TABLET UI: Finally possible for TW!

Search This thread

nanomet

Feb 16, 2009

chipwizz

Oct 10, 2008
Pune
wizzdome.wordpress.com
Thanks Mate...no problem now we not need to show it....we solved our issues WE GOT IT FINALLY FULL PERFECTLY TABLET MODE. We share this new with you soon.
I guess, he does not need anymore as he posted another clip he did himself in his rom thread, it is good that he [or his team] managed to get the mod done as per the clip
our incredible xperiacle and others keep working to clear the bugs, all the goodies will come, hopefully soon :highfive:
Cool !!!
Congratulations RevengeDevTeam. You deserve it. Hope to see your tablet ROM very soon.
regards

Last edited:
Reactions: GigilinE

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
That is COOL Man! :) Now if your intention in coming to this thread is to show off, please...that is not what we're here for. On the other hand, if your intention in coming here is to share and be part of the XDA Sharing and Learning community, that is cool with me. I have nothing against you. I respect you and your team as I respect every member of xda. I joined xda 2 months ago to learn and share and have fun in the process. My goal is to create the best personal rom for my note. Even if samsung will one day stop giving updates to my n7000, and I know that day will come, I could gladly say "It doesn't have to, because it already has the perfect rom it can die with".

In fact, in the spirit of sharing, let me offer you my help (not financially, don't have much money otherwise I already have note2 or the latest phones).

Your Tablet UI works at 160 dpi. You said so yourself in one string inside your dpiswitch.apk file that was included in your ROM and I quote "In general, 200 is the best compromise between a screen that contains more elements and a screen that is still readable. ". My Tablet UI works at 160 dpi like yours but what good is tablet UI if not "readable" and "usable" so I made it work at 213 dpi (higher is possible but for me 213 is the sweet spot). I can give you the patch so your Tablet UI can work at 213 dpi, and still switch to phablet or phone ui if you want to. Isn't that cool?

Now, you and I know, the flashbar and the traybar doesn't work together well. I know that because I have been using it for several weeks now. It's either one or the other. If you want FULL TABLET MODE, get rid of the flashbar because it only support dual layout while TABLET MODE support many layouts. Now, if you want unlimited apps in the traybar, I made the same mod for the Note 10.1 (you can see my mods there in the Note 10.1 forum). A good friend of mine even made an app that controls what apps you want for multiwindows (specifically for n7000) just like legendk95 did in the note2 forum.

Now, if your real intention in coming here is sharing, then wouldn't it be better if you share and we as a community can fix what remaining bugs there are? I myself is not so keen on tablet ui. I just took it as a challenge to see if it is "doable" as Sean Connery would say. I like phablet UI (I think google agrees with their Nexus 10). Let us not waste our time fussing about screenshots/videos or whatever. We all benefit by sharing (except wives/girlfriends/boyfriends). :) Now if money is the issue, well, that is an entirely a different matter, Sir. Now, what do you suggest we do? Flashaholics are waiting for their "fix". Might as well setup a new community - FA (Flashaholic Anonymous). Hehehe. :laugh:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <string name="hello" />
    <string name="app_name">Revenge Dev Team</string>
    <string name="btChange">Change density</string>
    <string name="settings_title" />
    <string name="help_title" />
    <string name="help_whatitdoes"><b>What it does</b> With this app one can change the so called LCD Density value. Changing this value will generate the effect of changing the resolution on a PC screen. A <i>lower</i> value corresponds with a <i>higher</i>" resolution! "</string>
    <string name="help_whatvalues"><b>What values</b>" The Android documentation lists 3 values 120, 160 and 240. A device like the Samsung Galaxy S works with the value 240. To get a high resolution effect for this device one can try values like 160, 180, 200, 220. [COLOR="Red"]In general, 200 is the best compromise between a screen that contains more elements and a screen that is still readable. "[/COLOR]</string>
    <string name="prerequesites"><b>Prerequisites and some notes</b> The app only works when one is rooted and has the usual tools and apps installed that comes with a default rooting (su, busybox and Superuser). Although the app is tested thoroughly and many precaution measures are build in (like for example a <b>boot monitor</b>) it is adviced to do a <i>nadroid backup</i>". "</string>
    <string name="bootmonitor"><b>Boot monitor</b>" The app comes with a boot monitor, that is triggered after booting the device with a new device setting. Sometimes a particular density setting can create a conflict with a launcher or a widget. In that case the user can't get into the system and there's nothing that can be done. This is where the boot manager comes into play. The boot manager will be executed after booting the device. In normal cases it will present the user with the option to stay with the new density or cancel it. However, if the user can't give any input, the boot manager will reboot the system after 30 seconds with the old/former density setting. "</string>
    <string name="scaling"><b>Scaling issues</b>" Some apps don't scale well with the new resolution. To solve this a Android option called Compability Mode is turned off by default. One can turn it back on in the settings menus. Make sure you reset your device after change this settings. "<b><i>It is adviced to turn on the compatibility mode before uninstalling the app!</i></b>" "</string>
    <string name="info" />
    <string name="donation" />
    <string name="last_note" />
    <string name="about_title" />
    <string name="about_text" />
    <string name="modality_density">Tablet Mode</string>
    <string name="actual_density">Current density:</string>
</resources>

Thanks Mate...no problem now we not need to show it....we solved our issues WE GOT IT FINALLY FULL PERFECTLY TABLET MODE. We share this new with you soon.

This version is a preview of daily functioning and usable, but is not definitive.
The final will be integrated into Angry V3, this preview will be distributed only to people who will support:
- Fix major rom
- Availability for translation into other languages
- A web space, stable and fast
- Who will give us

For example, this preview will be granted to tkari4 who supported us in some important fixes for the rom and Shwan, apurvapatel and phanitej who have supported financially.

We write that we think for the future of our work...so if you read and understand this i'm sorry but this is your think not our. We want to give a perfectly tablet rom integrated in our Angry V3 and for do this we need an support for server to work...for fix; so we want to give this preview (to fix!!!!!!!!!) to user like tkari4 that can help to fix something and other users that will give impression about normally use. We need not 2500 users (this number is users that now use our rom) to test the preview because we don't want to fill this 3rd with our developers informations and so make a confusioned 3rd and we can't help the users that not use the preview.

P.S.
FOR MONEY WE HAVE AN JOB THIS ROM IS OUR PASSION SORRY IF YOU UNDERSTAND DIFFERENT THINK.

zai89

Jul 15, 2012
5°15′N 117°0′E Sabah
Thanks man, now I'm waiting for your rom with tablet UI.. I always support every dev, but not in financial.. Because I don't have money. Even don't have paypal to make donations... Glad to hear bout your sharing spirit..:):thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

GigilinE

Apr 1, 2010
Napoli
xperiacle i read 3rd title and i think that is for tabletui discussion not for your rom..so i'm sorry for mistake. Please change 3rd title it does false idea of the content..here i don't see download link of rom...sorry again.

Ps i'm raiden and i'm from Naples and we do love love love and love not war. For money no thanks...for phone no thanks...you think are we bad boy..than i say BAD BOYS BAD BOYS WE ARE THE BAD BOYS WHAT YOU WANNA DO WE ARE THERE FOR YOU. ahahh bye my friend i love you and your works. Ahahahh.

RAIDEN 2 CHEF OF THIS BEAUTIFUL TEAM.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

chipwizz

Oct 10, 2008
Pune
wizzdome.wordpress.com
Now, if your real intention in coming here is sharing, then wouldn't it be better if you share and we as a community can fix what remaining bugs there are? I myself is not so keen on tablet ui. I just took it as a challenge to see if it is "doable" as Sean Connery would say. I like phablet UI (I think google agrees with their Nexus 10). Let us not waste our time fussing about screenshots/videos or whatever. We all benefit by sharing (except wives/girlfriends/boyfriends). :) Now if money is the issue, well, that is an entirely a different matter, Sir. Now, what do you suggest we do? Flashaholics are waiting for their "fix". Might as well setup a new community - FA (Flashaholic Anonymous). Hehehe. :laugh:
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
WOW!!!
This quote is worth stickying every section.. :)

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
BWAHAHAHA....

"Let us not waste our time fussing about screenshots/videos or whatever. We all benefit by sharing (except wives/girlfriends/boyfriends)."

Good one !

EDIT

You are absolutely right on the subject...awesome work too !

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Hey DAGR8...this looks awesome!

http://www.galaxyforums.net/forum/g...id-aosp-themed-tablet-mode-ics-4-0-3-rom.html

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581065&highlight=safe

wish we could get this on n7000 even if ics...

Last edited:

ac2eugenio

May 24, 2012
dear revengedeveloperteam,

thanks for the new era of ROMS

one question when will the next version will come ou:laugh:t?

eroracing

Nov 24, 2007
I am hoping xperiacle can get tablet mode working at something higher than 160dpi..... 240dpi would probably be perfect! I tried revenge teams tablet but still really buggy and the 160dpi is just to small!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

sepehrthegreat-iran

Jan 8, 2013
urmia
It is strange
This thread is dead.and my thread becomes closed because it is a duplicate!I nearly achieved something!
Ah

sent from galaxy s4(testing dev edition) using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    13 January 2013 Tablet UI threads: Here, Here

AOSP - TABLETUI VIDEO

TW - TABLETUI VIDEO

03 JAN 2013 I finally was able to achieve TABLET UI for my XXLSC TW ROM with Unlimited Multiwindow Support just like in Note10.1.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE: Some dev may have finally achieved a TW tablet UI...a screenshot here. That is only a screenshot and I have not seen working myself. We'll just have to wait and rely on the dev to release it for those who want such feature on their note.
    That is COOL Man! :) Now if your intention in coming to this thread is to show off, please...that is not what we're here for. On the other hand, if your intention in coming here is to share and be part of the XDA Sharing and Learning community, that is cool with me. I have nothing against you. I respect you and your team as I respect every member of xda. I joined xda 2 months ago to learn and share and have fun in the process. My goal is to create the best personal rom for my note. Even if samsung will one day stop giving updates to my n7000, and I know that day will come, I could gladly say "It doesn't have to, because it already has the perfect rom it can die with".

In fact, in the spirit of sharing, let me offer you my help (not financially, don't have much money otherwise I already have note2 or the latest phones).

Your Tablet UI works at 160 dpi. You said so yourself in one string inside your dpiswitch.apk file that was included in your ROM and I quote "In general, 200 is the best compromise between a screen that contains more elements and a screen that is still readable. ". My Tablet UI works at 160 dpi like yours but what good is tablet UI if not "readable" and "usable" so I made it work at 213 dpi (higher is possible but for me 213 is the sweet spot). I can give you the patch so your Tablet UI can work at 213 dpi, and still switch to phablet or phone ui if you want to. Isn't that cool?

Now, you and I know, the flashbar and the traybar doesn't work together well. I know that because I have been using it for several weeks now. It's either one or the other. If you want FULL TABLET MODE, get rid of the flashbar because it only support dual layout while TABLET MODE support many layouts. Now, if you want unlimited apps in the traybar, I made the same mod for the Note 10.1 (you can see my mods there in the Note 10.1 forum). A good friend of mine even made an app that controls what apps you want for multiwindows (specifically for n7000) just like legendk95 did in the note2 forum.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources>
        <string name="hello" />
        <string name="app_name">Revenge Dev Team</string>
        <string name="btChange">Change density</string>
        <string name="settings_title" />
        <string name="help_title" />
        <string name="help_whatitdoes"><b>What it does</b> With this app one can change the so called LCD Density value. Changing this value will generate the effect of changing the resolution on a PC screen. A <i>lower</i> value corresponds with a <i>higher</i>" resolution! "</string>
        <string name="help_whatvalues"><b>What values</b>" The Android documentation lists 3 values 120, 160 and 240. A device like the Samsung Galaxy S works with the value 240. To get a high resolution effect for this device one can try values like 160, 180, 200, 220. [COLOR="Red"]In general, 200 is the best compromise between a screen that contains more elements and a screen that is still readable. "[/COLOR]</string>
        <string name="prerequesites"><b>Prerequisites and some notes</b> The app only works when one is rooted and has the usual tools and apps installed that comes with a default rooting (su, busybox and Superuser). Although the app is tested thoroughly and many precaution measures are build in (like for example a <b>boot monitor</b>) it is adviced to do a <i>nadroid backup</i>". "</string>
        <string name="bootmonitor"><b>Boot monitor</b>" The app comes with a boot monitor, that is triggered after booting the device with a new device setting. Sometimes a particular density setting can create a conflict with a launcher or a widget. In that case the user can't get into the system and there's nothing that can be done. This is where the boot manager comes into play. The boot manager will be executed after booting the device. In normal cases it will present the user with the option to stay with the new density or cancel it. However, if the user can't give any input, the boot manager will reboot the system after 30 seconds with the old/former density setting. "</string>
        <string name="scaling"><b>Scaling issues</b>" Some apps don't scale well with the new resolution. To solve this a Android option called Compability Mode is turned off by default. One can turn it back on in the settings menus. Make sure you reset your device after change this settings. "<b><i>It is adviced to turn on the compatibility mode before uninstalling the app!</i></b>" "</string>
        <string name="info" />
        <string name="donation" />
        <string name="last_note" />
        <string name="about_title" />
        <string name="about_text" />
        <string name="modality_density">Tablet Mode</string>
        <string name="actual_density">Current density:</string>
    </resources>

This version is a preview of daily functioning and usable, but is not definitive.
    The final will be integrated into Angry V3, this preview will be distributed only to people who will support:
    - Fix major rom
    - Availability for translation into other languages
    - A web space, stable and fast
    - Who will give us

For example, this preview will be granted to tkari4 who supported us in some important fixes for the rom and Shwan, apurvapatel and phanitej who have supported financially.

We write that we think for the future of our work...so if you read and understand this i'm sorry but this is your think not our. We want to give a perfectly tablet rom integrated in our Angry V3 and for do this we need an support for server to work...for fix; so we want to give this preview (to fix!!!!!!!!!) to user like tkari4 that can help to fix something and other users that will give impression about normally use. We need not 2500 users (this number is users that now use our rom) to test the preview because we don't want to fill this 3rd with our developers informations and so make a confusioned 3rd and we can't help the users that not use the preview.

P.S.
    FOR MONEY WE HAVE AN JOB THIS ROM IS OUR PASSION SORRY IF YOU UNDERSTAND DIFFERENT THINK.
    I have finally solved the TABLET UI problem for TW roms.
    They will show it once ready. ;)

yes i know what notifications are....

you are the lawyer by XPERIACLE?

Why do you answer him?

i am making a request to xperiacle not you xD