[DISCUSSION][DEV] USB OTG Support

Search This thread

galaxyfreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 10, 2012
Split
THIS IS A DEV THREAD! ALL NEWBISH QUESTION WILL BE IGNORED!

Can someone mod our kernel (any, ics/jb) to support USB On to Go.? It allows us to connect external devices as hdd, or mouse to our Pico.

Its easy to make DIY OTG cable, but we need host drivers (something like this - tnx ourico)

Last edited:

ourico4

May 25, 2012
Porto
So, I build a otg cable with external power suply to my tablet and it works great. Now whats left is implement the s3c host drivers in our pico kernel!!

Something like this they did in this thread do galaxy:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21503413

Input this driver or variant and kernel changes!! Is it possible, must be easy to the most avanced here in group!!

We only need kernel support cause external power to usb stick is easy! Can we add this s3c host drivers??

Advantages:

Plug and usb drive to our explorer and it be mounted. Many possilbility:
-more gb to videos, images,songs, share files with friends
-symlink to heavy games
-moaaare xD

#define

May 1, 2012
Doesnt the kernel 3.x that people are trying to port have otg support??

#define

May 1, 2012
No one works on it. Lirokoa is busy with real life. sakindia123 gave pico to his cousin. Only hope is Adi_Pat, recognized developer. If he find <5000INR secondhand pico he will buy it.

Afaik, they've been able to boot it successfully.. adi pat, cute prince, sakindia, lirokoa, flowish, lot of ppl were working on it... i dnt know of the current situation...

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

galaxyfreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 10, 2012
Split
Afaik, they've been able to boot it successfully.. adi pat, cute prince, sakindia, lirokoa, flowish, lot of ppl were working on it... i dnt know of the current situation...

cute_prince isnt very active
lirokoa just said its interesting project
flowish?
sakindia doesnt have pico
adi_pat said he will make it if he find pico <5000INR, he have and UART to framebuffer console log...

sakindia123

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Noida
So, I build a otg cable with external power suply to my tablet and it works great. Now whats left is implement the s3c host drivers in our pico kernel!!

Input this driver or variant and kernel changes!! Is it possible, must be easy to the most avanced here in group!!

We only need kernel support cause external power to usb stick is easy! Can we add this s3c host drivers??

Advantages:

-symlink to heavy games
-moaaare xD
S3c?That's for only exynos3/4 boards..wont do squat on our msm boards.

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN
Umm means the otg support is already there for all the kernel?:confused: imma wrong?

So whats the further work ..we have to work on?:rolleyes:

Powered text through Explode^1

May be we don't have the cable to connect to the board of the explorer
Or the board doesn't support external drives?
I think that's what sakindia meant..

@sakindia
So,is it possible or not?

Reactions: Rishik999

Rishik999

Aug 12, 2012
Any one working on it ?:confused::sly:
A request to all developers to take a look at it ..it would be great development for our lil pico isn't it?:what:

Powered text through Explode^1

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN
Unofficially dead:mad:
May be if we get Linux 3 kernel support(cute prince works on it),however, if hardware doesn't support it, there is no point:eek:

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN
Ok.. cute prince has finally made a fully working 3.x kernel... does this mean we can have otg support?
Only Time Will Tell

cm9b11/mcm9b3 htc a310e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Bootloader support is required for USB OTG to work.. Since our phone doesnt support OTG natively, probably HTC has not implemented it in our bootloader in which case like sakindia said we may not get USB OTG to work with Pico. But we MAY get USB HOST to work with Pico :) . Keep in mind USB OTG and USB HOST are different technologies .. For connecting external devices like mouse, keyboard, pen drive etc USB HOST support is enough :)

Now the most interesting thing is, while I was porting our board file for kernel 3.x I found HTC has already included the stub for USB HOST support..Its just the implementation is missing ( I believe I can do that ).. However, even if we could get USB HOST to work we should power the external device with some adapter

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
    Heyy.. Check this out.. I was compiling a GB kernel, look at the otg drivers being compiled...

Advantages:

-symlink to heavy games
    -moaaare xD
    Do it if you have time :D

When cute_prince says I can do it, I bet he'll do it.. I still remember when cute_prince on kernel 3.x said "this project is not dead. I'm still working on it"-legendary words :rolleyes:

cm9b11 htc a310e
    THIS IS A DEV THREAD! ALL NEWBISH QUESTION WILL BE IGNORED!

Can someone mod our kernel (any, ics/jb) to support USB On to Go.? It allows us to connect external devices as hdd, or mouse to our Pico.

Its easy to make DIY OTG cable, but we need host drivers (something like this - tnx ourico)