Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App]Google Wallet Installer

Tip us?

Prl91
Old
(Last edited by Prl91; 4th June 2013 at 07:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Default [App]Google Wallet Installer

Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

Original Thread: Here

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.
Attached Files
File Type: apk WalletInstallerV3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 12490 views)
Beamed Through Space By My Alienware M14XR2
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to Prl91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradleyw801
Old
(Last edited by bradleyw801; 12th December 2012 at 10:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
It does re-write your recovery, but it appears to have worked perfectly. The install part was actually pretty seamless. But I would suggest some clarification on the play store about everything with the recovery. Well worth $2. Thanks.

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyw801 View Post
What if you already have a recovery, say CWM? Does it still flash a new recovery over the old one?
It does. Backing up the current recovery is a very possible future update though. I just got the other carriers supported, so that wasn't my main concern at the time. You can simply flash back over it with whatever recovery you prefer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prl91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyw801 View Post
It does re-write your recovery, but it appears to have worked perfectly. The install part was actually pretty seamless. But I would suggest some clarification on the play store about everything with the recovery. Well worth $2. Thanks.
Glad to have helped! If you have any questions feel free to post them or pm me. I now have 3 threads and Google Play comments to watch, but I always try to reply as much as possible!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Eudeferrer
Old
(Last edited by Eudeferrer; 13th December 2012 at 03:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Forgive my ignorance, but once you root your GS3, doesn't that automatically unlock your bootloader? If not, then how do you unlock it on a Tmous Gs3?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
If I've helped you in any way.....Don't forget to hit the Thank You button.

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but once you root your GS3, doesn't that automatically unlock your bootloader? If not, then how do you unlock it on a Tmous Gs3?

I use a Verizon S3, so I don't know the specifics of your methods to root/unlock. The VZW S3 had a locked bootloader at first, but the dev community managed to unlock it. You'll have to ask around your device forums for an answer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

seshaz
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer View Post

You don't need to do anything other than root on tmo s3.

The Following User Says Thank You to seshaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prl91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshaz View Post
You don't need to do anything other than root on tmo s3.

Thanks for the input seshaz.

seshaz
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prl91 View Post
Thanks for the input seshaz.

Np

Marshall2017
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I pressed install, it turned my phone off went to clockwork recovery, and soft-bricked my gs3.
Smartphones:

Current:

Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 running Leaked 4.3.1

Old:
-Mytouch 3G Slide
-T-Mobile G2x