Optimus G Commuter

11th December 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
More
Hey guys,
The moment i've personally been waiting for has finally arrived. A case i feel that is finally worth putting on this beautiful phone.
enjoy, So apparently i'm to knew to post links but its on their website now
Brady
13th December 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Milton, Wi
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mryella

Hey guys,
The moment i've personally been waiting for has finally arrived. A case i feel that is finally worth putting on this beautiful phone.
enjoy, So apparently i'm to knew to post links but its on their website now
Brady

Finally arrived is right. How long does it take for case manufacturers to get the ball out on the heavier duty cases? This phone has been out for about a month or so and with it being such a high end device it seems that there should at least be some buzz on high end case websites about the development of protective overlays. I'm anxious to see a Trident Kraken, Otterbox Defender, or Ballistic Hard Core on this phone.
Also, are there any other worthy manufacturers that I could consider for quality protection besides these guys?
14th December 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag winnipeg

54 posts
More
Mine was delivered yesterday, I've been using otter box for about 4 years now the first was a commuter for my 3gs but the protection wasn't very good on it. Upgraded to the defender and it was much better (broke once and they replaced immediately.) . I then bought a s3 (phone) I was hesitant to put a defender on there because the Damn thing would be the size of a kleenex box haha. So I got the commuter for it instead and the design and overall quality of the materials is much much better than it was 4 years ago. It would easily withstand a drop to concrete. I don't think otterbox has plans to make a defender case as far as the website shows.
I've searched for other companies (ballistic, and lifeproof) and they don't seem to be mentioning anything about the e971 so I'm thinking it's doubtful we'll see much more cases unless it explodes in popularity.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2
5th January 2013, 11:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Busan
Thanks Meter: 45

270 posts
More
My Otterbox Commuter is in transit. Will report back when it arrives (hopefully next week).
5th January 2013, 02:17 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 38

201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevro1et

My Otterbox Commuter is in transit. Will report back when it arrives (hopefully next week).

For which OG version?

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2
5th January 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag Busan

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMelz

For which OG version?

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

Korean F180, its the same body as the Sprint LS970.
Last edited by chevro1et; 5th January 2013 at 11:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chevro1et For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Busan

270 posts
More
OK, case arrived today. CLeaned up my phone and slapped it on. Initial impressions...
- quality materials, fit and finish are high end. Fits the device very well.
- a little bulkier than I had hoped for, but right on par for what I realistically expected. The protective lip around the screen edge of the device is a bit taller/ deeper than I anticipated. Doesn't exactly interfere with using the capacative back/ home/ menu buttons, but I am aware of the case when using them. Definitely adds weight and girth to the device.
- Rubber button covers for the power and volume controls reduce tactile feel of the controls. Even within a few hours, I can tell that the rubber covers on the controls is going to 'break in' and there will be some tactile feel there, but how much is yet to be determined.
- port covers for USB and headphone jack are great. USB port cutout is large enough to accommodate nearly any connector. Headphone jack cutout likely not compatible with L-shaped connectors, however all my earphone connectors are straight.
10th January 2013, 05:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 20

141 posts
More
Sweet mine should be in the mail today or tomorrow but I'm out of town so it will just sit frozen in the mailbox lol

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium
11th January 2013, 06:51 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag winnipeg

54 posts
More
Fantastic case so far all the above stated I agree with however I liked the case being raised along the bezel feels more secure in my hands

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2
12th January 2013, 01:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 38

201 posts
I'm usually not "that guy", but if anybody with the case gets a chance, would you mind posting a pic? Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to BMelz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread