Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have a Screen protector installed?
Yes, Can't go without one 69 28.75%
No, I like my screen naked 168 70.00%
Other like Crystalusion 3 1.25%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

screen protector. Yay or Nay?

Tip us?

holladay08mtm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerope View Post
How stupid can one be to not cut away the top right corner flap and use the original protector without hindering the experience?
Omg now I don't feel so cheap I did the same thing.. It works fine too. I'm not paying alot unless they make a Moshi or some type of bubble free one.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

havi007
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
How stupid can one be to not cut away the top right corner flap and use the original protector without hindering the experience?
I did this since day 1 release date. I have a few scratches. I am now considering this

http://www.dynaflousa.com/product_in...roducts_id=127

has anyone tried this on a nexus 10

saryu
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
i've done that for few days. Then i brace myself and take it out. Man, you might think that original protector don't bring the quality down and the screen is amazing, you are wrong. After i took it out, GOD THIS SCREEN IS TRULY AMAZING.
Note 3-Tmobile

cuedroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saryu View Post
i've done that for few days. Then i brace myself and take it out. Man, you might think that original protector don't bring the quality down and the screen is amazing, you are wrong. After i took it out, GOD THIS SCREEN IS TRULY AMAZING.
I took my screen protector off this morning. The stylus is much more responsive. The screen is amazing! I was scared, and nervous; but I did it!

Jayrod1980
Old
Thanks Meter 595
Careful, the screen does scratch easily. Sadly with a screen this big it is very hard to get it on right. First one by bse had bubbles i couldn't remove, and that is after installing at least 20 kits on various devices. The second was a skinomi and it is nasty rubbery like the xo skins type. Also, even though there are no bubbles, its very opaque compared to the bse protector i used. I want to put a cover on the screen but they make the screen ugly in a way that's not apparent on the phones that I've installed wet type protectors on.

Sent from my often RMA'd Nexus 4

JLowe
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yeah liquid armor
Devices: HTC One (M7) Silver 32 GB Android 4.42 ARHD / Nokia Lumia 1020 Black 32GB Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Edition 8.10.12382.878 / Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) Black 16GB Android 4.4.2 SlimSaber

HolyChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So there has been a few mentions of Crystalusion on this thread but I cant find anyone saying they have used it on their Nexus 10. Has anyone indeed used it and if so what are their initial impressions? I really want to protect my N10 but in my research about cases for it I have gotten then impression that the use of a case with it will only put you at risk of overheating and damaging your device? Is this true or am I reading into things too much?

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChicken View Post
...I have gotten then impression that the use of a case with it will only put you at risk of overheating and damaging your device? Is this true or am I reading into things too much?
Well, it was known for a while now that the N10 will drop CPU frequency when it became too warm, but recent information actually shows that the CPU temperatures aren't "exact" (there is no CPU temp sensor; temps are generated based off an algorithm that is based on frequencies, time, and voltages). I don't really see a case having too much of an impact at all on overall temps, but idk.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

thacounty
Old
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
I'm rocking the Skinomi and I really like it. It is pretty much a Zagg HD for less than 10 bucks.
Google Nexus 5 - Rooted - Unlocked/Untampered - Stock - CWM Recovery

"If you ever want to hide anything on XDA, just put it in the OP"

plastikowl
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Also using the skinomi and I like it a lot. It looked like crap right after I put it on, but the instructions said the streaks would go away. I was REALLY skeptical, but left it overnight and it looked great!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app