Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

How to Unlock Your Bootloader - Firmware Version VRALJB

OP AdamOutler

12th December 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 114

739 posts
So this method can also make a verizon note 2 run on at&t network ?? That would be sweet. Mad propts to adam for this hack...genius! !!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
12th December 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 24

89 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishRyder

Well...2 hours to download the Revision3 file on our crappy work internet (but damned if I'm going to wait until I get home). At least I'll get to watch the successes/failures roll in in the meantime.

Got my Windows tablet tethered to my GN2 and downloaded Revision3 in 15 minutes which killed my work internet download time!
12th December 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 375

1,723 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishRyder

Well...2 hours to download the Revision3 file on our crappy work internet (but damned if I'm going to wait until I get home). At least I'll get to watch the successes/failures roll in in the meantime.

Also...you mention to stick to flashable zip packages. If I understand correctly, flashing through recovery will still run the typical recovery checks, but ODIN will not?

10mins 4g on my phone! Now I just need access to a computer...grrr
12th December 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 31

147 posts
has anyone not gotten this message and been successful? I have tried this a few times now.

[x]Found rooted device

[x]Found Viewmem

[x]Found Busybox

/system/bin/sh: su: not found

/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found

HellNo
IMPROPER BOOTLOADER VERSION DETECTED. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS NOOB! GUYS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON DEVELOPERS HAVE SO MUCH PROBLEMS!!!!!! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS COME TOGETHER?? AND HERE YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO SCREW THINGS UP.... DAMNIT! GET OFF THE INTERNET! Install Revision ROM --Adam Outler
12th December 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #25  
Flag Waukee, IA
Thanks Meter: 54

149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambala69

Got my Windows tablet tethered to my GN2 and downloaded Revision3 in 15 minutes which killed my work internet download time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

10mins 4g on my phone! Now I just need access to a computer...grrr

I lost unlimited data 8gb package and down to my last 1.5gb between me and the girlfriend (it's been a busy month for me, starting with buying the SIII, then switching it out for a Note II). At least my data resets on Saturday.
12th December 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #26  
Flag Cloquet, MN
Thanks Meter: 26

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedanks

has anyone not gotten this message and been successful? I have tried this a few times now.

[x]Found rooted device

[x]Found Viewmem

[x]Found Busybox

HellNo
IMPROPER BOOTLOADER VERSION DETECTED. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS NOOB! GUYS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON DEVELOPERS HAVE SO MUCH PROBLEMS!!!!!! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS COME TOGETHER?? AND HERE YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO SCREW THINGS UP.... DAMNIT! GET OFF THE INTERNET! Install Revision ROM --Adam Outler

Are you running his revision Rom like it states in the OP? Says it has certain files that are necessary...
12th December 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 13

119 posts
More
Wow I did not expect this so fast, I will wait a few days to see how it goes for everyone but this is awesome!
12th December 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 192

754 posts
Quote:

[x]Found rooted device

[x]Found Viewmem

[x]Found Busybox

HellNo

i just want to point out , because I'm a grammar nazi, that it should say "so MANY problems" in that warning or remove the plural from problem(s). lol. im just teasing. love the work adam. im sure i speak for everyone when i say THANK YOU SO MUCH
to quote a smart man named adam outler "maybe if i use smileys itll help"
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbass595 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 31

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3define

Are you running his revision Rom like it states in the OP? Says it has certain files that are necessary...

Yes sir. This was what i did.

step 1: odin revision3 rom by itself to ungrey button. this was the only way i was able to get the phone bootloader button to ungrey.

step 2: wipe data / cache

step 3: odin revision3 again with pit with phone bootloader button checked as shown in video

step 4: boot into rom. enable usb debugging.

step 5: run casual part. this is where i get stuck.
12th December 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #30  
Flag Cloquet, MN
Thanks Meter: 26

129 posts
More
Quote:

Yes sir. This was what i did.

step 1: odin revision3 rom by itself to ungrey button. this was the only way i was able to get the phone bootloader button to ungrey.

step 2: wipe data / cache

step 3: odin revision3 again with pit with phone bootloader button checked as shown in video

step 4: boot into rom. enable usb debugging.

step 5: run casual part. this is where i get stuck.

Note: if the flash bootloaders button is greyed out, put something in the bootloader section and hit the reset button or just uncheck the box.

I don't think you actually have to flash it though. It's just to ungrey the button. Above is from OP.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread