5,605,766 Members 48,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][Apr 26] Perseus

Tip us?
 
opasha
Old
#631  
opasha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 1,307
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoing2406 View Post
So... Let me get this right.. Flash the kernel first. Then flash a profile of my liking.. Then everything is good from there..
yes, flash kernel. reboot. then flash profile. reboot. then flash governor tweaks (if you want), then reboot. let it sit for 3 minutes to avoid immediate bootloops of any kind. if you are using 5G and have a bootloop, you will have to remove battery then just reboot the phone and it will load to the main screen again...let it sit for a good 3 minutes, then go to stweaks and change min freq from 200 to 300 and it will be stable for that profile.
Devices: At&t Galaxy Note 3 (rooted), LG G Pad 8.3 (rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to opasha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
themichael
Old
#632  
themichael's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 437
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
yes, flash kernel. reboot. then flash profile. reboot. then flash governor tweaks (if you want), then reboot. let it sit for 3 minutes to avoid immediate bootloops of any kind. if you are using 5G and have a bootloop, you will have to remove battery then just reboot the phone and it will load to the main screen again...let it sit for a good 3 minutes, then go to stweaks and change min freq from 200 to 300 and it will be stable for that profile.
5g includes the governor tweaks. No need to flash it on top.
The Following User Says Thank You to themichael For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
opasha
Old
#633  
opasha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 1,307
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by themichael View Post
5g includes the governor tweaks. No need to flash it on top.
yep, you're correct. i was just speaking in general if he wants to flash anything else. that is the order he must flash. thanks.
Devices: At&t Galaxy Note 3 (rooted), LG G Pad 8.3 (rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to opasha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
keymaster911
Old
#634  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1117
Posts: 1,344
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Binghamton NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus

Thanks guys

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
 
DAD12345
Old
#635  
DAD12345's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 163
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default what values for jedi rom or will it even work ?

hoping to get it on the rom im on now is it for all tw roms ... thank you
 
chakra
Old
#636  
chakra's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 299
Posts: 1,485
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD12345 View Post
hoping to get it on the rom im on now is it for all tw roms ... thank you
Yes works on all TW roms, not AOSP.
 
imablackhat
Old
#637  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,872
Join Date: Sep 2005
Default Re: [Kernel][Feb 26] Perseus

Debating on trying a new kernel from stock. Im on clean rom 4.5 do you score higher bench and get better battery life screen on. And is it stable enough to dd. I mainly just use my phone for wifi ap

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
 
shrike1978
Old
#638  
shrike1978's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3094
Posts: 3,413
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by imablackhat View Post
Debating on trying a new kernel from stock. Im on clean rom 4.5 do you score higher bench and get better battery life screen on. And is it stable enough to dd. I mainly just use my phone for wifi ap

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
I'm a big believer in the power of a good kernel. I'm running profile 5G from the 6th post, and I get an Antutu of 18794 (if you care about that kind of thing). More importantly, everything is just smooth. I haven't had my Note for long enough to do any real comparisons, but today I have an hour of screen on time with 3 hours off of the charger and I'm at 90%. As a tinkerer in kernels myself, I have to say, this kernel is legit. I have no real desire to make my own for this phone since this one exists.
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.
 
FAUguy
Old
#639  
FAUguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 350
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South FL
I updated from the 32.1 to the 33 Kernel today. Still works just fine. I tried some of the color adjustments, but leaving the stock values still look best on the Note 2 that I'm using. I would wish the CPU was able to clock up to 1920 like some of the other kernels.
 
Admiral2145
Old
#640  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 171
Posts: 1,380
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: [Kernel][Feb 26] Perseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
I updated from the 32.1 to the 33 Kernel today. Still works just fine. I tried some of the color adjustments, but leaving the stock values still look best on the Note 2 that I'm using. I would wish the CPU was able to clock up to 1920 like some of the other kernels.
For what? Is your phone slow? I'm running 1.6GHz cpu and 533mhz gpu and it's fast as hell...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes