FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

15th December 2012, 01:48 AM |#11  
blackbass595's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
So many questions...umm so we can flash governor and a profile at the same time.? What is the tweaks file for?
 
 
15th December 2012, 01:48 AM |#12  
rayhodge02's Avatar
Senior Member
psl fla
Thanks Meter: 410
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnnr14

Flashed fine for me in twrp

Sent from my unlocked beans rom Galaxy Note 2

thanx
15th December 2012, 01:49 AM |#13  
blackbass595's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Or would you flash the governor and the uncheck boot file then go back and flash a profile? What is the original setrtjng without a profile ?.....okay I think i got it. I just need to flash the kernel (the zip file) and start with profile 5. (Can I flash at the same time)

Then if there's problems I can flash the uncheck at boot file so it'll revert and I can make the changes? That about right.
Last edited by blackbass595; 15th December 2012 at 01:57 AM.
15th December 2012, 01:58 AM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Dear OP,

Thank you very much for bringing this to us. Is this kernel also compatible with CM10?
15th December 2012, 02:00 AM |#15  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,476
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkw480

Dear OP,

Thank you very much for bringing this to us. Is this kernel also compatible with CM10?

no I believe its for touchwiz only.
15th December 2012, 02:01 AM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbass595

Or would you flash the governor and the uncheck boot file then go back and flash a profile? What is the original setrtjng without a profile ?.....okay I think i got it. I just need to flash the kernel (the zip file) and start with profile 5. (Can I flash at the same time)

Then if there's problems I can flash the uncheck at boot file so it'll revert and I can make the changes? That about right.

You got it bro.
First kernel. Then 5. Have th others in hand. If 5 won't work for you you will be boot looped. The uncheck set on boot will save your ads then reboot. Then flash 4 etc until you are stable. Only one profile per boot flashing more just overrides your last change. The profile is applied at kernel boot

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
15th December 2012, 02:02 AM |#17  
blackbass595's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundal

You got it bro.
First kernel. Then 5. Have th others in hand. If 5 won't work for you you will be boot looped. The uncheck set on boot will save your ads then reboot. Then flash 4 etc until you are stable. Only one profile per boot flashing more just overrides your last change. The profile is applied at kernel boot

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Cool but can I do kernel and profile "x" at the same time?

And I hate to be "captain questions" here but what is the tweaks zip? Is that like an app it installs or a script or what?
Last edited by blackbass595; 15th December 2012 at 02:07 AM.
15th December 2012, 02:06 AM |#18  
droidstyle's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,476
 
Donate to Me
More
I just flashed the kernel only, rebooted, opened up STweaks from app drawer, set min to 300mhz, set max OC to 1800mhz, set gpu to 640mhz, and left the other settings stock for the time being. I gained 2500 points running antutu benchmark. 17200 stock, 19600 with flux kernel. Seems rock solid so far...need a couple days to see how battery life is with that much OC, but its SMOOTH!
15th December 2012, 02:07 AM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbass595

Cool but can I do kernel and profile "x" at the same time?

Yup jut do kernel first. Then 5g which will do gov tweaks and cpu gpu oc uv to the most aggressive voltage curve. If it Boot loops just flash 4 and continue
Also the set on boot uncheck is only needed if you want to retain your profile that caused a boot loop so you can adjust it
Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
15th December 2012, 02:08 AM |#20  
nnnnr14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lagrange
Thanks Meter: 250
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

I just flashed the kernel only, rebooted, opened up STweaks from app drawer, set OC to 1800mhz, set gpu to 640mhz, and left the other settings stock for the time being. I gained 2500 points running antutu benchmark. 17200 stock, 19600 with flux kernel.

What's flux? Or did you mean lux?

Sent from my unlocked, and overclocked Galaxy Note 2 running bean's rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes