Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [24JUL] [AOKP] IceColdJelly422 - 3.8 - JellyBean 4.2.2_r1.2

Tip us?

n3ocort3x
Old
Thanks Meter 10848

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] [15FEB] [AOKP] IceColdJelly421 - 2.1 - JellyBean 4.2.2_r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbpereira View Post
Same as you. With 2.14 and 17d. 2 or 3 signals dropdowns yesterday.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
ok so im not the only one... crap...

================================================== ======================
========== ICE COLD JELLY COMMUNITY ON G+ ->>LINK ============
================ FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ->> LINK ==================

Nilepiels
Old
(Last edited by Nilepiels; 23rd February 2013 at 03:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ocort3x View Post
we allready know.

@all is anyone here that also have issues with signal? i loose everday at least 2 or 3 times signal completely. only a reboot solves the issue. i thought it was related to baseband or ril and so i used old one. bust still no luck...

I had soft reboots followed by a loss of signal, which could only be resolved by reboot. This happened when i flashed kernel + modules manually.

After that i did a fresh build from source and full wipe and use the boot.img from the zip. Rom is rock stable for 2 days now. kernel #50 = 17b right?

Probably makes no sense, but thought i should share my experiene
Phone: HTC One M8
SunShine S-OFF
Rom: InsertCoin
Recovey: TWRP

xzirri
Old
Thanks Meter 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoffshore View Post
That's what I am saying but also people need to understand they work for some and not for others I have never have prob with radio/baseband but I never flash dirty these things happen we are testing custom ROMs if you do not want to test and are not prepared to have problems you can flash the final release

Oh and childish sarcasm really go's down well with me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
I did a full wipe this time, clean install. I had signal for an hour or so but then I lost it. Tried rebooting, doesn't help, still no signal. This started happening after kernel v17b so my guess is that it's kernel related...

Sent from my HTC One X
Current device:
HTC One X running IceColdJelly422 3.8
Thank you Football for all you've done for the One X...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former devices:
HTC S710 with Windows Mobile 6.5
HTC Desire with Cyanogenmod 7.2
A whole bunch of good old Nokia brick phones

n3ocort3x
Old
Thanks Meter 10848

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzirri View Post
I did a full wipe this time, clean install. I had signal for an hour or so but then I lost it. Tried rebooting, doesn't help, still no signal. This started happening after kernel v17b so my guess is that it's kernel related...

Sent from my HTC One X
i do t think so. i looked allready into kernel messages and saw nothing. also i havent touched anuthing related to baseband or such stuff

========== ICE COLD JELLY COMMUNITY ON G+ ->>LINK ============
================ FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ->> LINK ==================

andy_pp
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_pp View Post
Quote:
Guys I would like to point out the all the builds I do are clean builds I never build over the top of the last one also I never change anything cos they are what LC wants us to build as tests and also they ate test builds so there could be problems as it states in OP a full wipe is advised
That's really useful, thanks.
I've been using the ones done automatically by emanolas and dropped here, they're also clean builds from source so it shouldn't matter which ones people pick to test.
That's what I am saying but also people need to understand they work for some and not for others I have never have prob with radio/baseband but I never flash dirty these things happen we are testing custom ROMs if you do not want to test and are not prepared to have problems you can flash the final release

Oh and childish sarcasm really go's down well with me.
Eh? I wasn't being sarcastic, I really do think it's useful that several people are building from source and putting up test builds for people to try. I'm sorry if you read it differently, that wasn't my intention. Every test build can only be as good as the source has got to at that stage, if we knew there were no bugs in it there would be no need to test it. If we do find bugs, especially in test builds, that's advancing the state of knowledge; each one we find is one more bug that won't be in a full release version
OneX: LorD's IceColdJelly422, Advent Vega: VegaCream, Desire S: blindndumb's JB 4.2 AOKP, HD2: tytung's NexusHD2 JB, Xperia X1, SPV C500

xzirri
Old
Thanks Meter 58

Could it be Root Call Blocker Pro that breaks it? I disabled it and rebooted and now I have network. It's weird though because I used it with ICJ 2.1 without issues I have an annoying ex who keeps calling me with hidden caller ID and so on and that's why I can't start using any test build if RCB breaks it

Sent from my HTC One X
Current device:
HTC One X running IceColdJelly422 3.8
Thank you Football for all you've done for the One X...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former devices:
HTC S710 with Windows Mobile 6.5
HTC Desire with Cyanogenmod 7.2
A whole bunch of good old Nokia brick phones
The Following User Says Thank You to xzirri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brac20
Old
Thanks Meter 70

I'm on 2.1.14 I know you say we shouldn't use it but other than the occasional signal issues it's so smooth.

I do intend to switch back to 2.1 but I haven't had time to do it today.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

radici
Old
Thanks Meter 4
a little clarification please. re installing the latest hboot, how can I decipher what is the latest for device? I have ASIA-WWE htc__044 (x.xx.707.x) and the hboot is currently 0.96.0000 on my device. I am seeing OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.17.707.3-1.29.707.11_release_278501swqci0rxt8n4m2hf.zip and RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.17.707.3_Ra dio_2.1204.135.20_release_278245_signed.exe

first, which should I install? should i go with the RUU file and does that then update the hboot?

z3xi0n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Since I did the update to 2.1 my phone always activates voice input and I have to deactivate it about every 5-6 hours. Any ideas how to fix it? I don't need it and the voice input icon on my keyboard is really annoying because I often need the coma...

cheers!

mattoffshore
Old
(Last edited by mattoffshore; 23rd February 2013 at 04:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by radici View Post
a little clarification please. re installing the latest hboot, how can I decipher what is the latest for device? I have ASIA-WWE htc__044 (x.xx.707.x) and the hboot is currently 0.96.0000 on my device. I am seeing OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.17.707.3-1.29.707.11_release_278501swqci0rxt8n4m2hf.zip and RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_2.17.707.3_Ra dio_2.1204.135.20_release_278245_signed.exe

first, which should I install? should i go with the RUU file and does that then update the hboot?
1.36 is the highest hboot at the moment I am on same one

Edit if you go to the first link in my signature there is a tool in there you can download jbwflash tool follow instructions and you will be all good

PS. I have used this it very easy and quick you need the unlock code HTC give you when you unlocked bootloader and the ROM's boot.img you want to flash the tool does the rest

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Tags
aokp, icecold, icecoldjelly, icj, kernel, lord clockan, n3o, one x