Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM][OFFICIAL]Team-Venum Wicked Sensations v2.5 SGH-i747 (AT&T) Ported from Sprint

OP kalisjr

10th December 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 5

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzlewizzle

bleh...i didnt realize there was a settings button on the app itself... I meant click the menu button at the lower left corner of your phone (opposite of the back button) and it should open a diferent menu with the install openrecoveryscript shown.

Edit: hmmm since i havent flashed this yet, thats about as far as i can help. Besides checking if it was a bad download, you're gonna have to wait till someone who had a sucessful flash or OP chimes in.

Heh, it didn't occur to me to select Menu and then the option because the Settings button was clearly visible... Oh well...

openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-d2att.img is the recovery that I installed. It is the latest for the phone, but 2.3.2.0 is the latest out there.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Update: Reflashed CWMTouch to the phone, and was again able to successfully flash this ROM. I still get the same issue though with both Wireless and Time errors.
10th December 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 903

1,833 posts
OK guys so far, when booted WiFi was broken but flashing KT kernel fixed it for me. Time was off and didn't wanna change when set to auto but after flashing the kernel and rebooted time was correct. Overall its a bit laggy, not as smooth as it should be. The Kuban updater is sick but when I tried to flash one of the battery mods I got an error in cwm(couldn't read SD card). The theming throughout the phone is amazing but got this error on the dialer. My feedback for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355166051658.jpg
Views:	934
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1552631  
Last edited by LuRock; 10th December 2012 at 09:30 PM.
10th December 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 56

628 posts
Thank you
Thanks for the port, can't wait to give it a run tonight.
10th December 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #24  
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,781

2,974 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuRock

OK guys so far, when booted WiFi was broken but flashing KT kernel fixed it for me. Time was off and didn't wanna change when set to auto but after flashing the kernel and rebooted time was correct. Overall its a bit laggy, not as smooth as it should be. The Kuban updater is seek but when I tried to flash one of the battery mods I got an error in cwm(couldn't read SD card). The theming throughout the phone is amazing but got this error on the dialer. My feedback for now

Says in OP If u want to use kuban updater you have to flash ROM with TWRP. I flashed TWRP this morning before work did the usual wipes then flashed Wicked but after a few seconds it just aborted.
So I'm running into the same problems others are. Gonna mess with again when I get home.
The Following User Says Thank You to caspersfi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #25  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 24

80 posts
More
No Game for me... It just does not install... Tried several times (TWRP recovery) it does not take but 2 seconds and says successful. After reboot stayed at my previous ROM the difference was that I had to reset everything due to the wipe I did of all the partitions... (I did not wiped system partition on my last attempt since previous attempts with system wipe did not take me any further than Samsung SIII screen)

Tell me if i am doing anything wrong. I just don't want to change recovery and try with other recovery not knowing if this ROM has something incredibly better to offer. SORRY...
10th December 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 5

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_wisc

No Game for me... It just does not install... Tried several times (TWRP recovery) it does not take but 2 seconds and says successful. After reboot stayed at my previous ROM the difference was that I had to reset everything due to the wipe I did of all the partitions... (I did not wiped system partition on my last attempt since previous attempts with system wipe did not take me any further than Samsung SIII screen)

Tell me if i am doing anything wrong. I just don't want to change recovery and try with other recovery not knowing if this ROM has something incredibly better to offer. SORRY...

I flashed the Sprint version of this ROM to my fiancee's S3 last night, and it is amazing. It is skinned very well, and looks fantastic. Functionality is great, and my fiancee, notably NOT tech-savvy has no issues using her brand new S3.

I'm looking forward to this one working on AT&T.
10th December 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #27  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 254

304 posts
That was my experience exactly. Can't wait for the fix. Because this Rom looks awesome. Good luck guys

10th December 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 54

736 posts
It wouldnt flash for me under TWRP as that is my default recovery. I decided temporarily to get cwmtouch as my recovery and it took a while to install unlike in TWRP where it flashed and said successful in less than 2 seconds. Hope you can fix this so many others dont have to go through going to cwm then back to twrp. thanks for the rom btw!!! Its up and running now and soon back to twrp i go!

btw do u have the default kernel that comes with the rom as i came across wifi not running and have to flash ktoonez and wanna go back to stock after
10th December 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #29  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 127

528 posts
More
Great Rom but suffering from some crazy lag. Typing, Gaming. But must say one of the best looking rom so far. Once the lag bug is fixed up this will be a daily driver for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
10th December 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #30  
Philly, PA
Thanks Meter: 165

991 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmaster

btw do u have the default kernel that comes with the rom as i came across wifi not running and have to flash ktoonez and wanna go back to stock after

For me, the Ktoonez kernel made this ROM laggy, but WiFi finally worked. A trade-off at this point. Do you think flashing Ktoonez then stock kernel will keep WiFi alive?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wicked sensations att i747 d2att
Previous Thread Next Thread