[ALPHA3][ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 UNOFFICIAL[1/4]

Tip us?

jre1981
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheek360 View Post
Your right. I confused it for the liquid version

The one that does boot has MMS issues. That's a no go for me.

Does this ROM (alpha3) have MMS issues?
No longer MMS issues on 4.1.2. It works fine. It will be resolved on 10.1 soon too isince sbrissen is on it
The Following User Says Thank You to jre1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sheek360
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jre1981 View Post
No longer MMS issues on 4.1.2. It works fine. It will be resolved on 10.1 soon too isince sbrissen is on it
Awesome!
gtalk; sheek360
twitter; sh33k360

lickarock
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ALPHA3][ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 UNOFFICIAL[1/4]

I just want to voice a quick opinion. I flashed this, and it ran brilliantly. It was buttery smooth, clean, battery was great on it. The only real known glitch I git was the popping in the speakers. This could easily be a beta release.

That being said... I only was able to tolerate it for a day before I went back to stock. CM is a great rom on most every phone. But with the loss of motion controls, number row on the keyboard, multi window, advanced spen functionality... and many of the other tiny tweaks samsung has made, I can honestly say my phone felt weakened to me.

Scott has done killer work here, as has the rest of the aosp team for this phone, and the CM devs. I am in no way shape or form knocking what they have done. It is an awesome rom. Just thought I might mention this if anyone was on the fence about trying it out, so that you know what to expect.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Nicgraner
Old
Thanks Meter 191

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ALPHA3][ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 UNOFFICIAL[1/4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickarock View Post
I just want to voice a quick opinion. I flashed this, and it ran brilliantly. It was buttery smooth, clean, battery was great on it. The only real known glitch I git was the popping in the speakers. This could easily be a beta release.

That being said... I only was able to tolerate it for a day before I went back to stock. CM is a great rom on most every phone. But with the loss of motion controls, number row on the keyboard, multi window, advanced spen functionality... and many of the other tiny tweaks samsung has made, I can honestly say my phone felt weakened to me.

Scott has done killer work here, as has the rest of the aosp team for this phone, and the CM devs. I am in no way shape or form knocking what they have done. It is an awesome rom. Just thought I might mention this if anyone was on the fence about trying it out, so that you know what to expect.

I didn't have any problems like that when I had it flashed...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Don't forget to say

Phone: G1 Bricked, MyTouch 4G Retired, HTC Evo LTE Retired, Note II Current
Rom: Paranoid Android/CMX Alphas

Makin' History!

droppinwobbles
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickarock View Post

see that is the great thing about android and CM tho. its so close to stock its like installing fresh windows.. and you build your own setup from there. ultra keyboard, ultimate rotation control, titanium backup, core sleeper, etc etc and you get alot of function that your missing. you can tell that i guess just from the rom size.. 150mb vs 700mb+ for TW lol.

oh on another note, i believe i found out how to fix rotation in alpha 3 for anyone who is still having problems with that. what i did was wipe everything 2x (or so. and minus external storage), i installed a TW rom and updated my profile and prl. then i wiped everything again except "data". then i installed an Alpha 1 CM rom and booted it up, after making sure rotation was working i then cleared caches and dirty flashed alpha 3. ever since then my alpha 3 has done rotation perfectly.

and on a 3rd note: my DSP manager seems to not work anymore. any ideas? lol

Fester9977
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just installed the CM10 rom and it looks and works great, definitely a great daily driver except for one problem I am having. I am periodically losing my data connection, and it is unable to restore the connection. The only way that I have been able to get it restarted in is by putting my phone into airplane mode waiting 30 sec, and then turning it off. I am seeing if there is trick or method to getting this to maintain its connection, or should I reflash the rom?
Samsung Note II w/ CM10.1
Samsung Epic w/ CM10

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
GO BIG RED!