FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus 10 power brick

135 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By elliott35, Senior Member on 20th March 2013, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I lost my power brick for my nexus 10 and I have been looking everywhere to get a new one... Anyone know where I can find one? I have called Google play and Samsung neither have the stock charger....

The closest I can find is this--( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-2Amp...135#vi-content ) Will that work?

Can someone with a nexus 10 post what the power specs are for the stock charger? Amps | volts | current (output)

Thanks,

Elliott35

21st March 2013, 02:23 AM |#2  
Megabrantis Cluster
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Re: Nexus 10 power brick
Volts depends on your region (mine is 250v), amps should be the same (2.5) regardless of region but I could be wrong. HTH

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
21st March 2013, 05:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Any brick with enough amps will work. I use one from a USB 3 hub and works fine. A left over 2A brick from an old device also works.
26th March 2013, 04:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The one you mention in the OP will work from what I have read out there.

If you go another route, beware that not every single setup will work properly. I ran into this issue when trying to find a second charger. Apparently, there is a specific pin configuration that Android looks for; otherwise it will step down the charge rate to protect itself. If you have the original charging cable, then just about any brick with 5A will work. If you need the cable as well, this is where things get dicey. I know from trial and error that an Amazon Basics 5A charger (or any 5A charger) and a Media Bridge Charge Only cable will work well. The key is the Charge Only cable. I couldn't get a charge and sync cable to charge quickly no matter what I did. There are lots of tutorials out there that will show you how to modify a standard charge and sync cable to make it work with the N10. I chose to go the Charge Only route. I keep a sync cable around for when I need to do that.
27th March 2013, 01:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Lower amps means longer battery life, but the stock on the NΞXUS is 2 amps.
I only use the regular USB port that has 500mAh.
27th March 2013, 03:09 PM |#6  
Flag South Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 219

More
There's a whole thread here on the subject: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2084619

I recently purchased this power brick and am quite satisfied with it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Following User Says Thank You to brGabriel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brGabriel Ad-Free
2nd April 2016, 07:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nexus 10 power specs for the stock charger: Output: 5V 2A
Model: ETA-P11JBE
12th June 2016, 07:06 PM |#8  

More
you can use also samsung galaxy series charger, they also have 2 amp power
14th June 2016, 01:40 AM |#9  
Flag nc
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott35

I lost my power brick for my nexus 10 and I have been looking everywhere to get a new one... Anyone know where I can find one? I have called Google play and Samsung neither have the stock charger....

The closest I can find is this--( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-2Amp...135#vi-content ) Will that work?

Can someone with a nexus 10 post what the power specs are for the stock charger? Amps | volts | current (output)

Thanks,

Elliott35

100-240 v, 50/60 hz, 0.35 amp
21st July 2016, 05:04 PM |#10  

More
I use this:

Anker 60W 10-Port USB Charger

(sorry, can't post links yet
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)