[KERNEL][STOCK|CROMI] that10 » stock++ kernel
This kernel is designed to be more stable than the stock kernel, with more features and more performance. Choose any three.
I do not include any changes that have no clear positive effect on these goals.
zImage (kernel binary) features:
- Asus 10.6.1.14.10 base
- Support for Samsung's F2FS filesystem (experimental)
- ISO 9660 + UDF support (CD/DVD filesystems)
- CIFS (for mounting Windows shares)
- ROW I/O scheduler v4 included as default (https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1862241/
), "deadline" is also available
- fsync control (echo 0 > /sys/class/misc/fsynccontrol/fsync_enabled)
- Overclocking up to 1800 MHz, based on clemsyn's patch, configurable clock frequencies for balanced and performance mode
- User voltage control for undervolting
- Crash fixes when reading various files in /sys
- mount space hack from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36889027
allows mounting across Android processes again (e.g. using CIFS Manager)
- NFS v3/v4 client (supports files > 2 GB)
- NFS v3/v4 server as module (untested, needs userspace tools which I haven't yet compiled)
- Framebuffer console at boot (Android penguins!)
- Keyboard dock: support for F1-F12 function keys, special key mappings for CyanogenMod and GNU/Linux (Esc, Insert, Delete, Alt, Windows)
- Support for various USB Ethernet adapters
- Kexec-able and able to kexec other kernels
- SELinux is not included for compatibility with the stock ROM's proprietary NTFS and exFAT drivers
- adbd with root access enabled in default.prop, ro.secure=0
- optimized mount options (noauto_da_alloc)
- init.d script support
- USB IDs for all Tegra 3 based Transformer models (init.xx.rc)
- does not set lcd_density (dpi unlocked), must/can be set in /system/build.prop instead
- preinit system for easy ramdisk customization without repacking or reflashing the kernel: if exists, runs a custom script "/system/boot/preinit" before Android init, e.g. for adding Data2SD detection, ROM2SD, etc.
- File-system auto-detection for use in preinit scripts
Flash the zip in recovery and reboot, the bootloader will move the kernel to its final place while showing a blue progress bar.
This kernel is compatible with the 10.6.1.14.x bootloaders and stock-based (Asus Android 4.2.1) ROMs that set lcd_density (dpi) in build.prop - in other words, this is the preferred kernel for CleanROM Inheritance.
It also works with other ROMs up to Android 4.4 (requires a preinit script to provide the corresponding ramdisk files) but may not support their special features. The kernel is derived from the original TF700T sources but is known to work also on the TF300.
You don't need an MD5 sum. Enable "Zip file signature verification" in TWRP instead - it checks the SHA1 checksum embedded in the archive, which is both more secure and more convenient.
Download the latest version here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=446
- Linux kernel devs and Asus for the base
- Gentoo devs for their easy "crossdev" toolchain-generation tool
- scrosler for the original CleanROM
- sbdags for CleanROM Inheritance
- Ezekeel for the fsynccontrol patch (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14685-ker...00#entry607555
- faux123 for the user voltage control patch
- clemsyn for the overclocking patch. I still use his frequency and voltage tables but rewrote the EDP handling.
- Hundsbuah for decoding the EDP limit tables and finding an f2fs patch that applies cleanly to our kernel
- cogano for improving the dock key mapping for native Linux
Guide for unpacking and repacking kernel blobs and boot images -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...80&postcount=4
_that-kernel, Kernel for the Asus Transformer TF700
Kernel Special Features:
Stock kernel with more stability, more features and more performance. Choose any three.
Current Stable Version:
Stable Release Date:
Current Beta Version:
Beta Release Date: