[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

OP antiochasylum

9th December 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #21  
Flag Arlington Virginia
Thanks Meter: 403

1,246 posts
More
I have been having problems getting Google Wallet working on my international N7100. Do you think this process will fix it?
9th December 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Burleson TX
Thanks Meter: 7,630

4,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Eyed Wolf

I have been having problems getting Google Wallet working on my international N7100. Do you think this process will fix it?

Try and see. It won't hurt anything. I know this is know to be working across ALL US versions on the note2. So in theory. It should work.
9th December 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #23  
This is first time I'm attempting use gwallet. Do we need to do anything before install different rom? Like removing card or unregister or something similar in wallet before installing new rom?
9th December 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 428

1,435 posts
I didn't do anything special, except root. Just follow the instructions to a tee, even if you think some may be wrong. It's running fine for me- now gotta try to actually buy something :thumbup::beer:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
9th December 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #25  
Flag Orange Park, FL
Thanks Meter: 25

58 posts
More
This is the first time I've used Google Wallet and I have to say this is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

One issue though... Everything works fine. I've used it at CVS with no problems, but I get NFC force closes pretty regularly. Always two in a row and then it's fine for a while. Any ideas?
9th December 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #26  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Burleson TX
Thanks Meter: 7,630

4,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcoholicDoc

This is the first time I've used Google Wallet and I have to say this is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

One issue though... Everything works fine. I've used it at CVS with no problems, but I get NFC force closes pretty regularly. Always two in a row and then it's fine for a while. Any ideas?

Hmm...did you set the correct permissions?

Not sure why you are getting a FC. Are you odexed or de-odexed?
9th December 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #27  
Lexington SC
Thanks Meter: 8

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum

I too was getting an NFC force close message, I am running the JEDI 6.0 rom. I ended up pushing the original NFC.apk and NFCtest.apk files back into system app and the NFC force close messages have stopped.
9th December 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #28  
Flag Orange Park, FL
Thanks Meter: 25

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum

I checked the permissions again and they are the same as the original files.

I am on an odexed ROM. I'm using the N7105XXDLK7 rooted.

If I restore my nfc and nfctest apks, I should still be good yes?
9th December 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 12

17 posts
Bad build.prop? Stuck at "SAMSUNG" boot screen
Hello antiochasylum and/or others

Many thanks for the guide. I hate to be the annoying guy who bricked his phone even after being provided a simple step-by-step guide, but I am. ... I got everything working perfectly (added card, rebooted, it was still there), but then for step #13 instead of entering the build.prop file and changing the model, name, device back to my AT&T Note II, I merely copied my original build.prop file that I had previously copied to another folder before I started, effectively overwriting the post-modification build.prop (not sure anything even changes here).

Now at boot, the initial Samsung comes up, followed by the AT&T "Rethink Possible", but then it gets stuck at a glowing SAMSUNG on black screen and periodically vibrates. I mounted /system and used adb to check the build.prop file, and all the correct/original values are there. I'll attach my file here in case it will help.

I'm positive this copying of build.prop into /system is the cause for this because it was the only thing I did before rebooting again.

Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to Thanks and buy a beer (if possible) for the help
Attached Files
File Type: zip build.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 9 views)
9th December 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 390

1,072 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gisboro

I too was getting an NFC force close message, I am running the JEDI 6.0 rom. I ended up pushing the original NFC.apk and NFCtest.apk files back into system app and the NFC force close messages have stopped.

Can you post the 2 Original files? I forgot to backup and get forclosed as well

♥★★♥ AT&T Galaxy Note II ♡☆☆♡

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread