FORUMS

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

OnePlus 2 Leaked, Actually Prettier Than Expected

The OnePlus 2 launch event is mere hours away, and we have been treated to clear, … more

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Android 4.2 WIP

3,589 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,539

By madmack, Senior Member on 15th December 2012, 08:55 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th December 2012, 08:08 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 452

More
I wiped everything, and now GPS is working! Now I can go party Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

16th December 2012, 09:12 AM |#22  
Flag Rio Grande
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Voice calls are not working how can I fix this
16th December 2012, 10:34 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegapega02

Voice calls are not working how can I fix this

There's an OP... You should read it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cashyftw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2012, 09:57 PM |#24  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Madmack - Any word on if you will be getting official support from CM? I know you were going to contact the CM admin team and wanted to see if you got a response?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
16th December 2012, 10:19 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBandit

Madmack - Any word on if you will be getting official support from CM? I know you were going to contact the CM admin team and wanted to see if you got a response?

no reply yet.

my gerrit submission is getting some feedback however so that is moving in the right track.

it might take a little while before everything is approved and merged.

of course all of this is for cm10. Not the version in this topic. I'm personally using cm10 as a dd and I think it's stable to be merged into the mainline cm nightlies.

cm10.1 is a whole different story.

16th December 2012, 10:31 PM |#26  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

no reply yet.

my gerrit submission is getting some feedback however so that is moving in the right track.

it might take a little while before everything is approved and merged.

of course all of this is for cm10. Not the version in this topic. I'm personally using cm10 as a dd and I think it's stable to be merged into the mainline cm nightlies.

cm10.1 is a whole different story.

Fair enough I'm using cm 10 as a dd too and I can understand that...hopefully the gerrit response will help in the 10.1 development too...thanks again dude

17th December 2012, 08:10 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Wake wakey

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium
17th December 2012, 04:46 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Been moving between this, CM10 and the stock backup. I just finished reformatting the 64 mSD to FAT32 via HP USB tool. I can, via TWRP, make backups, restore, transfer files via file manager and recognize the correct storage amount. I boot back into any ROM and I get damaged SD notification. Thoughts?

Tested perfect in both W7/Dell and a newer iMac. And yes I've flashed the patch. Tested a 16GB and that works fine in the Note. Frustrated.
Last edited by bmstrong; 17th December 2012 at 07:05 PM.
17th December 2012, 06:06 PM |#29  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 167

More
I must say if you havent read from other thread. I re-tract my idea to move onto 10.1. I think 10.0 should be 100% and merged and 10.1->20.1 will come after. I think the goal should be to getting this device merged. See my notes on the other thread.
17th December 2012, 07:51 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstrong

Been moving between this, CM10 and the stock backup. I just finished reformatting the 64 mSD to FAT32 via HP USB tool. I can, via TWRP, make backups, restore, transfer files via file manager and recognize the correct storage amount. I boot back into any ROM and I get damaged SD notification. Thoughts?

Tested perfect in both W7/Dell and a newer iMac. And yes I've flashed the patch. Tested a 16GB and that works fine in the Note. Frustrated.

no idea man. i don't have that issue here. when you boot back to "any rom", maybe that any rom is not liking fat32 although i highly doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeninja99

I must say if you havent read from other thread. I re-tract my idea to move onto 10.1. I think 10.0 should be 100% and merged and 10.1->20.1 will come after. I think the goal should be to getting this device merged. See my notes on the other thread.

I disagree. Getting cm10 merged will not magically pop cm10.1 out. We have a serious pending open source audio issue here and merging cm10 won't help it in any way.

For me personally I couldn't care less whether CM10 gets officially supported or not. I just don't want to see anybody merge my work without any creds. I personally use the build in the CM10 OP as a daily driver and I'm very happy with it. This cm10.1 in call audio is more of a "fun project" so I do flash 4.2 from time to time to see if I can somehow fix it. Would love to see someone else with ril audio experience join and chime in. I tried my best to make my sources as readily available as possible.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2012, 08:09 PM |#31  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio, Tx

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

no idea man. i don't have that issue here. when you boot back to "any rom", maybe that any rom is not liking fat32 although i highly doubt it.

I disagree. Getting cm10 merged will not magically pop cm10.1 out. We have a serious pending open source audio issue here and merging cm10 won't help it in any way.

For me personally I couldn't care less whether CM10 gets officially supported or not. I just don't want to see anybody merge my work without any creds. I personally use the build in the CM10 OP as a daily driver and I'm very happy with it. This cm10.1 in call audio is more of a "fun project" so I do flash 4.2 from time to time to see if I can somehow fix it. Would love to see someone else with ril audio experience join and chime in. I tried my best to make my sources as readily available as possible.

(warning bs incoming, no experience in rom dev of any kind, much less specific hw components.)

Without source or at least hw specific understanding of what is going on arnt we just basically putting shots in the dark and hoping ital work as far as opensouce audio goes? I mean we can throw code at it for devices we believe might have a similar setup but its still just hit & miss.

Can we get raw data from the hardware and from that try to extrapolate whats going on from there? Obviously we would need to get someone who can interpret the raw data.

Edit: (further thought above seems stupid). /me is thinking...i need to actually dig into this b4 making any comments, ignore above
Last edited by jug6ernaut; 17th December 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread