Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL (U9510E) - Update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Search This thread

simonfzhao

Apr 17, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Below is a tutorial I have compiled and translated from bbs.anzhi.com on how to update your Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL (U9510E) to the latest version of Android offered by EmotionUI, Jelly Bean 4.1.2:

First of all, I want to give credit where credit is due:
genokolar (aka G大) - Creator/Modder of the Custom Recovery for this, and many other phones coming out of China
Ry09iu (aka R大) - Creator of a Rooted ROM based on EmotionUI B534, which is based on Android 4.1.2
【LUV】 - The board moderator for the D1Quad section of bbs.anzhi, also who's ROM release I used for my phone, but it's upto you to choose which one you want to use

**IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR YOU TO ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH FLASHING PHONES. IN THE CHANCE THAT YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT**

**DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR FILES!!**

Now that the credits and the warning are given, let's get started:

Required Tools:
1. Recovery 6.0.1.9: This tool will open in command prompt and will allow you to flash in the Custom Recovery created by genokolar, as well as the stock recovery released by Huawei. Mirror

2(a).Official ROMs:

i. Official EmotionUI ROM B551 (Updated January 11, 2013): Release Notes

2(b).Custom ROMs:

i. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom (Author: genokolar):
- B534 Download

ii. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom (Author: Ry09iu):
- B534 Download
- B538 Download

iii. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom with HOLO as default Launcher (Author: Ry09iu, Modded by LUV):
- B534 Download
- B538 Download
- B542 Download

iv. MIUI V4.1 - converted from MIUI V4.1 for Honor 2 (Author: Ry09iu):

3. GApps [Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (Author goo.im/gapps)]: Download

*The roms are hosted in China so the download will be slow, please be patient and your download will be done in an hour or two :)*

**PLEASE PLACE THE ROM YOU WISH TO UES INTO YOUR EXTERNAL SD CARD BEFORE CONTINUING**

Step 1: Flashing Custom Recovery
1. Turn-on USB debugging on your phone [Settings -> Developer Settings -> USB debugging]
2. Plug in your Phone to your computer via USB for it to install the appropriate drivers*
3. Run recovery6.0.1.4_AscendD1Q.exe
3.5 If your system locale is set to anything other than Chinese, you will get this:
13537413.png

But what you should see is this:
grecovery.png

What that means is: said:
**-1. Flash Chinese Custom Recovery-**
**-2. Recover Official Recovery-**
##-3.Reboot phone into Recovery-##
4. Type in "1" and press Enter -> This Recovery Flasher will do what it's made to do and when it's completed, your phone will now have a custom recovery.
5. The application will automatically close 10 seconds after the Recovery has been successfully flashed.

Note from Genokolar said:
1. The development of this Custom Recovery was done through email with Huawei so it may be lacking certain features, a full custom recovery will be released as soon as responds him
2. This recovery will only flash from an external SD Card, internal SD card flash is not yet supported
3. At the time of this Custom Recovery being posted, no third-party ROM has been released, therefore it has not been tested <- No longer the case
4.This recovery can be used to Root the EMUI ROMs released by Huawei
5. When you need to flash back to the original ROM releases by Huawei, or receive OTA updates from Huawei, please flash back the original Recovery

*If the drivers do not install properly, please download the driver attached in this post and install it manually.

Step 2: ROM Flashing
1. Boot your phone into the new recovery. (either by starting the application again and selecting option 3, or press and hold the Power Button with Volumn Up)
2. You will be greeted by the Custom Recovery Screen show below:
recoveryo.jpg

[*] Reboot system now

[*] Select zip to flash/install

[*] Wipe data

[*] Wipe cache

[*] Backup and restore

[*] Flash memory/Format

[*] Advanced setting

[*] Turn off phone
3. Scroll to select option 3 (Wipe data), confirm the wipe
4. Scroll to select option 4 (Wipe cache), confirm the wipe as well
5. Scroll to select option 2 (Select zip to flash/install)
applyupdatefromsdcard.jpg

[*] Select zip from SD Card to Flash

[*] Install /sdcard/update.zip

[*] Activate/Deactivate Signature Verification

[*] Install from external zip
<-- Back to previous screen
6. Scroll to and select option 4 (Install from external zip)
7. Scroll to and select the zip file of the ROM which you have previously downloaded and placed into your external SD Card, confirm the flash
7.5. At this point, you can either flash in the gapps right away, or flash it after rebooting into the OS. I chose to flash it after booting into the OS for the first, but I don't think it will cause any problems. I will be posting the way I did it, and if you guys did it the other way, let us know if it worked or not

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
When you're booting up your system out from Recovery, you will be asked whether or not you would want your ROM to auto update the recovery, shown below:
updaterecovery.jpg

[*] Yes - Forbid Auto Update of Recovery

[*] Cancel - Back
<-- Return to previous
Please select the one being highlighted in the image, which is option 2 ([*] Cancel - Back). OR CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

Step 3: Flashing GApps
1. Boot into recovery
2. Scroll to and select option 4 (Install from external zip)
3. Scroll to and select the zip file of GApps you have downloaded "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" or whatever you may have renamed it to, confirm the flash
4. Reboot into OS
5. *THE NOTE ABOVE STILL APPLIES, SO HERE IT IS AGAIN*
*IMPORTANT NOTE*
When you're booting up your system out from Recovery, you will be asked whether or not you would want your ROM to auto update the recovery, shown below:
updaterecovery.jpg

[*] Cancel - Back
<-- Return to previous
Please select the one being highlighted in the image, which is option 2 ([*] Cancel - Back). OR CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

Step 4: ALL DONE!
Congratulations, assuming everything was done properly, and everything worked out, now you will have Android 4.1.2 on your Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL.

Images not showing up in your GooglePlay Store? YouTube not working?
Here is how our very own 12andy fixed the problem:

UPDATE: So using a clear hosts breaks the ability to connect to Facebook (via app and website). It's best to use AdAway, instead.

Nvana, it's the same process we've been using to flash the Chinese ROM(s), but with the added step of "fixing" the hosts file:
  • download SmartHosts from Goole Play (free)
  • tap on "Toggle hosts file" button
  • select "Clean hosts file"

And you're done! Rebooting wasn't necessary either, as the images started loading immediately.

Last edited:

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
Thank you for translating this! I do have a several question though.

1) Is it possible to edit the recovery so we can implement English into it? Maybe you can collaborate with the dev that made the recovery and ask him to make an English version of it??

2) I did a little research and I think the Chinese ascend is u9508 where ours u9510e. would there be any conflict or some features not usable?

3) I know you can change the system language but I am just wondering is there any difference in the chinese version of 4.1 vs the english version? or its just simply a language pack thing?

Wish you were in the 'GVA'

Thanks for doing this! Hope more people can test it out. I am bit too busy to play with my phone now so I'll do it in a week or so!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ag00gleUser

simonfzhao

Apr 17, 2011
Thank you for translating this! I do have a several question though.

1) Is it possible to edit the recovery so we can implement English into it? Maybe you can collaborate with the dev that made the recovery and ask him to make an English version of it??

2) I did a little research and I think the Chinese ascend is u9508 where ours u9510e. would there be any conflict or some features not usable?

3) I know you can change the system language but I am just wondering is there any difference in the chinese version of 4.1 vs the english version? or its just simply a language pack thing?

Wish you were in the 'GVA'

Thanks for doing this! Hope more people can test it out. I am bit too busy to play with my phone now so I'll do it in a week or so!

Keep up the good work!

Hey no problem at all,

1) I will suggest that to him, no problem, but not sure if he's willing to accept it though, but I'll try :)

2) The U9508 is actually the Honor 2, not the same as the D1 Quad XL. The Honor 2 was designed as a high powered budget ranged device to counter the XiaoMi M2 and the D1 Quad XL was supposed to be their flagship device. Although there is actually a Honor 2 with 2GBs of ram though lol

So to answer your question, this was made specifically for our phone the U9510E :D

3) Huawei has not yet released an international version of the EmotionUI for our phone, so the only way to get Jelly Bean on our phones is to run the Chinese version of the ROM. And to be honest, there aren't any major differences. For example, one difference is that the Chinese version will not have the Google apps, but we can patch it in by flashing the gapps from goo.im. I think the only difference would be that the international versions will have more language support.

Haha no problem, let me know when you do get to try it out :D

-AdMiRaL-

Jan 30, 2009
I've tried it many times however it did not work. :confused: The connection to the Chinese server seems to be established, unfortunately the ROM download did not start.

Last edited:

12andy

Mar 12, 2011
Got JB up and running late last night!

Please see my notes below.

ROM download:
  • make SURE that the ROM you download is in ZIP format; the recovery does NOT recognize 7z files (as expected)
  • for this reason, I downloaded version B
  • use Flashget to grab the file (saves a lot of time and grief in the event of network disconnections)

Flashing Custom Recovery:
  • the phone's drivers MUST be installed first
  • I think the program must be run first as well, prior to plugging the phone in (the procedure would only work once I toggled my phone from Mass Storage to Hi, and back to Mass Storage again)

Flashing GApps:
  • I flashed GApps right after flashing the ROM, but my phone sat at the Huawei logo even after multiple reboots
  • I went back into Recovery and performed a wipe, which fixed the problem
  • upon booting, I only had to install Gmail; Play Store was intact, and might've been included with the ROM already

ROM Impressions:
  • language selection was one of the first screens shown, so that part was very straightforward
  • don't know if it's a JB thing, but scrolling performance has improved irrespective of performance setting - smoother, with less input delay (say, scrolling up and down very quickly)
  • camera UI slightly changed (cleaner, perhaps?); continuously auto-focuses as you move the phone, so hitting the shutter "button" results in near instantaneous response (cool!)
  • more notification bar toggles - can be rearranged to a certain point
  • themes implementation - not really a fan of this, as I prefer the stock Android look/ feel for the most part; choice of vanilla Android is available
  • lock screen shortcuts can only be modified if using a theme
  • stock SMS client isn't vanilla Android - looks nicer, but isn't as responsive IMO
  • menu/ submenu background is near white - probably a bug, as white text on a near white background is just painful; probably not great for battery life either, and is not consistent with ICS+ Android colours

Dropped by the Chinese forum (yay for Chrome auto-translate!) to see if I can decipher any pending updates, but to no avail, lol. Looks like these ROM authors are also focusing on optimizations as well - happy to see that.

REALLY hoping this phone gets more popular very soon, and receives the Cyanogenmod 10 treatment.

Many thanks, Simon! Any chance you could convince the ROM authors over there to volunteer to become CM10 maintainers for our phone? :)

Last edited:

simonfzhao

Apr 17, 2011
I've tried it many times however it did not work. :confused: The connection to the Chinese server seems to be established, unfortunately the ROM download did not start.

Hmm, what browser are you using? I noticed that my Chrome sometimes had problems loading the site because of the extensions I was using, maybe try it again in IE?

Got JB up and running late last night!

Please see my notes below.

ROM download:
  • make SURE that the ROM you download is in ZIP format; the recovery does NOT recognize 7z files (as expected)
  • for this reason, I downloaded version B
  • use Flashget to grab the file (saves a lot of time and grief in the event of network disconnections)

Flashing Custom Recovery:
  • the phone's drivers MUST be installed first
  • I think the program must be run first as well, prior to plugging the phone in (the procedure would only work once I toggled my phone from Mass Storage to Hi, and back to Mass Storage again)

Flashing GApps:
  • I flashed GApps right after flashing the ROM, but my phone sat at the Huawei logo even after multiple reboots
  • I went back into Recovery and performed a wipe, which fixed the problem
  • upon booting, I only had to install Gmail; Play Store was intact, and might've been included with the ROM already

ROM Impressions:
  • language selection was one of the first screens shown, so that part was very straightforward
  • don't know if it's a JB thing, but scrolling performance has improved irrespective of performance setting - smoother, with less input delay (say, scrolling up and down very quickly)
  • camera UI slightly changed (cleaner, perhaps?); continuously auto-focuses as you move the phone, so hitting the shutter "button" results in near instantaneous response (cool!)
  • more notification bar toggles - can be rearranged to a certain point
  • themes implementation - not really a fan of this, as I prefer the stock Android look/ feel for the most part; choice of vanilla Android is available
  • lock screen shortcuts can only be modified if using a theme
  • stock SMS client isn't vanilla Android - looks nicer, but isn't as responsive IMO
  • menu/ submenu background is near white - probably a bug, as white text on a near white background is just painful; probably not great for battery life either, and is not consistent with ICS+ Android colours

Dropped by the Chinese forum (yay for Chrome auto-translate!) to see if I can decipher any pending updates, but to no avail, lol. Looks like these ROM authors are also focusing on optimizations as well - happy to see that.

REALLY hoping this phone gets more popular very soon, and receives the Cyanogenmod 10 treatment.

Many thanks, Simon! Any chance you could convince the ROM authors over there to volunteer to become CM10 maintainers for our phone? :)

Great to see that everything worked! I hated their custom UI too, that's why I opted for HOLO Launcher HD for the stock JB feel :D

Supposedly Huawei will be working with genokolar to fully unlocked the bootloader and release a full custom recovery sometime this week so that should open up doors for other developers :)

And I don't even think they'll need any convincing, this thread here is a member of their development team releasing CM10 for the Ascend P1, so it's just a matter of time!

You're welcome :D

-AdMiRaL-

Jan 30, 2009
Hmm, what browser are you using?

I tried to download via firefox however with using flashget as pointed out by Andy the download started immediately, for whatever reason.

I am also sure that this phone gets most popular soon because of a successfull compromise - strong battery, most compact size ( one-hand operation), 4,5" IPS+ display, quad core cpu and microSD. So keep your fingers crossed that our phone gets their own forum. :D

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
I do hope we get our own page but the thing that is stopping this phone from getting popular are
1) Hard to get your hand on one (BIG ISSUE)
2) Too late to join the quad core market (most people on S3 already and another big issue i mean who in their right mind is gonna give up s3 for this? and you can get a used S3 or BNIB for almost the same price of this phone if you try to import it...)
3) Try to ask anyone if they know what Huawei is ... most-likely they will be like `"what and where" ;p
4) This phone seems to be more appealing to the minority which are us who like to mess around and install Roms... and mess around during the day and runs out of battery (one reason why I choose GNex over many other great phone and one time i flashed 2 different Rom in one day at school because i was bored and then ending up running out of battery).

Yeah i hope their next phone would really make a dent in the market! But for now they already missed their chance to speak up and choose to forever hold their peace...

Well anyways while I am blah blah ing i just finished Downloading the Rom using Chrome, No Problem and took me less then 30 min. Well report back after i flash... which I should be studying for finals but... just cant stand the temptation you guys are posting....

Edit: Rom option 2(b)

So I got the rom to install but are faced with a few issue

1)*solved* Boot animation sound, I am ok with the boot animation but i dont like having sound... Would fast boot wolve that? or it takes the whole boot animation off? (Apparently if you turn the phone off in silent it will not make a sound when you turn it on!)

2) Play store not showing any image... I am not quite sure why... (Google it and did everything possible and still no avail...)

3) Messaging app when i type the keyboard cover the messages, like the message doesn't auto move above the keyboard and when i scroll the keyboard goes away. ** minor issue but its frustrating...

4) I just noticed I can't access YouTube from both the apps and the browser. Does this have to do with the rom?

Last edited:

12andy

Mar 12, 2011
I agree, this phone needs to be marketed much more here; bit of a dark horse, if you ask me.

Your S3 claim: I would have to slightly disagree with you on that one. Most people I know are still rockin' the iPhone and/ or Blackberry (this is a dying breed, however), but the tides are slowly changing now, as people are starting to take notice of Android. I only know three people with S3s, one person with a Note 2, and another recently obtained a Nexus 4 (had his Blackberry for awhile).

Boot animation sound:
I had my phone on silent (well, vibrate) last night, but the sound played still upon rebooting(?). Will test further.

Play Store images:
At first I thought it was my internet connection messing up, but turns out this is not the case. The first Google result pointed me to this, which indicates that using SetDNS (and choosing an appropriate DNS server - I like Google's/ OpenDNS', personally) solves the problem. I'll try this over lunch time at work.

Messaging and keyboard issue:
Swiftkey is typically one of the first apps I install, so can't comment on this.

Youtube:
Haven't tried the Youtube app/ site yet. I'm thinking this MAY tie into our DNS issue.

Further impressions:
  • stock browser isn't vanilla based, and isn't hardware accelerated, so it's a tad choppy (forcing 2D acceleration doesn't seem to work, either)
  • stock browser has a neat feature whereby if you swipe from the right bezel going left, it'll reveal the tabs; pretty intuitive in that regard, IMO

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
I tried the DNS level 3 and that didn't work.

One question did you set external sd to main storage? It doesn't seem to save apps on it?

Sent from my HUAWEI U9510E using xda app-developers app

12andy

Mar 12, 2011
Aw boo. :(

And yeah, I have external SD as main. AFAIK, that setting is only for things such as pictures/ videos, and not for apps.

Apps will always default to the internal storage, which is where the App 2 SD program comes into play.

EDIT: Hmm, I wonder if LUV's version (option C, per this thread) is any better than B. Simon, have you tried this one as well?

Last edited:

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
Hmmm weird bc without setting it my pics and video already saves on external.
Can we not just flash a stock 4.1.2 and flash the radio? I'm guessing gps and camera won't work properly? I don't like the Huawei 4.1 to be honest :s I'm back to 4.0 haha just can't stand the setting menu.

By the way I'm just curious on how you guys got this phone? Through windmobo?

12andy

Mar 12, 2011
Hmm, maybe the camera app itself ignores the system settings, and defaults to external SD on its own...

I don't think flashing a stock 4.1.2 would be that simple, otherwise we wouldn't need to go through these loops (via Chinese ROMs) just to obtain JB. :) Hence, my anxiety for a CM10 release.

I myself am pondering flashing back to stock, but the touch responsiveness of JB would be hard to let go of. Granted, it's a bit of an improvement only, but still. :)

Might try LUV's ROM later tonight.

And yes, I got this through Wind (on a TAB, nonetheless). I don't think this phone is available anywhere else at the moment, as far as Canada is concerned?

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
Sighhh I miss flashing roms I do it so much it's like I'm addicted haha. I still got my GNex to mess with.

Have anyone compiled their own rom before from free sources?

I guess we can try to learn to do that and cook up a rom for this phone :) that would be cool.

I'm having an issue with wify on ics I cannot connect to my school secure wifi. I had all my credential set up but it won't even attempt when I press connect.... You guys experiencing this too?

By the way have you tried the DNS to fix the market? I read somewhere that the app doesn't seem to work on jb?

12andy

Mar 12, 2011
I only enjoy flashing when the ROMs bring about new, practical features, performance improvements aside. :) I always get a chuckle out of Apple fans who jump for joy whenever an update is released. My response? "Yeah, remember how you felt when Apple released that update? Now picture that feeling, but almost every day... welcome to Android."

I'd love to get into ROM compiling, but programming is anything but my forte. :D I'll leave it to the Linux-heads and the guys behind Cyanogenmod, SlimBean, etc., hehe.

Odd. My wifi worked perfectly fine on the stock ROM, connecting to my home router (WPA2 Personal).

I ran across someone that said that if you attempted to use SetDNS without root, that you could possibly hose your wifi. Considering we are rooted now, I haven't the idea as to why you can't connect to the school.

SetDNS set to Google's DNS didn't work, unfortunately. Might be a glitch between the app and the ROM itself, perhaps.

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
(My school uses 802.1xEAP. I know I set it correctly because my GNex connects fine.) ** solved

Yes I do rmb the days when I had the iPod touch 2g and I hated how things look soo boring and function so limited so modified the crap out of it through Cydia. They had pull down menu already many years ago in Cydia and apple didn't pick it up till recently lol.

Is Huawei working on 4.1 for global firmware? I hope they keep the stock lock screen and stock menu.

Can't wait for someone to release 4.1 AOSP!

By the way compiling shouldn't be too hard? There are many tutorial and program to auto compile I rmb I had a program like that few years ago...

Last edited:

12andy

Mar 12, 2011
Per this thread, it seems that we'll be getting JB officially very soon. Bit late IMO, but better late than never. :)

Bit surprised about what Telco wrote about the XL's reception though, as it's quite the contrast to what Howard found with his.

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
Battery life

Hi I just wondering if any of you on the 4.1 can compare the battery life with me. I think I read it somewhere that the 4.1 improves battery life significantly. Here are my results

4.0.4 ICS, Screen brightness on auto. On battery save mode most of the time

By the way anyone fixed the play store/ you tube issue?

Attachments

• shot_000010.jpg
    shot_000010.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 318
  • shot_000012.jpg
    shot_000012.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 277
  • shot_000014.jpg
    shot_000014.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 287

nvana

Nov 2, 2010
Vancouver
Per this thread, it seems that we'll be getting JB officially very soon. Bit late IMO, but better late than never. :)

Bit surprised about what Telco wrote about the XL's reception though, as it's quite the contrast to what Howard found with his.

About the reception i have to say i agreed! My GNex never looses signal completely (just down to no bar but still barely connected) but the ascend drops to no service. At school too I noticed I get drop signals in some areas that i didnt notice before. Maybe that have to do with the battery saving mode? I will try putting on performance mode to test it out in those areas.

The way you grip I do notice some drop in signal. Probably the architecture and location of the antenna

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

Below is a tutorial I have compiled and translated from bbs.anzhi.com on how to update your Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL (U9510E) to the latest version of Android offered by EmotionUI, Jelly Bean 4.1.2:

First of all, I want to give credit where credit is due:
    genokolar (aka G大) - Creator/Modder of the Custom Recovery for this, and many other phones coming out of China
    Ry09iu (aka R大) - Creator of a Rooted ROM based on EmotionUI B534, which is based on Android 4.1.2
    【LUV】 - The board moderator for the D1Quad section of bbs.anzhi, also who's ROM release I used for my phone, but it's upto you to choose which one you want to use

**IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR YOU TO ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH FLASHING PHONES. IN THE CHANCE THAT YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT**

**DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR FILES!!**

Now that the credits and the warning are given, let's get started:

Required Tools:
    1. Recovery 6.0.1.9: This tool will open in command prompt and will allow you to flash in the Custom Recovery created by genokolar, as well as the stock recovery released by Huawei. Mirror

2(a).Official ROMs:

i. Official EmotionUI ROM B551 (Updated January 11, 2013): Release Notes

2(b).Custom ROMs:

i. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom (Author: genokolar):
    - B534 Download

ii. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom (Author: Ry09iu):
    - B534 Download
    - B538 Download

iii. Rooted Version of EmotionUI Rom with HOLO as default Launcher (Author: Ry09iu, Modded by LUV):
    - B534 Download
    - B538 Download
    - B542 Download

iv. MIUI V4.1 - converted from MIUI V4.1 for Honor 2 (Author: Ry09iu):

3. GApps [Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (Author goo.im/gapps)]: Download

*The roms are hosted in China so the download will be slow, please be patient and your download will be done in an hour or two :)*

**PLEASE PLACE THE ROM YOU WISH TO UES INTO YOUR EXTERNAL SD CARD BEFORE CONTINUING**

Step 1: Flashing Custom Recovery
    1. Turn-on USB debugging on your phone [Settings -> Developer Settings -> USB debugging]
    2. Plug in your Phone to your computer via USB for it to install the appropriate drivers*
    3. Run recovery6.0.1.4_AscendD1Q.exe
    3.5 If your system locale is set to anything other than Chinese, you will get this:
    13537413.png

But what you should see is this:
    grecovery.png

What that means is: said:
    **-1. Flash Chinese Custom Recovery-**
    **-2. Recover Official Recovery-**
    ##-3.Reboot phone into Recovery-##
    4. Type in "1" and press Enter -> This Recovery Flasher will do what it's made to do and when it's completed, your phone will now have a custom recovery.
    5. The application will automatically close 10 seconds after the Recovery has been successfully flashed.

Note from Genokolar said:
    1. The development of this Custom Recovery was done through email with Huawei so it may be lacking certain features, a full custom recovery will be released as soon as responds him
    2. This recovery will only flash from an external SD Card, internal SD card flash is not yet supported
    3. At the time of this Custom Recovery being posted, no third-party ROM has been released, therefore it has not been tested <- No longer the case
    4.This recovery can be used to Root the EMUI ROMs released by Huawei
    5. When you need to flash back to the original ROM releases by Huawei, or receive OTA updates from Huawei, please flash back the original Recovery

*If the drivers do not install properly, please download the driver attached in this post and install it manually.

Step 2: ROM Flashing
    1. Boot your phone into the new recovery. (either by starting the application again and selecting option 3, or press and hold the Power Button with Volumn Up)
    2. You will be greeted by the Custom Recovery Screen show below:
    recoveryo.jpg

[*] Reboot system now

[*] Select zip to flash/install

[*] Wipe data

[*] Wipe cache

[*] Backup and restore

[*] Flash memory/Format

[*] Advanced setting

[*] Turn off phone
    3. Scroll to select option 3 (Wipe data), confirm the wipe
    4. Scroll to select option 4 (Wipe cache), confirm the wipe as well
    5. Scroll to select option 2 (Select zip to flash/install)
    applyupdatefromsdcard.jpg

[*] Select zip from SD Card to Flash

[*] Install /sdcard/update.zip

[*] Activate/Deactivate Signature Verification

[*] Install from external zip
    <-- Back to previous screen
    6. Scroll to and select option 4 (Install from external zip)
    7. Scroll to and select the zip file of the ROM which you have previously downloaded and placed into your external SD Card, confirm the flash
    7.5. At this point, you can either flash in the gapps right away, or flash it after rebooting into the OS. I chose to flash it after booting into the OS for the first, but I don't think it will cause any problems. I will be posting the way I did it, and if you guys did it the other way, let us know if it worked or not

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
    updaterecovery.jpg

[*] Cancel - Back
    <-- Return to previous

Step 3: Flashing GApps
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Scroll to and select option 4 (Install from external zip)
    3. Scroll to and select the zip file of GApps you have downloaded "gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip" or whatever you may have renamed it to, confirm the flash
    4. Reboot into OS
    5. *THE NOTE ABOVE STILL APPLIES, SO HERE IT IS AGAIN*
    *IMPORTANT NOTE*
    updaterecovery.jpg

[*] Cancel - Back
    <-- Return to previous

Step 4: ALL DONE!
    Congratulations, assuming everything was done properly, and everything worked out, now you will have Android 4.1.2 on your Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL.

Images not showing up in your GooglePlay Store? YouTube not working?
    Here is how our very own 12andy fixed the problem:

UPDATE: So using a clear hosts breaks the ability to connect to Facebook (via app and website). It's best to use AdAway, instead.

Nvana, it's the same process we've been using to flash the Chinese ROM(s), but with the added step of "fixing" the hosts file:
    • download SmartHosts from Goole Play (free)
    • tap on "Toggle hosts file" button
    • select "Clean hosts file"

And you're done! Rebooting wasn't necessary either, as the images started loading immediately.
    [ Custom ROM ] U9510E B611 by svikfromorel v3.0

Base - B611 official
    Model - U9510E/U9510
    ROM makers - SvikFromOrel feat. PupsikOFF

Update log
    • Root
    • Root Explorer
    • Google App
    • HwLauncher6.apk - 4х5,
    • HwMeWidget.apk - separate
    • Phone.apk - fullscreen
    • Breeze.hwt, Onion.hwt - 2 themes & some ringtones
    • Chrome and Gmail (not part of the standard gapps),
    • Titanium BackUp,
    • Bootanimation.zip - my standart boot anim.
    • Build.prop edit: mode Н+ (3,75G)
    • removed some Chinese programs
    • repack cust.img for Euro location

How to install ROM
    • download ROM and unzip on PC
    • charge more 30%
    • backup your data
    • connect phone to PC
    • run Flash_all_en.bat
    • when the process is finished and the phone reboots, hold the volume button up and the power button
    • in recovery menu choose Wipe data --> Yes then Wipe cache and Reboot

DOWNLOAD
    CWM

who wants to see the English version of CWM??
    One Russian guy has created a patch. His name is PupsikOFF.
    link on 4PDA post
    1. Copy the attached file to your SD card
    2. launch Chinese recovery
    3. Scroll to select option 2
    4. Then Scroll to select option 4
    5. Find on your SD card recovery_patch.zip
    6. That's all.
    But there is one drawback..
    After the restart, recovery will again become a Chinese.
    it's better than nothing

View attachment recovery_patch.zip
    Attention!! New ROM!!

[ Custom ROM ] Huawei U9510E P6_EMUI_2.0_for_U9510E_PupsikOFF_port

Base - P6-U00_EmotionUI_2.0_V100R001C00B030SP1
    Model - U9510E/U9510
    Port Maker - PupsikOFF
    Update Log
    - wi-fi fix
    - KingUser fix
    - replace stock browser to NextBrowser
    - add GoFlashLight app
    - long press Home (hard) button fix
    - add Google Apps, LG lockscreen
    - and more fix
    - video files play with Huawei Video player

Still not fixed
    - FM radio
    - youtube (but you can download Photon Browser from Play Market for view flash video)

How to install ROM
    - Flash this port after install official B610 or B611
    - download ROM and unzip on PC
    - charge more 30%
    - backup your data
    - connect phone to PC
    - run Sec_P6.bat
    - when the process is finished and the phone reboots, hold the volume button up and the power button
    - in recovery menu choose Wipe data --> Yes then Wipe cache and Reboot

Enjoy real EMUI 2.0.

DOWNLOAD

Screenshot_2014-02-23-18-41-02.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-04.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-11.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-36.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-44.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-42-53.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-43-57.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-44-19.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-45-04.jpegScreenshot_2014-02-23-18-46-18.jpg
    Respect from Russia​
    Alryt.. tnx..

Wow.. real emui 2.0. Im excited! :)

Sent from my HUAWEI U9510E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi guys! Yeah, I realy install a EMUI 2.0 test ROM from P6 with 4.2 Android, but find some bags... Wi-fi not work and dial up have some errors.. I will try to fix them all.