5,605,120 Members 37,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have a Screen protector installed?
Yes, Can't go without one 69 28.75%
No, I like my screen naked 168 70.00%
Other like Crystalusion 3 1.25%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

screen protector. Yay or Nay?

Tip us?
 
jackie_jagger
Old
#1  
jackie_jagger's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 905
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, CA
Default screen protector. Yay or Nay?

So I'm just wondering how is everyone using their tablets.

Screen protector or no or are you using an alternative method like crystalusion.

Pros of a naked screen:
  • Better screen display quality.
  • the true naked feel

Cons of no screen protector:
  • risk of scratches
  • constantly wiping fingerprints.

what is the community doing now, let's collect few response and try to put them in one place.
 
orellius
Old
#2  
orellius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 136
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calgary
Will be putting a Ghost Armor (screen only) on this week when it comes in, got a kiosk in Calgary to order it in.
 
tietherope
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 889
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
I put the SGP screen protector on and I like it. I don't notice a drop in quality at all as it's not a matte protector. With that said fingerprints are just as bad as the naked screen.

www.spigen.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
 
espionage724
Old
(Last edited by espionage724; 16th December 2012 at 08:55 PM.)
#4  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 2,466
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Naked But Crystalusion does sound very interesting...

Edit: It sounds really interesting actually I almost want to buy it and just put it all over my entire Nexus 10, but would it affect the grip-ability of the back too much?


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
daLareid
Old
#5  
daLareid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 242
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
Naked But Crystalusion does sound very interesting...

Edit: It sounds really interesting actually I almost want to buy it and just put it all over my entire Nexus 10, but would it affect the grip-ability of the back too much?
to be honest, i can't go on with an unprotected device, like yourself i just read about this crystalusion for the first time ever and it does sound pretty amazing, could anybody who's used this liquid glass please care to share their input about it please?
 
espionage724
Old
#6  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 2,466
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daLareid View Post
to be honest, i can't go on with an unprotected device, like yourself i just read about this crystalusion for the first time ever and it does sound pretty amazing, could anybody who's used this liquid glass please care to share their input about it please?
It seems to be about $21 to order it ($18 off ebay); seems like a 1-pack-1-device kind of thing though... (I have quite a few things I'd love to use it on, but can't really spend around $20 per device though)

I emailed the manufacturer of Crystalusion about my concern with the rubber back grip; hopefully they respond with something positive though


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
LowSky
Old
#7  
LowSky's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 85
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Poughkeepsie
I've tried protectors before and they all seem to stink. They feel like rubber or take scratches poorly and dirt builds up around their edges.

My Galaxy S3 and my Asus TF201 never got a scratch. My TF201 did shatter but no screen protector was going to stop that.
"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing." -- Albert Einstein
 
daLareid
Old
#8  
daLareid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 242
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724 View Post
It seems to be about $21 to order it ($18 off ebay); seems like a 1-pack-1-device kind of thing though... (I have quite a few things I'd love to use it on, but can't really spend around $20 per device though)

I emailed the manufacturer of Crystalusion about my concern with the rubber back grip; hopefully they respond with something positive though
Try their website, 6.99 + shipping
http://www.crystalusion.com/order.html
although I'm guessing shipping may be higher for us not in the UK.
 
jackie_jagger
Old
#9  
jackie_jagger's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 905
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by daLareid View Post
Try their website, 6.99 + shipping
http://www.crystalusion.com/order.html
although I'm guessing shipping may be higher for us not in the UK.
I think it's about 12 for the product with shipping.
 
espionage724
Old
#10  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 2,466
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daLareid View Post
Try their website, 6.99 + shipping
http://www.crystalusion.com/order.html
although I'm guessing shipping may be higher for us not in the UK.
$21.45 USD is what it shows for me.


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes