Except I did not clear out the Cache and it happens everytime I reboot the device.

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,623

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermindx85 View Post
Im on tmobile and still no luck it fails when it tries to finish the transaction

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Go back and repeat the process.

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5