Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 47,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][ROOT] VZW GN2 GSM Unlock - Add APN Data - Remove Non-Verizon SIM Message

Tip us?

XooLoo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
Ok, I have confirmed this to work, and works well with imnut's mod to remove the sim warning.

http://www.mediafire.com/?04etgczpj03a852

This enables the apn editor under settings.

Go to Settings, More Settings, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names, menu button.

This is a flashable mod!

Note to rom devs: Feel free to use this, but give credit where due. Trust me, I will know if you kang it
Thanks for your work. I flashed it in recovery. However, under Mobile Network when I hit menu, my only option is reset to default just like before. I'm on Beans V2 ROM. Any help will be appreciated.

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by XooLoo View Post
Thanks for your work. I flashed it in recovery. However, under Mobile Network when I hit menu, my only option is reset to default just like before. I'm on Beans V2 ROM. Any help will be appreciated.
Hmmm, maybe I uploaded the wrong one.

Thanks for the heads up.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!

maverixz
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I uploaded the wrong one.

Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks Adrynalyne for your work on this. I'm guessing we can flash this on Beanstown V2 ROM via custom recovery.
Phone(s):
GNote 3

Tablet(s):
GTab 3 ★ GNote 8 ★ GNote 10.1 ★ Touchpad

Btw, I suspect that I may have O.R.D

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by XooLoo View Post
Total derpage on my part.

Here you go. I also updated original post.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wqmad2ypgsyd75z
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixz View Post
Thanks Adrynalyne for your work on this. I'm guessing we can flash this on Beanstown V2 ROM via custom recovery.
Yeah, and I fixed it.

It is version 1.1.

If he is using custom settings apk, then it will overwrite it. He an get with me on how to add the mod in that case.
The Following User Says Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maverixz
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Yeah, and I fixed it.

It is version 1.1.

If he is using custom settings apk, then it will overwrite it. He an get with me on how to add the mod in that case.
Thanks and I will be flashing this right away to test it.
Phone(s):
GNote 3

Tablet(s):
GTab 3 ★ GNote 8 ★ GNote 10.1 ★ Touchpad

Btw, I suspect that I may have O.R.D

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMXP View Post
If that's true then the VZW Note II is useless outside of the Americas. In Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa, the GSM bands used are 900/1800. Seems kinda dumb that it works on AT&T's frequencies but not on frequencies used in the rest of the world.
This is why I suggested reading over the report. It is also possible that they only tested frequencies that are used in the US, and not all available frequencies.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidXcon
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If anyone is interested, I combined the International Note 2 (N7100), AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon apns-conf.xml file to create what is hopefully a fairly complete APNs list. Not saying it will work for your carrier, or that it works at all (remember, I don't have a device yet ), but people can use it if they wish. I put it on Pastebin for everyone's viewing pleasure and you can get it here.
So i replaced my apn-conf with your list and when i popped in my ATT go sim it popped up Cingular 410 in Access points. It worked for voice and H+. Just wanted to let you know it worked thus far. ill have to ask my friends to let me try out their cards and see if it picks up other networks.

Thanks imnuts always doing great work

imnuts
Old
(Last edited by imnuts; 15th December 2012 at 01:21 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
So i replaced my apn-conf with your list and when i popped in my ATT go sim it popped up Cingular 410 in Access points. It worked for voice and H+. Just wanted to let you know it worked thus far. ill have to ask my friends to let me try out their cards and see if it picks up other networks.

Thanks imnuts always doing great work
I'll search through the list then and update Cingular 410 to AT&T. It should be a fairly easy fix, and if anyone else finds an issue like this, let me know and I'll update it as well.

EDIT: I created the updated apns-conf.xml file on Github. View and Download it here.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

blackbass595
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Son let me see if I understand. This just allows us to move this phone from carrier to carrier? But you have to have the other carriers sim before it'll work?