Originally Posted by crispy514
Hi, i'm in a similar position and sure how to do the above
I returned my Nabi to stock 2.0 (UK) using Nabilabs, restored the stock recovery and performed the OTA update to 2.1 (UK). However it fails the part 2 update with the dead android
I have the 2.2 recovery image from above. How do I install from TWRP? (never had to do that before) and how do I install the bootloader?
Sorry to ask but I've been reading all this for days and can't find an easy guide.
I'd go about it like this if you already have the original Nabilab(not Nabilab GUI) installed.
- Download this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=97
- Copy that zip to the Nabi
- Use Nabilab to just put on the old recovery. Nothing else, just install that older TWRP version.
- Now update TWRP to 2.6.3 by going into TWRP and "Install" the zip you downloaded and put on the Nabi.
(setup for next step) - Do a back up of just the boot partition in TWRP. Just check "boot" and nothing else. Note where you are backing it up to(internal or external storage) If you are space limited I recommend external, and if something goes wrong and you can't boot its easier to work with, otherwise you will have to be adb pushing files.
Install 2.2 ROM and bootloader.
- Download this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=85
- In Android(or if you can put you external SD in your computer) Navigate to the folder TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXX. XXX is a serial number unique to your Nabi.
- Make a new folder and call in whatever you want. So it should now look like TWRP/BACKUPS/XXX/yourfolder
- Unzip the file you downloaded in to the "yourfolder" you created above. The files should look like ext4.system.win, emmc.boot.win, ext.addon.win, etc. This should set you up for the 2.2 ROM.
- Download this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=91
- Copy it to the Nabi. This will be for the bootloader update.
- Reboot to TWRP
- Go to restore tab, and find the backup under the "yourfolder" you made and unzipped the files to.
- You should be able to select boot, system, and addon and skip the others.
- If everything restores then go to TWRP install tab, find the bootloader.zip you downloaded and install it.