Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 40,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remove Nav Bar Permanently

Tip us?

xxsurfacexx
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockystar000 View Post
I also had the no menu button problem. I had to go back to stock nav bar till that is figured out..oh well

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD
You can customize it in button savior to make a menu button there are a ton of extras in the settings

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app

rockystar000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah i know but with out stock nav bar the menu button doesn't do anything. For instance if i set it up with a menu button on button savior but no nav bar when an app should have a menu button it wouldn't be there any more. The button savior menu button also does nothing when u click it. If the stock nav bar is their however then the button savior menu button works again and it appears in the app again

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockystar000 View Post
Yeah i know but with out stock nav bar the menu button doesn't do anything. For instance if i set it up with a menu button on button savior but no nav bar when an app should have a menu button it wouldn't be there any more. The button savior menu button also does nothing when u click it. If the stock nav bar is their however then the button savior menu button works again and it appears in the app again

I had noticed this, but not the part about the menu working with the bar there. perhaps we could mod the framework-res.apk to set the height to 0 or something then we would not need to do the qemu.hw.mainkeys=1..

cmullins135
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default About the file edit?

When I open the file and type the new line in.. It will not let me save it. Is it write protected or something? How do I get past this?

bdeatha
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thanks!

thanks alot for sharing.ill give it a try in my kindle fire hd 7" keep it up and GODBless!

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmullins135 View Post
When I open the file and type the new line in.. It will not let me save it. Is it write protected or something? How do I get past this?
What file explorer are you using? Some of the text editors dont work on this device. I believe I ended up using root browser.

evildread
Old
(Last edited by evildread; 9th January 2013 at 04:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
You're a life saver, man! Couldn't stand the huge bar Amazon thought looked good

Edit: Is there any way to make it so Button Savior automatically acquire super user privileges upon boot, without having to interact with it first?
An unimportant request, but would be pretty awesome

Sent from my KF-HD7

SerialKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 12
searched, but couldn't find it - but can anyone point me to a method for removing the amazon adds when in lockscreen mode? I can't stand it...! Lol... Thanks in advance!

SerialKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
If you use root explorer, it works perfect - just mount as R/W,and it'll let you save.

evildread
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Make sure you mount the s system folder, and make sure whatever text editor you use has super user permissions or it won't save

Sent from my KF-HD7