XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic POGO Cable

Tip us?

wptski
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDNYLaw View Post
the I=91 was the percent of the battery, I'm assuming "v" was voltage in millivolts and c = current I guess. Perhaps, whomever requested the data actually knows what all the variables mean.
Ah! That's right, my bad.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skally View Post
Max current going in to the Nexus I have seen with the Pogo cable is 1960mA. That was with flight mode on, screen off and freshly booted from dead battery.

Max current I have seen the Nexus use is 2930mA. That was running Asphalt 7 on full brightness.

I see there being a deficit of 1Ah, meaning on full brightness, playing a game, it will last 9 hours. Even when plugged in
Is that measured with a meter or using an app?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by derobert View Post
A quick check of /sys shows that there is a smb347 charge controller, and it's set to 2A max:

~ $ f=/sys/class/power_supply/smb347-mains/current_max ; ls -l "$f"; cat "$f"
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jan 9 10:10 /sys/class/power_supply/smb347-mains/current_max
~ $

But quickly Googling the part says it can do 2.5A. Not sure why Google/Samsung has limited it to 2A, there may be a good reason. If not, getting another 25% should be doable on a rooted device. Don't plan to try it myself.
Is that a typo, 2000000? At max of 2A would be 2000ma.
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1

derobert
Old
(Last edited by derobert; 9th January 2013 at 04:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
That's because it's at 91% charged, so has slowed down. You need to measure at a much lower charge level.

Also, the 2000000 is not a typo, it was copied and pasted. The unit is just microamps instead of milliamps.

wptski
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by derobert View Post
That's because it's at 91% charged, so has slowed down. You need to measure at a much lower charge level.

Also, the 2000000 is not a typo, it was copied and pasted. The unit is just microamps instead of milliamps.
That's true, the charge changes from constant current to constant voltage at 4.2V. Ah, microamps!

dalingrin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2718
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski View Post
The one from 3C.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Just use the Battery Monitor Widget from 3C, you can set the interval down to one minute. I guess that I=91 is current but how do you tell if that is charge or discharge? Is that 91A, 9.1A or 0.91A? The BMW will do that for you.
C is current in milliamps. This is the current at the battery so it includes power draw from the rest of the tablet.(that's why its not the 2A most would expect)

Plug in the microusb and check the current, then plug in the pogo cable and check the current. Then subtract the two.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

wptski
Old
(Last edited by wptski; 10th January 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalingrin View Post
C is current in milliamps. This is the current at the battery so it includes power draw from the rest of the tablet.(that's why its not the 2A most would expect)

Plug in the microusb and check the current, then plug in the pogo cable and check the current. Then subtract the two.

Similiar to the moderm gas vehicle, power is drawn from the battery, it's replaced by the charger which is supplied by the 2A power supply or AC wall unit.

I don't have my POGO charger yet but noone has compared the USB and POGO charging rate at below a battery voltage of 4.2V to show the real maximum difference. It's been mentioned that the charging circuit is maxed at 2.0A, so anyone that's getting a larger PS isn't going to gain anything.

In Ohm's Law, I=current, V=volts and R=resistance.

demusss
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just need someone to install battery monitor widget.

Then with battery somewhere below 50% charge with usb for at least half an hour with screen off then swop to pogo for half an hour.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

skally
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by demusss View Post
Just need someone to install battery monitor widget.

Then with battery somewhere below 50% charge with usb for at least half an hour with screen off then swop to pogo for half an hour.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
It's already been done. USB is around 1.6A, POGO is around 1.9A

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 494

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
The question I have is, will it charge the device faster then it drains? For example, can I have max brightness, performance governor at 1.7GHz, and play some demanding game, and not have battery drop?
Anyone care to test this at all?

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

EDNYLaw
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
Anyone care to test this at all?
Tested, doesn't drain streaming 1080p mkv on full brightness. In fact I netted 2% in like 20 minutes. Posted this last night.

Like the fact that Verizon was fined $1.25 million for blocking tethering apps? That was due in part to my FCC Complaint. Join my website and participate in further discussions of legal topics concerning mobile technology and more!

Follow me on Twitter and Google+

Current Devices
Galaxy Nexus - AOKP PUB Builds and Franco's latest and greatest
Nexus 10 - AOKP PUB Builds and KToonsez KT Manta Kernel

Previous Devices
Droid, Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr
Xoom
The Following User Says Thank You to EDNYLaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dalingrin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2718
Quote:
Originally Posted by skally View Post
It's already been done. USB is around 1.6A, POGO is around 1.9A
Where? Have a link?

I've speculated this but I haven't seen anyone actually test it.