FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] US T-Mobile MMS not working on my Droid DNA

Thanks Meter: 18
 
By ttn1185, Member on 13th December 2012, 08:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have setup the T-Mobile APN in multiple possible ways: changed the existing one, created a new one, create 2 (one for data and one for mms). But I cant get MMS to work at all. Data is fine btw. I have Edge and HSPDA around Dallas metroplex.

Anyone got any lucks with T-Mobile MMS on this phone?
 
 
13th December 2012, 11:36 PM |#2  
djnicho12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san pablo
Thanks Meter: 20
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm in the same boat as you but I don't really use pics message that much but I hope someone figure out how to make it work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
14th December 2012, 04:41 PM |#3  
crackeyes's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag knoxville
Thanks Meter: 187
 
Donate to Me
More
I have been trying since it came out. I have been somewhat successful by getting gosms and going to the advance settings and putting in the mmsc manually in their settings, does not work all the time but does sometimes
15th December 2012, 08:04 PM |#4  
crackeyes's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag knoxville
Thanks Meter: 187
 
Donate to Me
More
Got it to work
Ok finally got it to work. I have done some major investigation but It works until a reset then all you have to do is change a simple setting to correct it

To get it to work first you have to put in your sim card. The phone will put in the generic TMO settings for APN. After that you have to go edit the settings. Change them to

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: (leave this blank)

After that you have to go to the play store and download GOSMS pro (free app). Once it is installed open it up, go through their tutorial. Hit menu then go to settings, once there go to advance, scroll to the bottom and hit mms settings then scroll to the bottom of it put a check in the “fill apn configuration manually” box. Then you will set your MMSC to" http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc " then your proxy to : " 216.155.165.050 " then your port to " 8080 ". Hit the back button and you are good to go. After that you will have MMS working (may get a did not download message but the pic did download. If you reboot you will have to go in and edit your APN to clear out the default apn type, save it and good to go
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crackeyes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2013, 09:30 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackeyes

Ok finally got it to work. I have done some major investigation but It works until a reset then all you have to do is change a simple setting to correct it

To get it to work first you have to put in your sim card. The phone will put in the generic TMO settings for APN. After that you have to go edit the settings. Change them to

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: (leave this blank)

After that you have to go to the play store and download GOSMS pro (free app). Once it is installed open it up, go through their tutorial. Hit menu then go to settings, once there go to advance, scroll to the bottom and hit mms settings then scroll to the bottom of it put a check in the “fill apn configuration manually” box. Then you will set your MMSC to" http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc " then your proxy to : " 216.155.165.050 " then your port to " 8080 ". Hit the back button and you are good to go. After that you will have MMS working (may get a did not download message but the pic did download. If you reboot you will have to go in and edit your APN to clear out the default apn type, save it and good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnicho12

I'm in the same boat as you but I don't really use pics message that much but I hope someone figure out how to make it work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttn1185

I have setup the T-Mobile APN in multiple possible ways: changed the existing one, created a new one, create 2 (one for data and one for mms). But I cant get MMS to work at all. Data is fine btw. I have Edge and HSPDA around Dallas metroplex.

Anyone got any lucks with T-Mobile MMS on this phone?

can you guys post your experience with data speeds for the DNA in tmobile? are you getting 4G or 3G or 2G only and if so, where are you?
thanks
10th January 2013, 11:23 PM |#6  
crackeyes's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag knoxville
Thanks Meter: 187
 
Donate to Me
More
I live in an 4g market but not the 1900mhz market so i only get edge but they are suppose to have it up and running by the end of the month so we will see then
15th January 2013, 04:12 AM |#7  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,029
 
More
I used this with multiple unbranded or unlocked phones I had. When I had the DNA briefly I used this and it worked for me.

Just pick your carrier and reboot and MMS should work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...G4uZ2xvYmFsIl0.
20th April 2013, 03:27 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackeyes

Ok finally got it to work. I have done some major investigation but It works until a reset then all you have to do is change a simple setting to correct it

To get it to work first you have to put in your sim card. The phone will put in the generic TMO settings for APN. After that you have to go edit the settings. Change them to

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: (leave this blank)

After that you have to go to the play store and download GOSMS pro (free app). Once it is installed open it up, go through their tutorial. Hit menu then go to settings, once there go to advance, scroll to the bottom and hit mms settings then scroll to the bottom of it put a check in the “fill apn configuration manually” box. Then you will set your MMSC to" http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc " then your proxy to : " 216.155.165.050 " then your port to " 8080 ". Hit the back button and you are good to go. After that you will have MMS working (may get a did not download message but the pic did download. If you reboot you will have to go in and edit your APN to clear out the default apn type, save it and good to go

Thanks, Crackeyes - these settings worked for me on my DNA (running Newt's M7 ROM, if that makes a difference). I didn't need to use GOSMS on mine. The settings you provided worked fine using the stock messaging app. I'm so happy (since I've tried settings posted in other threads and they didn't work or were missing some of the settings entries you posted).
The Following User Says Thank You to rossvtaylor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes