Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root LG Nitro HD Att ICS (Works like a Charm)

OP reddevil_sen

17th December 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 16

81 posts
More
Hi Guys,

This is my 1st thread to guide you to correct resource rather as many of us have struggled to root the AtT ICS version ROMs.

I was on leaked iCS v18f installed immediately when available, struggled hard to root it.. Tsparky, Doomlord, SuperOneClick, manual root,. No go for more than a couple of months.. Found the Bin4ry root method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

Worked in 1st attempt.
Thought it should work on V20c as well,, upgraded to v20c.. rooted in 1st attempt again (no surprise there)
UI is smooth as silk and response is awesome..

Right now Rooted, no-frills CPU, ADW Launcher Ex and Network Selection Tweak by -ReaL-. (as the *#*#4636#*#* code to choose network selection is removed on V20c) THANKS A LOT..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1823399

My Phone is a like a ripe cherry for the 1st time and I am jus loving it...

Thanks to all the mods and developers..

NOTE: Confirmed working on both ICS versions V18f and v20C, single attempts, though doesnt work on Gingerbread as explained in the linked post.
Last edited by reddevil_sen; 17th December 2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reddevil_sen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Unhappy Doesnt work
I tried the method provided, and i followed the instructions and no luck for me with my LG nitro, with stock ICS on it
18th December 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

81 posts
More
Lightbulb Device detection
Make sure USB Debugging under "Development section" and Unknown Sources under "Security" are selected.

Launch the "command prompt" as Administrator. Make sure it lists your mobile phone when you run the command "stuff\adb devices" U r good to go..

If it doesn't, then the drivers are not installed properly, check in Device Manager there are no unknown devices or devices with yellow exclamation marks etc.. Make sure drivers are installed properly. The above condition should be met to root your device.

Please go through the video tutorial in the link attached for Bin4ary root method
18th December 2012, 11:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

81 posts
More
Cool Attn Mods
Hi MODs,

If you think this should not be as a separate thread, please merge this with any existing thread about rooting P930 with AT&T ICS

Thanks..
19th December 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up Works like a charm
Many thanks, it took me 5 minutes to download and root my nitro(official ICS).

I recommend making this thread as sticky thread for rooting.
21st December 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

81 posts
More
It works but you don't have full root, SU and CWM can be install but when I attempt to boot into recovery, I get the boot certification error. Damn LG for subscribing to the Secure Boot fad, started by Micro$oft. I have the LG MultFlash Tool, where can I download a Stock AT&T Gingerbread firmware?
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotsman828 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kansas City, Mo
Thanks Meter: 58

302 posts
More
Check in one of the various unbricking threads there you will find all the files and instructions required. Good luck

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
22nd December 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

81 posts
More
Anyone else get the same result on V20C, after rooting and flashing CWM cannot reboot into Recovery Mode? It just boots into Fastboot because of boot certificate error. Anyone have an ADB solution that can work in Fastboot?
22nd December 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kansas City, Mo
Thanks Meter: 58

302 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman828

Anyone else get the same result on V20C, after rooting and flashing CWM cannot reboot into Recovery Mode? It just boots into Fastboot because of boot certificate error. Anyone have an ADB solution that can work in Fastboot?

Okay, once again. YOU HAVE TO UNBRICK NOW. LOOK IN ONE OF SEVERAL UNBRICKING GUIDES FOR OUR DEVICE TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE. Sorry but there is simply no way around it.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
23rd December 2012, 12:33 AM   |  #10  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 550

1,561 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman828

Unbrick to flash CWM... only way coming from V20C. If there was a simpler way it would have probably been posted, but there's not.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread