I really dislike some security apps forcing all kinds of things(virus scanner) into an application which I only want to use to remotely control my phone. So I wrote aeGis.
aeGis allows most of the functionality you'll see with Lookout or Cerebrus, but handles it locally on your phone via SMS with no data connection being required to complete any of the actions.
If your phone ever goes missing or is stolen, simply text the passphrase you chose to your device to activate any of the four options. aeGis will alert you if the action has been successfully completed.
- Ability to remotely lock your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely enable sound on your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely locate your device via SMS
- Ability to remotely wipe your device via SMS
- Ability to lock application with a password
- Ability to launch application from Dialer(so you can hide it from your app tray)
- Ability to backup call logs/sms logs to either Google Drive or Dropbox
- Ability to silently trigger actions
Supports android device > API 14(Ice Cream Sandwhich)
Source can be found:
Donate Version(Identical to free version):
Please list comments/questions and hopefully, contributions.