[Q] xperia tablet s release 6b root

Search This thread

dkitty

Feb 10, 2009
hi guys:
I am wondering if the release 6b is rootable. I just purchased a chinese spec xperia tablet s, and is in the process of installing all google services back on this tablet. For those of you who want to ask, they take out all google service (sync, gmail, map, etc) from china spec android devices (I had no idea until I purchased the tablet) . To make google play work I am gonna have to root the tablet. I tried bin4ry's script and it gives me no luck.
If release 6b is rootable then can someone talk me through the process or give me a tutorial? Also, when signing VpnFaker.apk, is it absolutely necessary to do a factory reset on the tablet?
thanks in advance

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
hi guys:
I am wondering if the release 6b is rootable. I just purchased a chinese spec xperia tablet s, and is in the process of installing all google services back on this tablet. For those of you who want to ask, they take out all google service (sync, gmail, map, etc) from china spec android devices (I had no idea until I purchased the tablet) . To make google play work I am gonna have to root the tablet. I tried bin4ry's script and it gives me no luck.
If release 6b is rootable then can someone talk me through the process or give me a tutorial? Also, when signing VpnFaker.apk, is it absolutely necessary to do a factory reset on the tablet?
thanks in advance

R6a and R6b are currently NOT rootable :mad:

Reactions: dkitty

reptile64

Aug 7, 2008
Thessaloniki
The only reason I regret buying this tablet is the zero support from Sony and developers! Too bad it's such a nice device :/

Ubichinon

Nov 17, 2012
Call me crazy but i dont miss root that much.. On my xperia arc s, i cant live without it, but here.... Meh :p

yunox

Feb 20, 2013
Call me crazy but i dont miss root that much.. On my xperia arc s, i cant live without it, but here.... Meh :p

You Sir, you are crazy ! :fingers-crossed: Joking aside.. ive also 6b unfortunately and i need root for some apps. And Sony give us a ****.. no answers, no news... NOTHING. I think Jelly Bean is just a dream for the XTS.. sadly. Without root rights i cant live so i will sell my (brand new) tablet in the next months. Oh yeah and.. i will never buy a Sony Tablet again in my life!.

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
You Sir, you are crazy ! :fingers-crossed: Joking aside.. ive also 6b unfortunately and i need root for some apps. And Sony give us a ****.. no answers, no news... NOTHING. I think Jelly Bean is just a dream for the XTS.. sadly. Without root rights i cant live so i will sell my (brand new) tablet in the next months. Oh yeah and.. i will never buy a Sony Tablet again in my life!.

Never say never! :p You may be keen for an Xperia Z Tab, it is developed (and supported) by Sony Mobile, it is on Sony PC Companion so it will take FTF (FlashTool Files) and the devs of Flash Tool should be able to add support.

If you have experience with Sony Mobiles you will know how easy it is to repair a phone and change firmware at any time :D

Just a thought....

Stifilz

alkhemista

Nov 5, 2012
Is there any logical, defensible reason for Sony to disallow root and unlock on this tablet? Is this VAIO team really THAT stupid? Or is there another reason... Like ps4 secrets?

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys:
    thanks in advance

R6a and R6b are currently NOT rootable :mad:
    Any news for our Tablets? Is there any other way to root release 6b ...?? :(