[Firmware][GT-N7000][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thread

17th February 2013, 01:15 PM   |  #551  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

197 posts
More
Using latest nightly and can't seem to access my pictures taken by stock rom from my PC. I can see them via gallery within the rom but they are not visible when phone is connected to the PC.

Anyone can help please?
18th February 2013, 11:19 AM   |  #552  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 1,350

2,215 posts
More
Re: [Firmware][GT-N7000][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thre
Is it true that flashing JB bootloaders can enhance performance? I'm on GB ones, (so I can use USB Jig if, and when required)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
18th February 2013, 02:46 PM   |  #553  
Thanks Meter: 533

1,504 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63

Is it true that flashing JB bootloaders can enhance performance? I'm on GB ones, (so I can use USB Jig if, and when required)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

AFAIK boot loaders have nothing to do with device performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to M3TALLICA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #554  
Thanks Meter: 10

49 posts
Angry What native features I lose?
Hello!

I swear I searched but did not find (maybe I did not know where to look)
But I would like to know which native functions on my Galaxy Note does not operate using the CM 10.1.
I know the HDMI output is one of them (at least it was a while ago).
I really like the Cyanogem roms, I use them since my LG Optimus One and would like to use it on my Note, but still wanted to know what does not work on my smartphone.

thank you!
18th February 2013, 06:41 PM   |  #555  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,659

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventura21

Hello!

I swear I searched but did not find (maybe I did not know where to look)
But I would like to know which native functions on my Galaxy Note does not operate using the CM 10.1.
I know the HDMI output is one of them (at least it was a while ago).
I really like the Cyanogem roms, I use them since my LG Optimus One and would like to use it on my Note, but still wanted to know what does not work on my smartphone.

thank you!

Typical TouchWiz features doesn't (of obvious reasons) work. So the S-Pen works as a basic stylus, but the S-Pen features (tap and hold, button etc.) doesn't work. I'm not sure if MHL (HDMI) works. Basically every single TW feature doesn't work.
18th February 2013, 06:49 PM   |  #556  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

197 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaan

Using latest nightly and can't seem to access my pictures taken by stock rom from my PC. I can see them via gallery within the rom but they are not visible when phone is connected to the PC.

Anyone can help please?

Could someone help me please? Thanks
19th February 2013, 03:23 AM   |  #557  
Flag Cambridge, UK
Thanks Meter: 263

834 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaan

Could someone help me please? Thanks

What method are you trying, USB Mass Storage, or mtp/ptp? And have you checked the relevant USB bit in Settings?

It has been said that UMS is no longer supported, although it's there, and it works fine for some.

and when you say "can't see", how are you looking? i.e. are you looking in the right directory?

What OS on the PC?
19th February 2013, 07:04 AM   |  #558  
Flag X-3043
Thanks Meter: 3,116

8,361 posts
More
Re: [Firmware][GT-N7000][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thre
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy124

AFAIK boot loaders have nothing to do with device performance.

Perhaps the new bootloader does a bit of repartitioning... Moving /preload to /system or /data?

Or maybe it locks the bootloader. Or fixes the eMMC bug?

Sent from my Galaxy Note held captive in Chasmodo's Asylum
19th February 2013, 08:11 AM   |  #559  
Thanks Meter: 533

1,504 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault

Perhaps the new bootloader does a bit of repartitioning... Moving /preload to /system or /data?

Or maybe it locks the bootloader. Or fixes the eMMC bug?

Sent from my Galaxy Note held captive in Chasmodo's Asylum

Boot loaders have nothing to do with the emmc brick bug either.

-------

Forgive me Team CyanogenMod for I sinned again.
Had brief affair with the latest stock Samsung firmware > only thing that I found useful is 50 GB dropbox for two years for free!
19th February 2013, 08:22 AM   |  #560  
Flag X-3043
Thanks Meter: 3,116

8,361 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy124

Boot loaders have nothing to do with the emmc brick bug either.

I'm just speculating. Anyway, there has to be something new/improved in the new bootloader... Samsung doesn't like to spend work on something useless (like, say, a fix for the black clipping, which would be completely useless, of course).

With HTC, on some devices you can't run newer ROMs without upgrading the bootloader. For example, the HTC Desire S with bootloader 2.00 just doesn't boot Android 2.3.x, while with bootloader 1.xx, nothing else except for Android 2.3.x.

So... there has to be something in this new bootloader, something that, if it's missing, functionality decays or something. Sadly, I can't find any refference of this new bootloader anywhere on the Internet... was hoping to see someone who actually tried it and saw significant improvement in a way or something... Until we're proven we need to upgrade, I don't think new bootloader flash needs to be considered.
Last edited by Formhault; 19th February 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread