INDEX [UPDATED10/23/13] ASUS Transformer Infinity(TF700) ROMs/Tweaks/Guides Directory
The Unofficial Transformer Infinity(TF700) ROM & Kernel Listings v 2.0
It is finally time for a complete re-write of the guide, so here goes. Hopefully this will make it easier to follow and use!
I take no credit for the work represented here, and no credit for the idea, and no credit for incredible amount of work that has gone into figuring out how to cook tasty ROMs for the TF700. This is just an attempt to provide a quick and easy starting point for users looking for ROMs and their details.
If you have any [ROM/KERNEL] specific question ask in the appropriate thread for that. Please do not post them in the thread for this listing as you are not as likely to get your question answered as quickly as you would in the appropriate thread.
- Rooting: This is an operation that you do to a device that gives you "Root" level access to your tablet or phone or whatever. Other terms for this may be "SuperUser", it means you have access to the entire device, including areas that the manufacturer or provider may not want you to have access to.
- Unlocking: Unlocking is the step past rooting, where you "unlock" your bootloader. This gives you full access to the bootloader, and is the second part required in order to be able to flash new ROMs. **MAY VOID MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
- OTA: Over the Air Updates. These are the ROM updates that come directly from ASUS (or whomever built your tablet). When you root and flash you almost always lose OTAs.
- Flash (or Flashing): This is where you replace the Operating System for the device with a new one. There are many reasons for flashing, Google has lots of discussions about the topic.
- Bootloader: Computers have a process when you turn them on, the first part is the Bootloader which contains just enough information to tell the device where the harddrive is, etc. Accessing the bootloader is required in order to replace the ROM, or in other words to Flash your device.
- Recovery: This is an important part of the Android system, it allows you to turn on the device and get ALMOST to the full ROM load. Recovery is where you go to load custom ROMs, perform full backups and many other tasks. There are several different recovery apps, two of the most popular are CWM or ClockworkMod and TWRP. Most of the ROMs you will see are supported by one or both of these.
Hopefully this little bit of information helps, of course the opinions and answers are mine alone so if you have any issues let me know!
4.3 based ROMs
CMB ROMs TF700
: CM Based ROM with a dark theme.
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightlies
: Official nightly 4.3 builds
PAC-man AIO Offical:
: Hybridized ROM combining CM Nightlies, AOKP and Paranoid Android ROMs
4.2 based ROMs
: This is a true 4.2.x ROM for the TF700 with all sorts of goodies
Paranoid Android 3.69 (HALO)
: PA 4.2 based ROM for tablets and phones. Tons of control over everything.
HAIRYBEAN Unleash the Beast
: A new JB 4.2.1 based ROM for the ASUS Tablets.
: Built off the CM10.1 nightlies using Cornerstone. Provides multiwindow capabilities.
Baked Black Bean 8
:Latest and greatest from teamBAKED. Dark Bliss Black KANG ROM.
: Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies for the TF700. Now updated to the 4.2.2 Build
TF700 Stock Upgrade (Bootloader and 4.2.1)
: The newest ROM from ASUS, including 4.2.1!
4.1 based ROMs
CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.7
: Deodexed OC ROM based on scrosler's ROMs.
TF700 Stock ROM - JB 10.4.4.25
: Odex version of the Stock ASUS ROM, taken from the WW version but modded for any locale.
Linux Ports for the TF700
Multiboot Linux for Infinity TF700
evelopers thread for the WIP Linux port for the TF700
Native Arch Linux for TF700t
:WIP for 3.4.7 CROMI-based tablets. Currently on-hold while dev works on kernel for CROMi-X
Ubuntu for Infinity
: A dev build of Native Ubuntu Linux
Native Ubuntu on TF700
Lubuntu, LXDE Unity2D, Gnome for the Infinity!
: Great, stable and fast for 4.2 ROMs on the new bootloader
: Tweaked and improved version of Asus kernel
: CROMi Overclocked Kernel with lots of tweaks
: Great and Stable Kernel from Hundsbuah
: Updated and changed version of the CM10.x kernel. Verified on PA and LiquidSmooth ROMs
3.1.10 Kernel + CIFS + ROW
: A new kernel with some of the new experimental features.
A different approach and solution to improve I/O
Extended Power Menu
: Adds the option to Reboot or Reboot into Recovery. Only for JB 4.1.1 ROMs. for .16 or .18 Based ROMs [B][I][COLOR="Red"]
: Some performance, root and other tweaks
Disabled Scrolling Cache
: A performance tweak for deodexed ROMs that may improve lag.
Recovery and Backup
TWRP 188.8.131.52 Recovery
: Touch-based recovery tool with on-screen keyboard.
[TOUCH]ClocworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206
: Touch enabled version for JB ROMs and bootloaders.
[NON-TOUCH]ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11
A version of CWM for the TF700, used for backups and ROM Installation
NVFlash for the TF700
: NVFlash is a great utility that basically eliminates almost any chance of a software brick due to flashing or updating ROMs and Kernels.
All in one ADB Tool
: A veritable swiss army knife tool, automates updates, backups and other functions.
Guide/Tool - Update to Official JB then Root
: A guide to upgrading and rooting JB ROMs from the developer of Scott's ROMs
Manual Firmware Update using dlpkgfile
: Guide for those that want OTA but have unlocked
Restore Root if Lost After Upgrade to JB
: For those that lost Root after they upgraded.
All-in-One Guide for Asus Infinity
: So this is the mac-daddy of posts, one stop to root, flash, and unlocking. Well written, well laid out and easy to follow.
Restore to Stock Recovery
: For unlocked bootloaders, allows you to go back to the stock recovery and receive OTAs
: Quick Reference Resource Guide
: Links and instructions to unlock your Bootloader
How to Manually Update Firmware
: Explains how to manually perform OTAs