Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL] questions and answers for Microsoft surface

Tip us?

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1020

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by everal View Post
- i don't think that is possible today, becouse the main cpu tact is reduced to 1,3 ghz instead of 1,7 ghz becouse the companion core with 500mhz is not usable, so they reducing the main cores to reach a good battery lifetime
Thinking and knowing are 2 different things, Not all Tegra3 SoCs are clocked to 1.7GHz 1.3 or 1.4GHz top clock is quite standard.

Laban
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Got my Surface yesterday and installed all the updates and restarted it a few times, battery lasted without any problems. Last evening it was about 50% and then this morning it was turned off and I notices that the battery was completely drained over night. Something must be wrong I guess?

C-Lang
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by everal View Post
1.) where i can set, here my infos to the imap-syncing issue...
(i think there must be a restriction to the count of directorys, becouse new emails in the exist directorys are synct correct.
i have only a overall of 20 root-directory and a 222 down-under-directorys
i missing a count of 14 root-directorys with 71 down-under-directorys
2.) ok thanks, so how i can configure a first warning at 10 percent and the second at may be on 6 percent?
3.) i know, but i miss a deinstall-routine direct from the app-store, not from the metro-ui
4.) thanks that is new for me, i must play with local group policy...
5.) i hope to
6.) the problem is i'am a german user with a german os, but offen i write english text in different forums, so the dictionary is not automaticly set to "english", very very bad for the typing process...
7.) how does it work, how does i share my bigger account to my smaller account?
at the moment i mapp my bigger account through the windows explorer with the following path: https://d.docs.live.net/xxx
8.) i mean when i start in desktop mode the cmd and i would typing no osd-keyboard will be enabled automaticly, i must push the icon in the tray-list to start the osd-keyboard

1. when will be the fifth cpu kernel available from the tegra3 for less processes like reading ebooks or surfing the web?
This is already happening, it is entirely transparent to the user.

- i don't think that is possible today, becouse the main cpu tact is reduced to 1,3 ghz instead of 1,7 ghz becouse the companion core with 500mhz is not usable, so they reducing the main cores to reach a good battery lifetime

--------------------------------------

2. when will the stuttering problems on many games will be fixed (like jetpack joyride, baller etc.)
This will probably depend on the game devs. Games like jetpack joyride stutter and lag on my i5-2310 desktop computer when using touchscreen inputs.

- ok thanks so i can only hope that the devs will soon fix this big problem
So... to trigger the warning sooner or change auto shut-down:

1. Search battery, tap "Settings" on the searchbar.
2. Tap "change battery Settings"
3. In the following screen, tap "Change plan settings", then "change advanced power settings"
4. In that window, tap the "Battery" option
5. There are options that say "Low battery level" and "Critical battery level" you can change low battery level to change when the notification shows, and critical battery level to change the auto shut-down. I only turned critical to 4% to avoid doing a "dirty" shut-down, so as not to damage the system.

If I helped, please hit thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to C-Lang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgibo1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Is there a way to get movie\tv info to show on your own videos in video app?

I like having the info with purchased movies and tv shows in the xbox video app. Does anyone have any tips to get your own ripped videos to display information in the video app? Or a different app that can do it? I use xbmc on my htpc which would work great but all they have in the app store is the xbmc remote.

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Will I be able to connect my Samsung Note 2 to this directly and be able to read/transfer music and mp4 movies?

C-Lang
Old
(Last edited by C-Lang; 21st December 2012 at 03:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
Will I be able to connect my Samsung Note 2 to this directly and be able to read/transfer music and mp4 movies?
Most definitely. Just put it the Note 2 in "mass storage" mode. It'll show up like a flash drive does. Copy 'em over and u r done.

seal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Can you use a pen stylus on Surface RT

Hey all,

I have searched the internet and correct me if I am wrong that Surface Pro comes with stylus.... But I really want the surface RT because of the thinner design and the longer battery life compared to Surface Pro but I really wanted to use a stylus so I can write notes on the screen in meetings. I was thinking of the Samsung ATIV as it has SNote and stylus included and has full windows 8 but there is something about the Surface.

Has anyone used a stylus and not one of the filthy fat things you use on an ipad, the actual one that look like a pen with a small nib.

Thanks
HTC Touch HD is the best phone I have owned buy far, its not perfect, but it goes pretty close and a thank you goes out to this forum and all the great people on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to seal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

C-Lang
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I have, and they are ok, but you have to keep your hand up, which you wouldn't have to on the surface pro.

seal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
This is really disapointing, so is it only the Surface Pro that see the tip of the pen and cuts out other touch on the screen?

Might have to get the Samsung ATIV instead but I love the Surface RT.
HTC Touch HD is the best phone I have owned buy far, its not perfect, but it goes pretty close and a thank you goes out to this forum and all the great people on it.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Surface RT has only a capacitive touchscreen. It doesn't have a stylus digitizer at all. The only kind of stylus that will work with it is one that mimics the capacitive characteristics of a finger, and if your hand is on or near the screen at the same time it has no way of telling that you're using a stylus vs. making a multi-touch gesture.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.