Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeila View Post
Button savior, I believe, has an ics theme. Maybe just on paid version though
where can i get it ?

lordmuggins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The strange thing about this app, is that you either click something or swipe somewhere to display the softkey menus.

I'd prefer if I was able to make the softkeys the entire width of the screen, and if I could swipe from the bottom, where I have my key placement.. not the side. It means I have to move my hand unnecessarily, just to get to the menu. It's a nice app, just unthought out.

Braves1995
Old
(Last edited by Braves1995; 25th February 2013 at 06:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Is there just no way to set this up to where the notification bar reaches the bottom of the screen? I've tried a couple of different methods now and when pulling the notification bar down it comes up short because it believes the navigation bar is still there. Plus, there are still menu issues for some apps, like the Amazon Store. I have the menu available in Google Play, but not Amazon Store.

Edit: I've edited the ro.sf.lcd_density=240 line to 180. I've also tried 190 and 200. This brings back the menu in Google Play(the down arrow, not the 3 dots), but not all apps. In order to bring down the full status bar, in build.prop, I added the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 following the ro.sf.lcd_density=180 line. I did notice, however, further down in the prop file there is another ro.sf.lcd_density line under "Additional Build Properties" preset to 160. Which of these density lines should be edited in order to deal with this menu button issue? And I do have a menu button added to LMT launcher, but it doesn't solve this problem entirely.
I feel like this is close to being perfect, just need another little tweak maybe?

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2647

DONATE TO ME
is there a way to get rid of the nav bar without it affecting apps that put in a 3 dot menu button in their app?
I've noticed that apps like youtube for example, have a 3 dot menu button in them ,which doesn't show up if you've removed the nag bar. The end result is, even though apps like LMT HAVE a menu button option it doesn't work.
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.

Braves1995
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman View Post
is there a way to get rid of the nav bar without it affecting apps that put in a 3 dot menu button in their app?
I've noticed that apps like youtube for example, have a 3 dot menu button in them ,which doesn't show up if you've removed the nag bar. The end result is, even though apps like LMT HAVE a menu button option it doesn't work.
I've been wondering this very same thing for two weeks now myself. Would love if somebody came up with a solution because I do enjoy not having the navbar and being able to use LMT instead. I tried lowering the dpi in build.prop, which does bring back the dot menu for a few apps, but not all. Plus, I'm not very fond of the text being any smaller.

Maromi
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves1995 View Post
I've been wondering this very same thing for two weeks now myself. Would love if somebody came up with a solution because I do enjoy not having the navbar and being able to use LMT instead. I tried lowering the dpi in build.prop, which does bring back the dot menu for a few apps, but not all. Plus, I'm not very fond of the text being any smaller.
make sure lmt is set to startup after loading

change this setting back to 0
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 to qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

open /system/app
rename SoftkeyBar.apk to SoftkeyBar.bak
reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to Maromi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Default Re: Remove Nav Bar Permanently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maromi View Post

open /system/app
reboot

Yeah but now the status bar is short....

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362389963948.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1778289  
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

Maromi
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
Yeah but now the status bar is short....

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium
so? its too big anyway

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2647

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Remove Nav Bar Permanently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maromi View Post

open /system/app
reboot

Perfect thanks. Only side effect seems to be empty space below or to the side of the keyboard depending on orientation
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.

ursus101
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves1995 View Post
Edit: I've edited the ro.sf.lcd_density=240 line to 180. I've also tried 190 and 200. This brings back the menu in Google Play(the down arrow, not the 3 dots), but not all apps. In order to bring down the full status bar, in build.prop, I added the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 following the ro.sf.lcd_density=180 line. I did notice, however, further down in the prop file there is another ro.sf.lcd_density line under "Additional Build Properties" preset to 160. Which of these density lines should be edited in order to deal with this menu button issue?
What does the ro.sf.lcd_density option control in general?