Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][ROOT] VZW GN2 GSM Unlock - Add APN Data - Remove Non-Verizon SIM Message

Tip us?

joderme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms76 View Post
I am using stock rooted and had issues getting APN Manager Pro to work properly even after converting to a system app. I used APN Global which is free and needs to be converted to a system app. I had no problems with Tmobile other then it's super slow at 2G.
Thanks for the suggestion on APN Global - I will try it out and start recommended it to folks.

joderme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am using stock rooted and had issues getting APN Manager Pro to work properly even after converting to a system app. I used APN Global which is free and needs to be converted to a system app. I had no problems with Tmobile other then it's super slow at 2G.
Thanks for the suggestion on APN Global - I will try it out and start recommended it to folks.

What APN name are you using for t-mobile?

Try epc.tmobile.com if you haven't already.

dms76
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by joderme View Post

What APN name are you using for t-mobile?

Try epc.tmobile.com if you haven't already.
I installed apn global as system app, rebooted, while connected to wifi I ran the app and it download a database. I noticed I had apns for tombile under my phones software. I think it was epc.tmobile.com, honestly I never expected to be able to contribute and didn't pay to much attention. Usually I'm asking the questions. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Note: I am NO expert by any means, thanks goes to those who are

joderme
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I installed apn global as system app, rebooted, while connected to wifi I ran the app and it download a database. I noticed I had apns for tombile under my phones software. I think it was epc.tmobile.com, honestly I never expected to be able to contribute and didn't pay to much attention. Usually I'm asking the questions. Lol

Thanks - I figured you would be able to get 3G/HSDPA+ on this phone with Tmob.

dms76
Old
Thanks Meter 30
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1905016

see this link it, it's almost the same thread. It has the radio info which shows only hspa is supported by the Verizon version.
Note: I am NO expert by any means, thanks goes to those who are

FMXP
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Can someone confirm if the Verizon Note II is quad-band GSM/tri-band HSPA or not?

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMXP View Post
Can someone confirm if the Verizon Note II is quad-band GSM/tri-band HSPA or not?
The FCC test report shows CDMA 800/1900 and then GPRS/EDGE 850/1900 and UMTS 850/1900, plus LTE band 13. Not sure if there are other frequencies it supports or not, but maybe you can dig through the report to find more.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

FMXP
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If that's true then the VZW Note II is useless outside of the Americas. In Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa, the GSM bands used are 900/1800. Seems kinda dumb that it works on AT&T's frequencies but not on frequencies used in the rest of the world.

beefchopper
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMXP View Post
If that's true then the VZW Note II is useless outside of the Americas. In Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa, the GSM bands used are 900/1800. Seems kinda dumb that it works on AT&T's frequencies but not on frequencies used in the rest of the world.

From phone Scoop here are the Frequencies for the VZW GN2:

Modes

LTE 750
WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA 850 / 1900
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

LordRalh3
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Its already been confirmed that the vzw n2 works great on gsm in other countries, speedtests and all

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app