Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) anyone working on kernel 3.x

Tip us?
 
deathxlive.lx
Old
#1  
deathxlive.lx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 116
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default (Q) anyone working on kernel 3.x

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
 
deathxlive.lx
Old
#2  
deathxlive.lx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 116
Join Date: Aug 2012
Any dev working on this kernel 3.x the thread on dev looks dead to me

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
 
mmk.dr
Old
#3  
mmk.dr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 289
Posts: 544
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathxlive.lx View Post
Any dev working on this kernel 3.x the thread on dev looks dead to me

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
No, it's not officially dead. Devs are not able to boot it.. As of now cuteprince is trying to make the USB work.. If it works some progress can be made according to devs

Everyone is waiting for kernel 3.xx and S-OFF.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mmk.dr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
psycoder
Old
#4  
psycoder's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chennai
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathxlive.lx View Post
Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
You can check this link for further updates. WORK IN PROGRESS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1959526
 
#define
Old
#5  
#define's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,187
Posts: 2,014
Join Date: May 2012
Location: solar.sys://earth.pl/as/in

 
DONATE TO ME
The kernel is going into some sort of "loop" when i try to boot from it.. And the error messages are moving way too fast on screen to read.. If we can slow them down, then we can fix the errors.. cute_prince is working on it.. as 'mahendrakumar.dr' said..
The Following User Says Thank You to #define For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zgintasz
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 310
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargz16 View Post
The kernel is going into some sort of "loop" when i try to boot from it.. And the error messages are moving way too fast on screen to read.. If we can slow them down, then we can fix the errors.. cute_prince is working on it.. as 'mahendrakumar.dr' said..
Why can't you log these messages into file and then read it?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
device: HTC Explorer(Pico)
rom: CM 10.1 beta #3
 
#define
Old
#7  
#define's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,187
Posts: 2,014
Join Date: May 2012
Location: solar.sys://earth.pl/as/in

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgintasz View Post
Why can't you log these messages into file and then read it?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
Because usb doesnt wrk... if usb works, then we can save logs to file...

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
 
zgintasz
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 310
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargz16 View Post
Because usb doesnt wrk... if usb works, then we can save logs to file...

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
What if you save it on phone's sdcard and then move it to computer?
 
#define
Old
#9  
#define's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,187
Posts: 2,014
Join Date: May 2012
Location: solar.sys://earth.pl/as/in

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgintasz View Post
What if you save it on phone's sdcard and then move it to computer?
We cant do anything because the phone itself doesnt boot.. As you probably know, the kernel gets loaded before the ROM, so when we try to boot 3.x kernel, it doesnt boot only.. So we cant do anything except watch.. We have to remove battery to even stop it.. So thats where we are stuck.. And SD card cant really help until we get into recovery or ROM itself.. So USB is our only bet(or we can try slowing those messages down)..

Try it yourself.. I am putting the kernel here.. Go to fastboot mode, then do :

Code:
fastboot boot boot-3.x.img
Do NOT run :

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.3-x.img
Otherwise you'll have to reflash everything..
Attached Files
File Type: img boot-3.x.img - [Click for QR Code] (2.85 MB, 233 views)
 
deathxlive.lx
Old
(Last edited by deathxlive.lx; 15th December 2012 at 01:29 PM.)
#10  
deathxlive.lx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 116
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hay people kernal 3.7 Is out I don't know what's its called but we might actually have batter with this one any tried to developing on it

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes