5,594,221 Members 44,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Beginners Guide] Rooting the AT&T GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Tip us?
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#21  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4780
Posts: 3,391
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skottyboi34 View Post
Already hit the thanks button once, but wanted to formally thank you for this super easy root/recovery guide! Less than 5 minutes and done! Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
No problem... The goal was to put it out an easy to follow guide. I hope I succeeded.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tishoo
Old
#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1 View Post
No problem... The goal was to put it out an easy to follow guide. I hope I succeeded.
My AT&T SGS3 is on the UPS truck for delivery this afternoon.
Looking forward to rooting.
Do you recommend I let Kies update the stock SGS3 to the newer AT&T sanctioned update first, or just root the phone out of the box and install the stock/deodexed 4.1.1 (or even something more exotic) off this forum instead?

(I'm coming from a Gingerbread Samsung Infuse (nice but underpowered phone) and want to transfer my apps/experience across as painlessly as possible; I'm half considering just rooting and Titanium Un-Backingup my apps/data and dealing with Kies, other ROMs etc in the New Year - but it is encouraging to see how incredibly active the dev community for the GS3 is)
Long-time Nokia/Symbian fan now decidedly in the Android camp.
Currently rocking a Samsung Galaxy S3.
Next - SuperNexus this or go Nexus 4?
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#23  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4780
Posts: 3,391
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tishoo View Post
My AT&T SGS3 is on the UPS truck for delivery this afternoon.
Looking forward to rooting.
Do you recommend I let Kies update the stock SGS3 to the newer AT&T sanctioned update first, or just root the phone out of the box and install the stock/deodexed 4.1.1 (or even something more exotic) off this forum instead?

(I'm coming from a Gingerbread Samsung Infuse (nice but underpowered phone) and want to transfer my apps/experience across as painlessly as possible; I'm half considering just rooting and Titanium Un-Backingup my apps/data and dealing with Kies, other ROMs etc in the New Year - but it is encouraging to see how incredibly active the dev community for the GS3 is)
Either way is a good choice.

 
Asmegin123
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2012
Worked perfect, thanks!
 
tishoo
Old
#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Done! And copying my Titanium Backup to a spare 2GB SD Card for a restore.

Thanks for the super convenient root!
Long-time Nokia/Symbian fan now decidedly in the Android camp.
Currently rocking a Samsung Galaxy S3.
Next - SuperNexus this or go Nexus 4?
 
Intub8
Old
#26  
Intub8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 674
Join Date: Mar 2012
Just wondering does the USB jig still reset the flash counter on jb ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#27  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4780
Posts: 3,391
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intub8 View Post
Just wondering does the USB jig still reset the flash counter on jb ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
There is no reason to reset your flash counter until you are ready to go back to stock. This phone checks at boot to see if you're stock. Go to the unroot guide I posted to see how it's done. You don't need anything but the phone to reset the counter.

 
wraithevolution
Old
#28  
wraithevolution's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 72
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
So I finally grew a pair and attempted root. Excellent guide you've made here Skunk Ape, you really made it easy. It was so easy, I actually had to try a root checked app afterwards to see if I did it right!
 
HSuke
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thanks for the root kit. It worked perfectly.
 
garcia_jx
Old
#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Oct 2012
Skunk ape, I know you from somewhere.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes