Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

March of the Droids - UK Android get together

Tip us?

UbuntuBhoy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default March of the Droids - UK Android get together

Hi folks.

We are organising a little Android get together in the UK in March of next year. The event is aimed squarely at Android users, and we 'think' it's the only event of it's kind in the UK. It won't be anywhere near as big and fantastic as the Big Android BBQ state side, but we hope it will at least be as much fun.

We have folk coming from the Three UK media team, Tom Mleko the big cheese from Hyperbees, Tha Phlash the incredible icon designer is coming over from Canada, and HTC have stated they will get involved in some form.

The event will take place on Saturday 9th of March at the MadLab in Manchester running from mid-day to 5-6 O'clock with some snacks and drinks. Although we will be having speakers, and possibly workshop/Q & A sessions, the main focus is getting to know the wider Android community. A large number of Android blogging sites have all given their supprt, as have Clove Technology. With a little luck we will have some goodies to give away on the day as well.

If you are interested you can find out more on the website http://www.marchofthedroids.co.uk/, or comment here and I will try and answer any questions you might have.

Even better is if you can offer support/sponsorship in way as every little help is greatly appreciated.
HTC Hero - CM7 nightlies
HTC HD2 - HyperDroid - CLK
G2x - CM9
Galaxy S2 - Jelly Bam
One X - Carbon
One - Android Revolution
Desire 816 - stock!!!

Crappy Tab - XTeam 4.1.1
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android
TF201 - Still Searching
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UbuntuBhoy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zacthespack
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,750

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuBhoy View Post
Hi folks.

We are organising a little Android get together in the UK in March of next year. The event is aimed squarely at Android users, and we 'think' it's the only event of it's kind in the UK. It won't be anywhere near as big and fantastic as the Big Android BBQ state side, but we hope it will at least be as much fun.

We have folk coming from the Three UK media team, Tom Mleko the big cheese from Hyperbees, Tha Phlash the incredible icon designer is coming over from Canada, and HTC have stated they will get involved in some form.

The event will take place on Saturday 9th of March at the MadLab in Manchester running from mid-day to 5-6 O'clock with some snacks and drinks. Although we will be having speakers, and possibly workshop/Q & A sessions, the main focus is getting to know the wider Android community. A large number of Android blogging sites have all given their supprt, as have Clove Technology. With a little luck we will have some goodies to give away on the day as well.

If you are interested you can find out more on the website http://www.marchofthedroids.co.uk/, or comment here and I will try and answer any questions you might have.

Even better is if you can offer support/sponsorship in way as every little help is greatly appreciated.
I would possible be interested in running a workshop/talk/Q&A on my projects, and I work for a couple of company's that could be interested in having me show case there software, all open source of cause
Maybe hit me up with a PM if its the kind of thing you are looking for

Code:
question = 2*b || !(2*b)
"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Code:
class Luke extends Jedi {
    function checkFather($father) {
        if ($father-]name == 'Darth Vader')
            die('NOOOOO!!');
    }
}

Proz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Nice! I've no doubt it'll be a great success, wish I could be there. Good luck man!
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300)

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 692

DONATE TO ME
Im interested in going i have looked at the website and it looks good, but i was wondering if you guys will be having an entrance fee ect? and will we need to book in advance?

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....