Post Reply

[OFFICIAL] questions and answers for Microsoft surface

OP -Falco

9th December 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
-Falco's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 340
 
1,122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Ask questions for the Microsoft surface and only the Microsoft surface go here. They can range from hardware to software questions. Please try not to repeat questions. And please answer them in a nice way. Don't put people down because they don't know how to create a folder or something simple. and DON'T SAY GOOGLE IT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung galaxy s2
Rom: Jedi knight 6
kernel: Jedi kernel 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by -Falco; 12th December 2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: adding to make better
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Falco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2012, 08:34 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
global questions from germany
software
1. why does imap in the windows rt mail app works not correct, i think there must be a restriction for sync of max directorys, so the app is not usable, i missing many directorys from my german 1and1 mail hoster (the same on desktop pc win8 pro)?
2. why does the surface rt go offline on 5% battery, shutting down os and no oppinion to start the tablet with the less power?
3. why i cannot deinstall apps from windows rt app store?
4. how i can global disable live titles?
5. very great powershell v3, but i missing "powershell ise", will it be available in future?
6. how i can switch my language from my default osd-keyboard between writing this words (from german to english), i found no key on osd for this?
7. how i can change to different skydrive-accounts in metro-app (the mapped 7gb ist wrong, based on @outlook-com), becouse i have a another old account with 25gb, based on @web.de)
8. does in future coming a fix which enable automatic osd-keyboard in desktop-mode?

hardware
1. when will be the fifth cpu kernel available from the tegra3 for less processes like reading ebooks or surfing the web?
2. when will the stuttering problems on many games will be fixed (like jetpack joyride, baller etc.)
Last edited by everal; 12th December 2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: add software nr. 8
10th December 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
1. Is there any way to run streaming audio (Google Play, or Pandora) in the background? Only way I have gotten it to work is to use small split screen window.
2. Is there a way to customize the snap setting on the size of multi task windows? We should be able to make open app window whatever size we want.
12th December 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Is there a hack that would allow us to snap two programs side by side 50/50?
12th December 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
1.any usb-serial adapter that will work with the surface Rt?
2. Any usb data modem / stick that works with the surface ?
12th December 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everal

software
1. why does imap in the windows rt mail app works not correct, i think there must be a restriction for sync of max directorys, so the app is not usable, i missing many directorys from my german 1and1 mail hoster (the same on desktop pc win8 pro)?
2. why does the surface rt go offline on 5% battery, shutting down os and no oppinion to start the tablet with the less power?
3. why i cannot deinstall apps from windows rt app store?
4. how i can global disable live titles?
5. very great powershell v3, but i missing "powershell ise", will it be available in future?
6. how i can switch my language from my default osd-keyboard between writing this words (from german to english), i found no key on osd for this?
7. how i can change to different skydrive-accounts in metro-app (the mapped 7gb ist wrong, based on @outlook-com), becouse i have a another old account with 25gb, based on @web.de)
8. does in future coming a fix which enable automatic osd-keyboard in desktop-mode?

1) do you have the correct imap prefix set? How many folders do you have?
2) probably because deep cycling the battery under 5% reduces overall battery life
3) you can't? http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-s...-deleting-apps
4) http://superuser.com/questions/49690...s-in-windows-8
5) possibly never, but I agree that would be awesome
6) don't understand - keyboard should use your global language setting
7) you could always share your bigger skydrive's account with your smaller skydrive account - that should make the space accessable from the smaller account. Do that in the skydrive web interface.
8) ?
14th December 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Redlands, CA
Thanks Meter: 37
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant

Is there a hack that would allow us to snap two programs side by side 50/50?

I don't think that would work well with app resolution issues. However, it may be possible to do something like this. If you want to do research or something with ie, etc. Just go to the desktop. Snap still works. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1561588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (66).jpg
Views:	1360
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1561591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (65).jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1561592  
14th December 2012, 02:03 AM   |  #8  
-Falco's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 340
 
1,122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant

Is there a hack that would allow us to snap two programs side by side 50/50?

Take the two apps that are loaded on the desktop and drag one to far top left, and drag one to far top right. Then the two will be side by side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung galaxy s2
Rom: Jedi knight 6
kernel: Jedi kernel 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14th December 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #9  
lilstevie's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,032
 
1,332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everal

1. when will be the fifth cpu kernel available from the tegra3 for less processes like reading ebooks or surfing the web?

This is already happening, it is entirely transparent to the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everal

2. when will the stuttering problems on many games will be fixed (like jetpack joyride, baller etc.)

This will probably depend on the game devs. Games like jetpack joyride stutter and lag on my i5-2310 desktop computer when using touchscreen inputs.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj

1) do you have the correct imap prefix set? How many folders do you have?
2) probably because deep cycling the battery under 5% reduces overall battery life
3) you can't? http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-s...-deleting-apps
4) http://superuser.com/questions/49690...s-in-windows-8
5) possibly never, but I agree that would be awesome
6) don't understand - keyboard should use your global language setting
7) you could always share your bigger skydrive's account with your smaller skydrive account - that should make the space accessable from the smaller account. Do that in the skydrive web interface.
8) ?

1.) where i can set, here my infos to the imap-syncing issue...
(i think there must be a restriction to the count of directorys, becouse new emails in the exist directorys are synct correct.
i have only a overall of 20 root-directory and a 222 down-under-directorys
i missing a count of 14 root-directorys with 71 down-under-directorys
2.) ok thanks, so how i can configure a first warning at 10 percent and the second at may be on 6 percent?
3.) i know, but i miss a deinstall-routine direct from the app-store, not from the metro-ui
4.) thanks that is new for me, i must play with local group policy...
5.) i hope to
6.) the problem is i'am a german user with a german os, but offen i write english text in different forums, so the dictionary is not automaticly set to "english", very very bad for the typing process...
7.) how does it work, how does i share my bigger account to my smaller account?
at the moment i mapp my bigger account through the windows explorer with the following path: https://d.docs.live.net/xxx
8.) i mean when i start in desktop mode the cmd and i would typing no osd-keyboard will be enabled automaticly, i must push the icon in the tray-list to start the osd-keyboard

1. when will be the fifth cpu kernel available from the tegra3 for less processes like reading ebooks or surfing the web?
This is already happening, it is entirely transparent to the user.

- i don't think that is possible today, becouse the main cpu tact is reduced to 1,3 ghz instead of 1,7 ghz becouse the companion core with 500mhz is not usable, so they reducing the main cores to reach a good battery lifetime

--------------------------------------

2. when will the stuttering problems on many games will be fixed (like jetpack joyride, baller etc.)
This will probably depend on the game devs. Games like jetpack joyride stutter and lag on my i5-2310 desktop computer when using touchscreen inputs.

- ok thanks so i can only hope that the devs will soon fix this big problem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes