Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Defect - Plastic around the screen cracking with light use.

Tip us?

matador_kuw
Old
Thanks Meter 8
defently you are right
i bought mine in december 2011 and in first 3 weeks it got peel at the silver frame and took it to sammy first they refused to change it and repair it and said it falled but eventually after a threat of making them aproblem they accepted to change the back housing and waited 3 months so they repair it and was never satisfied with the build quality . i kept it with me but refused to go for sammy again i bought an htc one x.
though i took care of my note and always kept it in a cover i got that problem. hox never in cover felt from me twice at ground and looks almost new

the problem is not being a slave to phone, the problem is when buying a phone with 655 euro you should get a good build quality and good support. if it felt from your hand and broken its not your fault but if you handle it with care that is.
i had an htc hd2 since 2009 and used by my own children without housing and screen protector comparing that with sammy diffenetly a good quality phone
thank you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic344263_1.gif

antz_77
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have several Micro cracks too

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

lsauer
Old
(Last edited by lsauer; 13th December 2012 at 02:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Unfortunately plastic ages -depending on its molecular makeup, additives like crosslinkers and plasticizers and foremost its aging is dependent on the environment (radiation and small non-inert molecules which can diffuse into the polymer-matrix).

PS: No microcracking here despite rough usage.

@hp79: Are you a smoker?

From a forensic perspective: the software/data tells much about the user, the plastic about the chemical environment the phone was in and the scratches how it was physically handled.

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp79 View Post
Wow, so offensive here. No I'm not drunk. Yes I know it's just a device, albeit a poor quality one. it's not a scratch, it's a real crack. A plastic piece separated into two or more pieces. Big difference there. Third, I'm not trolling so please stop trolling.

I paid $600 for a high end device, and I expect a certain level of quality with that price tag. I'm not as rich as you guys so I take care of my gadgets and use it for at least two years. I found mine having this crack after 9 months of careful use, most likely developed over time. It's just now that I found this while cleaning it.

This is not an isolated issue as I can easily find people with same issues. Here are some of the "0.001% of people" complaining about the cracks because the bad build quality/material.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...t-nowhere.html
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35091-hai...n-the-sides-d/
http://www.huzoorbux.com/samsung-gal...l#.UMk3SYO5PzQ

Finally, a picture of one of my cracks.

I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about this.
'Not as rich as you guys' you more $ than me. Fyi I've cancer, no job, savings gone living. You start saying micro cracks, then they are bits of plastic dropping off!
I do know how it feels when a pristine phone shows its f first mark. Your eyes are Drawn to to them. My Swiss watch has a tiny scratch. That's life. Put it in a case.

From the man in your attic...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howard bamber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WarriorArmy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have 4 micro cracks :/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

pinoypower
Old
Thanks Meter 23
i've accidentally dropped mine about 5 times from pocket whilst standing, twice it fell out from my coat pocket to a concrete floor, a router from a 2-ft. high worktop accidentally fell on it at the office, it's tortured almost every by a 5year old boy with games - all these happened while its in a leather case. it's almost 12-months old now and there's not a single crackk on it. so my advise is keep it in a case, and stop sleeping with it - even if you love it that much! )

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
Phone History: Motorola Micro TAC | Nokia 3210 | Nokia 3310 | Nokia 3320 | Nokia 6610 | Nokia 6600 | Sony Ericsson T68i (back-up) | Nokia N73 | Motorola C385 (back-up) | Nokia N95 | HTC Touch Diamond | Samsung Omnia i900 | Samsung i780 | Samsung Galaxy S | Sony Ericsson ARC | Samsung Galaxy Note | HTC One S | Galaxy Tab 8.9 3G | Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ....

yentlequible
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have dropped my phone on hard cement and asphalt quite a few times without a case or screen protector and don't have any small cracks in mine. I'm lucky enough that my screen hasn't shattered yet.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

realalms
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Next time buy a black phone. You wont see any micro crack by using your naked eyes. Otherwise, buy a microscope. Just my 2cents

Sent from my "BLACK "GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realalms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qazibasit
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I bought my white note in feb 2012. Since i got my note i have put it in a silicon case. After viewing ur post i was worried to see if there is any such issue. I check my device and there is no such cracks thank God. Keeping devices in pouches and being overprotective has its own cons. Like missing such things.

I am still surprised how u figured it out after such a long time... The cracks u posted are something that cant be missed.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Azharkanorwala
Old
(Last edited by Azharkanorwala; 20th December 2012 at 04:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp79 View Post
Wow, so offensive here. No I'm not drunk. Yes I know it's just a device, albeit a poor quality one. it's not a scratch, it's a real crack. A plastic piece separated into two or more pieces. Big difference there. Third, I'm not trolling so please stop trolling.

I paid $600 for a high end device, and I expect a certain level of quality with that price tag. I'm not as rich as you guys so I take care of my gadgets and use it for at least two years. I found mine having this crack after 9 months of careful use, most likely developed over time. It's just now that I found this while cleaning it.

This is not an isolated issue as I can easily find people with same issues. Here are some of the "0.001% of people" complaining about the cracks because the bad build quality/material.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...t-nowhere.html
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35091-hai...n-the-sides-d/
http://www.huzoorbux.com/samsung-gal...l#.UMk3SYO5PzQ

Finally, a picture of one of my cracks.

I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about this.
I paid attention after seeing this post, i also have the same crack on my note.
hey guys i want to change my behind cover casing, but i noticed same hair line crack on plastic around the screen, so if i remove the cover will the plastic come out. help guys..

Tags
cheap, crack, plastic, screen