Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

WARNING: Once youre unlocked dont use odin to flash custom ROMs.

OP AdamOutler

13th December 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #11  
Flag BTR
Thanks Meter: 148

575 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigue

Adam- but we ARE ok flashing with Odin so we can retrun to complete stock correct? your not saying that doing that may completely brick are phones are you? just want to be clear. i only use ODIN to go complete stock..

thank you for your work

"Please use Odin as a factory restore tool only"
The Following User Says Thank You to nunyazz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #12  
Flag Fairview Park, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 86

444 posts
Donate to Me
More
In Androidstyle's guide thread, Adam asked him to point the unlock guide to his unlock thread, but I don't see an unlock thread from Adam, only the Revision3 thread which has no steps to unlock. I see the video Adam made, but my understanding is that the process has changed and the links to download Adam's ROM are dead on the Youtube page. Anyone have the link to Adam's unlock step by step guide?
13th December 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 36

173 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaudio

In Androidstyle's guide thread, Adam asked him to point the unlock guide to his unlock thread, but I don't see an unlock thread from Adam, only the Revision3 thread which has no steps to unlock. I see the video Adam made, but my understanding is that the process has changed and the links to download Adam's ROM are dead on the Youtube page. Anyone have the link to Adam's unlock step by step guide?

It's in "Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Original Development". Go up one level and you'll see it. There are only two threads there so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
13th December 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #14  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 79

401 posts
More
I don't mean to sound mean but if you really can't figure out how to get to his unlock thread do you really think it's a good idea to be unlocking your bootloader? Maybe you should just stick to a rooted image and read up and learn for awhile before jumping in over your head

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
13th December 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4

171 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRalh3

I don't mean to sound mean but if you really can't figure out how to get to his unlock thread do you really think it's a good idea to be unlocking your bootloader? Maybe you should just stick to a rooted image and read up and learn for awhile before jumping in over your head

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

To be fair, the distinction between "Android development" and "Original Android development" is new for many of us. I, too, was wondering how to get back to this thread since I tend to browse XDA through bookmarks instead of the site hierarchies. I didn't realize there was an "original Android development" section until after I double checked the name on the thread jumper. It's not that one is technologically illiterate (I got through all this in one fell swoop with no issues and have rooted and unlocked every phone I've owned since the G1), it's just that it's different. Last device I had didn't have a section for original development, so it wasn't immediately obvious to me (though I quickly understood what it was for). so cut him some slack and just kindly point him to the right direction. I know you said you weren't trying to sound mean, but if you really weren't trying to sound mean you could have just helped him out without all of the extra, unnecessary commentary. You know what they say about assumptions, after all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ogwilson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #16  
Flag Buffalo NY
Thanks Meter: 48

276 posts
More
Just got the Note 2 on verizon and loving it so much I'm going to hold off for a bit before unlocking & rooting. Normally on all my android phones that is done day 1... but this time w/ the dev community just now unlocking it, I think I'm going to wait a few weeks.
14th December 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #17  
watchung
Thanks Meter: 6

141 posts
More
In context, imnuts has put out a Recovery flash-able version of CWM. If one tries his CWM but wants to go back to TWRP then currently it seems that one need to ODIN it. To Adam Outler's point it would be safer to have a Recovery flash-able version of TWRP. [?]
14th December 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 1,188

873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

The title says it all. Nothing good can come of flashing with Odin except returning to stock. Stick with CWM or TWRP flashable zip files. If you disregard this message you will end up with a locked device, or even worse, a hard bricked device. Please use Odin as a factory restore tool only. I'm concerned that after unlock using our methods that people will flash the wrong thing and cause problems in the future.

The unlock method we have provided is not a standard Bootloader Unlock. It is an IROM unlock. This means you can quite literally flash anything to your device without any sort of signature checks. It is important that you stay safe and try to stay away from Odin unless absolutely necessary.

Does the same go for Heimdall aswell then?
15th December 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #19  
Flag Metropolis
Thanks Meter: 46

333 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevd

Does the same go for Heimdall aswell then?

Yes because it does the same job as ODIN but on a different operating system.

Sent from VZW Note 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clarkkent434 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #20  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 1,188

873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkkent434

Yes because it does the same job as ODIN but on a different operating system.

Sent from VZW Note 2

That's what I figured , I thought I'd ask the dumb question to explicitly clarify it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread