[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][2.8][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.0.0 TeamWin Recovery Project 9/16

14th December 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #21  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367

2,472 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms76

What is the best file system format option for TWRP to support both the microsd card and files over 4gb? Note I use windows 7 x64

Unfortunately, there isn't one.

It has nothing to do with Windows 7 etc., the problem is the only file format that is compatible with the flash recoveries Is FAT32 and that does not support over 4 gig files.

I went all thru this with my Galaxy 3 and a 64 gig card. I have blue-ray rips that are over 4 gigs and need NTFS, but the Galaxy phones will not read NTFS.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmorton10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 17

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbargerhuff

Installed and lost twrp all together

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

FYI...I tried installing through goo manager and odin. Both times left me with ASR.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
14th December 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 63

310 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambala69

FYI...I tried installing through goo manager and odin. Both times left me with ASR.

I tried to install it via Goo Manager (before I had even checked to see which version Adam's unlock routine had installed. I'm such an idiot sometimes!!). and I ended up with the stock recovery. I then reinstalled Adam's VerizonSuckit file with TWRP 2.3.2.3 and the Bootloader via Odin. All is good now.
14th December 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 219

1,725 posts
More
Once we are unlocked/rooted and we have TWRP installed how do we get into TWRP, is it simply power up while holding down home button and vol. down or it is vol up?
14th December 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #25  

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD

Once we are unlocked/rooted and we have TWRP installed how do we get into TWRP, is it simply power up while holding down home button and vol. down or it is vol up?

volume up + home+ power and/or you can get an app like Quick Boot that will take you into recovery from the OS...at least until a dev bakes a restart menu into their ROM.
Last edited by Shambala69; 14th December 2012 at 07:03 PM.
14th December 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 63

310 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD

The app Goo Manager has a Reboot to Recovery button.
14th December 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 16

61 posts
So, I'm not the only one unable to flash any recovery except for the suckitversion one Adam provided. Good, I was up late trying to figure it out. I still don't know what the problem is, as it's definitely flashing to the correct /dev/block, but something is wrong.
14th December 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #28  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,800

4,308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currentweb

So, I'm not the only one unable to flash any recovery except for the suckitversion one Adam provided. Good, I was up late trying to figure it out. I still don't know what the problem is, as it's definitely flashing to the correct /dev/block, but something is wrong.

Do you guys need to be in a specific mode to flash boot and recovery?
14th December 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #29  

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbiff

Do you guys need to be in a specific mode to flash boot and recovery?

First I tried using the Goo Manager app to flash. Phone never rebooted like instructions mentioned it would. Then I downloaded Odin twrp version from twrp website, put phone into download mode, connected to pc and odin recognized phone, i put twrp file into pda slot of odin, flashed and Odin gave me the "pass" notification but still booted into stock recovery.

15th December 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #30  
Flag Metropolis
Thanks Meter: 46

333 posts
More
I didn't use goomanagerto flash TWRP but Rom toolbox. But the version is 2.3.1.1.

Sent from VZW Note 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread