Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WARNING: Once youre unlocked dont use odin to flash custom ROMs.

Tip us?

AdamOutler
Old
(Last edited by AdamOutler; 14th December 2012 at 02:20 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9599

DONATE TO ME
Arrow WARNING: Once youre unlocked dont use odin to flash custom ROMs.

The title says it all. Nothing good can come of flashing with Odin except returning to stock. Stick with CWM or TWRP flashable zip files. If you disregard this message you will end up with a locked device, or even worse, a hard bricked device. Please use Odin as a factory restore tool only. I'm concerned that after unlock using our methods that people will flash the wrong thing and cause problems in the future.

The unlock method we have provided is not a standard Bootloader Unlock. It is an IROM unlock. This means you can quite literally flash anything to your device without any sort of signature checks. It is important that you stay safe and try to stay away from Odin unless absolutely necessary.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
Wanna see the longest Linux BASH script ever made? click here.
The Following 134 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxxxmarkxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for all the hard work

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxmarkxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VECTUS
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7066

DONATE TO ME
Excellent words of advice from an ERD who KNOWS what's he's talking about... Please take his advice everyone... It will save you A LOT of pain...

Stickied
The Following User Says Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thejron
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for your hours of work. People WILL screw this up, unfortunately.

shojus
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejron View Post
Thanks for your hours of work. People WILL screw this up, unfortunately.

Yup! I can already see the threads starting.... It is good to know that we can still use Odin though cause I was under the impression that Odin was a no-go at this point... So flashing the factory image from imnuts would be the best resort to get back to stock if we needed to return a device?
Current Devices:

HTC One (M8) on Verizon **S-Off**
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon **rooted w/ safestrap**
OnePlus One on prepaid **rooted & unlocked** (YES, it has a yellow piss screen and it has a few defects so waiting for a replacement!)

Incoming: Verizon LG G3

** Donate to your favorite Devs! They have made your device worth using! **

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shojus View Post
Yup! I can already see the threads starting.... It is good to know that we can still use Odin though cause I was under the impression that Odin was a no-go at this point... So flashing the factory image from imnuts would be the best resort to get back to stock if we needed to return a device?
yes...check my guide out! I have step by step instructions that clearly state what and what not to do!!
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shojus
Old
(Last edited by shojus; 13th December 2012 at 05:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
yes...check my guide out! I have step by step instructions that clearly state what and what not to do!!
Thanks buddy! I just checked it out and I am very thankful for your guides as it has helped me and MANY others! I have thanked so many people that my limit is up (for the day) but I appreciate your time that you have put forth to helping people!
Current Devices:

HTC One (M8) on Verizon **S-Off**
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon **rooted w/ safestrap**
OnePlus One on prepaid **rooted & unlocked** (YES, it has a yellow piss screen and it has a few defects so waiting for a replacement!)

Incoming: Verizon LG G3

** Donate to your favorite Devs! They have made your device worth using! **
The Following User Says Thank You to shojus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kchitown1977
Old
Thanks Meter 350
I know I'm off topic. I'm not an owner of the note 2 but wanted to say awesome signature to the OP. From one vet to another thank you

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

HI I'M KC ,AND I'M A s4 fanatic
The Following User Says Thank You to Kchitown1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cynkrzy
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
I still have plenty of "Thanks" so Thanks, and I am gonna study this weekend, hopefully by then the other issues folks have been having will at least be identified if not corrected.. then it's freedom for me!!

dvigue
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
The title says it all. Nothing good can come of flashing with Odin except returning to stock. Stick with CWM or TWRP flashable zip files. If you disregard this message you will end up with a locked device, or even worse, a hard bricked device. Please use Odin as a factory restore tool only. I'm concerned that after unlock using our methods that people will flash the wrong thing and cause problems in the future.

The unlock method we have provided is not a standard Bootloader Unlock. It is an IROM unlock. This means you can quite literally flash anything to your device without any sort of signature checks. It is important that you stay safe and try to stay away from Odin unless absolutely necessary.
Adam- but we ARE ok flashing with Odin so we can retrun to complete stock correct? your not saying that doing that may completely brick are phones are you? just want to be clear. i only use ODIN to go complete stock..

thank you for your work