(guide) how to root generic tablets with ics 4.0.4 (a13)

Search This thread

gesange

Jan 10, 2012
Gornji Petrovci
So today we see many tablets that are very cheap and the price starts from 100 dollars and even less. :D

Many consumers buy them and are happy with the stock setting but some of us want to get the most of the device and we now how we call this-------exactly ROOTING :D

But there we get this problems like:
Who is the manufacturer?
Why there is no information about the device?
Why ADB dont work?
and so on.......

My Father picked up a EXPLORE X770 like you can see on the pictures and the specs too ( ist a A13 device ) and cost 80 euros......he buyed it as a christmas present for my mother :)
Its quite fast but even my mother asked me the first minutes of use: Hey can you root it? :D

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

So I did with these steps:
Download DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.rar; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601038

Download PDAnet (ADB drivers for tablets - how to install is described in the LInk); http://www.topnotchtablets.com/installADBdriver

Enable UNKNOWN SOURCES and Connect your tab in USB DEBUGGING mode, then run runme.bat file from the package.
Sit back read the on screen instructions
The device will reboot a couple of times
When the script finishes it will say "ALL DONE" Your tablet is rooted.

:cool:HIT THE THANKS IF YOU THINK THIS POST IS USEFUL ETC :cool:

antony92s

Feb 3, 2012
Problem

hello everyone I hope that you will be able to solve my problem then voila I have a A13 and i-MID ssuivi the tutorial to the letter are unknown sources and debugging enabled USB is enabled and also when I run the runme makes me starting, waiting for device
-daemon not runnig.starting it now
-daemon started successfully
and nothing happens and when I run the PdaNet puts me error 103 what? because I need after the rooter to use my external memory as internal memory.
thank you bye

brewy

Sep 21, 2012
newcastle
www.facebook.com
I got giving an a13 M010SQ8 it came rooted running ics 4.0.4 did any of you try root checker first ? mine is also nuclear build and from what iv been reading every a13 must be different

Sent from my M010SQ8 using XDA Premium HD app

gesange

Jan 10, 2012
Gornji Petrovci
My friend bought the same as you recieved and it didn't came rooted.
Some of those chinese clone bunnys are some not i quess.

Sent from my shooteru using Tapatalk 2

brewy

Sep 21, 2012
newcastle
www.facebook.com
I'm not going to bother with cwm recovery or flashing jellybean there isn't any working firmware and I don't think there will ever be

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

gesange

Jan 10, 2012
Gornji Petrovci
I'm not going to bother with cwm recovery or flashing jellybean there isn't any working firmware and I don't think there will ever be

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

I dont think its worth to try even a JB rom because you might end up without touchscreen working etc......i left it at 4.0 and end of story

Sent from my shooteru using Tapatalk 2

phantroid

Jan 21, 2013
So , i guess its not gonna work with my i-life wtab 702 running on jb 4.1.1 .
any possibilitiy to root this?

panochapower

Jul 10, 2013
LAX
ROOT only: AllWinner (A13) TWD_MID 2G Tablet

So today we see many tablets that are very cheap and the price starts from 100 dollars and even less. :D

Many consumers buy them and are happy with the stock setting but some of us want to get the most of the device and we now how we call this-------exactly ROOTING :D

Who is the manufacturer?
Why ADB dont work?
and so on.......

My Father picked up a EXPLORE X770 like you can see on the pictures and the specs too ( ist a A13 device ) and cost 80 euros......he buyed it as a christmas present for my mother :)
Its quite fast but even my mother asked me the first minutes of use: Hey can you root it? :D

View attachment 1566537

View attachment 1566538

View attachment 1566539

View attachment 1566540

View attachment 1566541

Download DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.rar; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601038

Download PDAnet (ADB drivers for tablets - how to install is described in the LInk); http://www.topnotchtablets.com/installADBdriver

Enable UNKNOWN SOURCES and Connect your tab in USB DEBUGGING mode, then run runme.bat file from the package.

THIS IS FOR (ROOT ONLY) ALLWINNER (A13) TWD_MID 2G TABLET w/ ICS 4.0.4
I never could find firmware from AllWinner (hopefully it's OK to provide their site: allwinner & allwinnertech dot com), never could find usb driver(s) & never could get the tablet or my pc to recognize each other (nothing here worked). Frustration & ignorance made me wonder why you have to have a pc to root an android device. I still don't have that understanding. What I DO have is an .apk that successfully rooted this tablet - here's the what & how:
1) dl these on the tablet: "framaroot 1.5.1" (available here courtesy of Alephzain - THANK YOU), a file manager if you don't have one (I have ASTRO), and "Root Checker" (free, google play store)
2) pre-root tablet settings: settings>dev options> enable USBdebugging
settings>security> enable unknown sources
3) run framaroot - in a blink it's done. run root checker to verify. go back into settings & uncheck usbdebug & unkn sources
There wasn't much to rooting this device - I wanted to practice on something before attempting anything exotic on my LG MS910 (MetroPCS).
This tablet already has ICS & I won't be too surprised if there never is a JB ROM that works 100% (I keep reading about touchscreen issues) but I'm learning & little successes like this are motivating.

Toxbon

Feb 3, 2013
Wonderland
Allwinner a13 rom

Hi thanks for your post but I have a different problem. After spending my time on googling I managed to confim the model chipset. However my tablet is stuck in bootloop and I am unable to get into recovery mode. Is there any software like restore binary for MMX canvas where you can flash rom while tab is turned off. I just want to install a recovery and turn on the tablet.:rolleyes:

afox27

Jul 5, 2013
Nice job works with trio stealth g2 7inch tab

Sent from my G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Who is the manufacturer?
    Why ADB dont work?
    and so on.......

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Hit that thanks button for ya ;)

Thanks so much!Finally i have gotten the adb drivers working and rooted it for my
    Allwinner A13 Nuclear Android 4.0.4
    THANK YOU!
    Does it works with any generic tablet? I have a GT-7240 (7inch by.Genesis).

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
    :good: :good: It's all good :D It work's for me !
    Ampe a85 fashion
    http :// www. topnotchtablets .com/ installADBdriver
    Dead link ! :(

try click this link again http://www.topnotchtablets.com/installADBdriver
    the link just work fine with me :D