Another root method
For those of you who like to carry your root solution on your phone with you, giantpune has adapted his "Poot" rooting solution from the LG Optimus Elite to the Huawei Ascend 866c Straight Talk phone, and this poot-debug.apk works on our LG38C (Optimus Dynamic) as well (even though the screen is wonky due to the resolution issues with our 240x320 screen).
For the .apk, please go to http://androidforums.com/ascend-y-al...ml#post5418113
(and donate to giantpune at his link, if his solution helped you).
For directions on how to use giantpune's Poot method, there are lots of guides out there on how to use Poot, but I summarize briefly below (and I mean BRIEFLY):
1. Install poot-debug.apk (make sure Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources is checked on; also, may want to make sure that you have Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging checked on too)
2. Install Ministro II (from Google Play market; there are links out there for those who don't have market access).
3. Open Poot on your phone. The GUI will look wonky because of our phone's weird, small screen resolution. Allow Poot to download its required libraries.
4. When Poot has downloaded its libraries, click on the button (only left half of button will show due to screen resolution) that says "Poot"
5. Close out of program. Reboot phone.
If you want to check on root, you can use Poot's built-in rootchecker, or you can download rootchecker from Play Market.
First thing you will want to do after rooting phone is download Superuser (from Google Play Market), and update the su binary (under the "Info" menu). Once that is done, you are updated and good to go.
If you want to use SuperSU instead of Superuser as your su managing GUI, then do all steps above, THEN download SuperSU (from Google Play Market), then run SuperSU and allow SuperSU to update the su binary when it asks, then close out of SuperSU and uninstall Superuser (to avoid any conflict between su managing GUIs).
If the above helped, then please do NOT thank me, but please consider thanking and/or donating to giantpune at the link above; without his hard work, this solution would not have been possible.
Oh, and though I haven't tried it, I am pretty sure that the above method would also work on the LG Logic (L35) Straight Talk phone. If anyone can use and report, that would be great.
EDIT: Tried it on a friend's LG Logic, and it works on that phone too. Yay!