Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mod to remove Navigation Bar (navbar) on Droid Razr HD

Tip us?

Pzyduck
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Default Re: Mod to remove Navigation Bar (navbar) on Droid Razr HD

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360614488907.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1721353Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360614504133.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1721354

Enviado desde mi Motorola RAZR HD usando Tapatalk 2
Firmware Team: Kent_lkc - Kwachu - daywalker04 - Pzyduck - Skrilax_CZ - toto221
My devices: Motorola V3i Marron>>>Motorola V9x>>>Motorola Milestone>>>Motorola Milestone 2>>>Motorola Atrix>>>Motorola RAZR>>>Motorola RAZR HD
"Firmware Team Forum"

saloums7
Old
(Last edited by saloums7; 11th February 2013 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39

I'm having system ui crash constantly on stock. Anybody found a way that works on stock?
@Pzyduck : how'd you do that

Sent from my XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910

rockstarr001
Old
Thanks Meter 1

My system UI on stock crashed as well, but my CM 10 works great. Bump for a rooted stock solution if available. But until then it's awesome that there is at least one working navbar mod out there

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Youngunn2008
Old
Thanks Meter 1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarr001 View Post
can you tell me where the full screen toggle is?? I've been hunting for it forever. CM10.1 beta here also
It's an app

FullscreenToggle

Sent from my MotoAHD Maxx

phone: Moto X
rom: stock KitKat, rooted

tablet: Barnes & Noble Nook HD+
rom: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
recovery: CWM 6
kernel: CM stock

My Android Build PC

bL33d
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Hopefully stock solution is found.
LG G2
[ROM] [AOSP] TEAM GUMMY
-------------------
Previous - Verizon Note 3
Previous- note 2

Calvinx1
Old
(Last edited by Calvinx1; 18th February 2013 at 06:29 AM.) Reason: Note
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Remove NavBar But use Task Bar with no FC or issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajal View Post
This issue has been important for me since I purchased my Verizon Droid Razr HD Maxx (consumer edition). I wanted to be able to remove the navbar on the bottom of the screen and take advantage of the full screen. Apparently AOKP roms have this capability and you can toggle via power button menu, but there is no AOKP version available for Razr HD. I tried all the mods I could find in the forums (generally written for Nexus phones/tablets). These are the following:

1. Adding the following line to build.prop: "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" (without quotes). I tried this on the rooted stock JB rom and on Batakang rom. In both cases, the mod causes both navigation bar (bottom of screen) and status bar (top of screen) to disappear, with frequent UI crash messages.

2. Editing the framework-res\res\values\bools.xml and changing the value of ”config_showNavigationBar” from "true" to "false". This is discussed in detail in the following link: http://www.androidincanada.ca/news/m...s-full-screen/ I did not try this mod on rooted stock JB (since I made a flashable zip out of my new framework-res.apk and safestrap won't allow zip installation in the stock slot). I tried this mod only on the Batakang rom. The mod causes both navigation bar (bottom of screen) and status bar (top of screen) to disappear, with frequent UI crash messages, similar to previous mod.

3. In retrospect, I wonder what would have happened if I tried both mods listed above at the same time. It may have worked. I may try this later. But then I installed CM10 beta rom by dhacker and tried the FullScreenToggleV2.apk mod provided in this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1497558 This worked like a charm, without any crashes or any disruption of the status bar. This apk inserts the "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" line in your build.prop (the same as mod #1 listed above) but it's easier since you don't have to manually edit your build.prop. I tried this mod on rooted stock JB rom and Batakang rom, but it had the same (failed) results as in mod #1 above. So it only works for CM10 rom by dhacker on my XT926. I suspect it will also work in CM10 on XT925 (by epinter) but I don't have one to try.

Ideally there would be a mod that would work on the rooted stock JB rom. But short of that, at least it's reassuring that the Razr HD navbar can be removed in the CM10 rom. One could hope it may even be added as a CM10 feature later on

*** Important Note: if you attempt this, obviously you would need another way to navigate through your screens. I use LMT listed under mod #3 link above. There are other options available also. Just make sure to install some app that provides an alternative method of navigation before you try the mod.

Good luck!
Upgrade to JB there are option in the forum if not available with your carrier and use Option 1, Ready it works OK, I use Gmd Gesture Control Instead of NavBar; Enjoy!!
BTW I use the FW from Canada and files to use it with telcel in Mexico, it works great, well menu appears and hide in some apps and you must try again but its usable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calvinx1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinx1 View Post
Upgrade to JB there are option in the forum if not available with your carrier and use Option 1, Ready it works OK, I use Gmd Gesture Control Instead of NavBar; Enjoy!!
So on stock JB the build.prop edit works?

Sent from my XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910

Youngunn2008
Old
Thanks Meter 1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7 View Post
So on stock JB the build.prop edit works?

Sent from my XT925
Yeah. That's what the full screen toggle app is doing. Just writes to the build.prop

My Android Build PC

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngunn2008 View Post
Yeah. That's what the full screen toggle app is doing. Just writes to the build.prop
I know I'd just rather do it myself and on ICS SystemUI crashes constantly after adding the line. Is that still happening on JB or does it hide it properly?

Youngunn2008
Old
Thanks Meter 1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7 View Post
I know I'd just rather do it myself and on ICS SystemUI crashes constantly after adding the line. Is that still happening on JB or does it hide it properly?
I'm using the fullscreen toggle right now and no force closes

My Android Build PC

Tags
android, app, disable, hide, navigation bar