Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] aeGis v2.1.2.1

Tip us?

Decad3nce
Old
(Last edited by Decad3nce; 18th August 2013 at 08:27 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,768

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] aeGis v2.1.2.1

Hi,

I really dislike some security apps forcing all kinds of things(virus scanner) into an application which I only want to use to remotely control my phone. So I wrote aeGis.

aeGis allows most of the functionality you'll see with Lookout or Cerebrus, but handles it locally on your phone via SMS with no data connection being required to complete any of the actions.

If your phone ever goes missing or is stolen, simply text the passphrase you chose to your device to activate any of the four options. aeGis will alert you if the action has been successfully completed.

Features:
- Ability to remotely lock your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely enable sound on your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely locate your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely wipe your device via SMS
- Ability to lock application with a password
- Ability to launch application from Dialer(so you can hide it from your app tray)
- Ability to backup call logs/sms logs to either Google Drive or Dropbox
- Ability to silently trigger actions

Support
Supports android device > API 14(Ice Cream Sandwhich)

Source can be found:
http://github.com/Decad3nce/Aegis

Install:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ecad3nce.aegis

Donate Version(Identical to free version):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ce.aegisdonate

Please list comments/questions and hopefully, contributions.
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to Decad3nce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drraptor
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Gmail SMS appending issue . I'm locked out . I set a number as pin in aeGis, but this is asking for a word. I did try default password "aeGis" but it isn't working either. pull the xml file and password "1234" just what I set. but this isn't working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-10 18.59.04.jpg
Views:	5203
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1551959  
Press Thanks if I was helpful

[List][Guide] Official Samsung JellyBean Leak guides, Roms and Kernels

[Tutorial][Guide]Tips & Tweaks which Don't require Root

Push Samsung to release Exynos Source Code!

If you get your dropbox from here we both will win extra 500mb of storage. To utilize it please do Install the dropbox client on your device.

Got a dropbox? How about a lifetime free VPS (Private Server)!
The Following User Says Thank You to drraptor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Decad3nce
Old
Thanks Meter 2,768

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drraptor View Post
Gmail SMS appending issue . I'm locked out . I set a number as pin in aeGis, but this is asking for a word. I did try default password "aeGis" but it isn't working either. pull the xml file and password "1234" just what I set. but this isn't working.
1234 isn't working?
The Following User Says Thank You to Decad3nce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Decad3nce
Old
Thanks Meter 2,768

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drraptor View Post
So looking at your issue a bit further. Gmail SMS appends: " - youremail@gmail.com"

So your password would be: "passcode - youremail@gmail.com"

Anyways, I fixed the issue in v1.2.3 with this commit: https://github.com/Decad3nce/Aegis/c...e79c2cb7edd7ec

Code:
     password = password.replaceAll("([^.@\\s]+)(\\.[^.@\\s]+)*@([^.@\\s]+\\.)+([^.@\\s]+)", "")
                                            .replaceAll("-+","")
                                            .trim();
Good regex saves lives.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Decad3nce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drraptor
Old
(Last edited by drraptor; 11th December 2012 at 10:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decad3nce View Post
1234 isn't working?
Thanks. I give it a try today.If it had been a pin, the keyboard could have been dial pad. Had to wipe for the 3rd time.

so In this case it should be "1234youremail@gmail.com". And youremail should be replaced with my email add. Well it is isn't working either. I'm using ver. 1.2.3.

So anyother wipe ?
Press Thanks if I was helpful

[List][Guide] Official Samsung JellyBean Leak guides, Roms and Kernels

[Tutorial][Guide]Tips & Tweaks which Don't require Root

Push Samsung to release Exynos Source Code!

If you get your dropbox from here we both will win extra 500mb of storage. To utilize it please do Install the dropbox client on your device.

Got a dropbox? How about a lifetime free VPS (Private Server)!

zzelinka
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Any way to add the option to disable persistent notification?

T-Mo'd S3

Decad3nce
Old
Thanks Meter 2,768

DONATE TO ME
Already is disabled in new updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Decad3nce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lotherius
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Is there any reason other than lack of using backward compatible API options that this doesn't work on pre ICS devices?

Despite what you may think, there are a lot of not so old devices that do not have working/reliable ICS, such as the G2X. Limiting an app to ICS at this stage is rather..... annoying.

QuizUp

Device Details:

PHONE: Nexus 5 - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 1: 2013 Nexus 7 LTE - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 2: 2012 Nexus 7 - Stock / Xposed / F2FS
PREVIOUS PHONES: Nexus 4 / LG G2X / Vibrant 3G / MyTouch 3G / LG Xenon / HTC G1 / HTC Touch Vogue / Sanyo KATANA / Motorola V220 / Nokia 5160 / Tin Can
PREVIOUS TABLET: HP TouchPad CM10.x
COMPUTER: Self-Built - Core i5 4670, 8GB DDR3, 240gb M500 SSD, OMFG Terabytes (7 TB last count), stuffed in a 2008 Dell XPS 730 case with a 27" AOC Monitor.
Google Plus

Decad3nce
Old
Thanks Meter 2,768

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotherius View Post
Is there any reason other than lack of using backward compatible API options that this doesn't work on pre ICS devices?

Despite what you may think, there are a lot of not so old devices that do not have working/reliable ICS, such as the G2X. Limiting an app to ICS at this stage is rather..... annoying.
I'm not sure that I thought anything; but, ok.

I was planning on adding backwards compat, but I wanted to keep the same theme. I'm still learning as I go, I'm sorry you find that annoying.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Decad3nce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lotherius
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decad3nce View Post
I'm not sure that I thought anything; but, ok.

I was planning on adding backwards compat, but I wanted to keep the same theme. I'm still learning as I go, I'm sorry you find that annoying.
Understandable.... from what I've been playing around with in Eclipse, you can specify a different theme for older API levels. Might be something to look at if the theme is the only limitation

QuizUp

Device Details:

PHONE: Nexus 5 - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 1: 2013 Nexus 7 LTE - Stock / Xposed
TABLET 2: 2012 Nexus 7 - Stock / Xposed / F2FS
PREVIOUS PHONES: Nexus 4 / LG G2X / Vibrant 3G / MyTouch 3G / LG Xenon / HTC G1 / HTC Touch Vogue / Sanyo KATANA / Motorola V220 / Nokia 5160 / Tin Can
PREVIOUS TABLET: HP TouchPad CM10.x
COMPUTER: Self-Built - Core i5 4670, 8GB DDR3, 240gb M500 SSD, OMFG Terabytes (7 TB last count), stuffed in a 2008 Dell XPS 730 case with a 27" AOC Monitor.
Google Plus

Tags
aegis, decad3nce