Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 48,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Defect - Plastic around the screen cracking with light use.

Tip us?

abax44
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
You got three, that's THREE tiny cracks on your phone and you're freaking out after 9 months? Also, i have never heard of this before, so this is clearly an isolated incident. I have no cracks and i bet 99.999% of people out there doesn't have it either. Go home son, you're drunk.
This guy is sooo in tune with all things Note. If he hasn't heard about it, you must be lying...or drunk.

I'd look into the warranty thing. That's definitely a defect.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by abax44 View Post
This guy is sooo in tune with all things Note. If he hasn't heard about it, you must be lying...or drunk.
Yes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

GocaS6
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I dropped my Note couple of times and i've got at least 20 scratches and guess what?
I don't give a f**k
I buyed a damn phone, he didn't buy me for me to be his slave

rraaka
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Im also proud of the little dents and scratches as long as I caused them and I can get the phone up and working again.

But i can never defend the build quality which is less than satisfactory.

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Well, Samsung uses "cheap plastic" but then again look at Apple - most expensive anodized aluminum and 1/3 of iphones 5 came scratched out of box.

What i'm trying to say... im just like you, i treat my gadgets like eggs, but we're talking about things we use all day every day - they will get damaged no matter how you try so its best to get over it. Anyway i think your case is not very common.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

The Following User Says Thank You to Akiainavas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tozneno
Old
Thanks Meter 8
about this micro cracking, don't wast your time to send your phone to sammy, i try it ( because me too i don't think sutch craking are normale on a 600€ phone ) and sammy don't take that in warenty, they sad it my fault... crap plastic and crap warenty... it was clear that sammy don't wan't to eard about that lol
The Following User Says Thank You to tozneno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OMC-LUXOR
Old
(Last edited by OMC-LUXOR; 13th December 2012 at 11:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I got some cracks and spots on my note to but it is better to have crack in ur phone then have phone in ur crack.

My name is luxor and i am a flash-o-holic and xda is my pusherman.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMC-LUXOR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaylacokefreak
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I checked mine too. I got it in August 2012. Im pretty careful with it also. Got a case for it too. I found one of those cracks on the right side. To be honest..its covered with my case..and its not on my screen...Its not a big deal.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

kingears
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I've got a black note and I've dropped it a couple of times, no cracks.

My Mrs has a white note and hers does have cracks the same as the OP, but then she does have Teflon hands hahaha

*******Before posting a question, search, search and search again, if there is no solution then post your question*******

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5,297

DONATE TO ME
Do I have to remind all users to be courteous when posting. If your going to post something don't post in a way that is demeaning to others.

If you don't have this minor issue then great. But to flame someone who does is just pathetic. Thanks for drawing attention to yourselves, I'll now keep an eye out.
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Tech support PMs will be ignored" - Andy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cheap, crack, plastic, screen