Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 49,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V5.0.0 ATT] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock Image

Tip us?

mskip
Old
(Last edited by mskip; 3rd February 2013 at 12:30 AM.)
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by uly609 View Post
didn't really find a straight answer.. does this work for 4.1.2?
The Auto Update version supports the 4.1.1 ALK7 build but I wasnt made aware of a 4.1.2 update and if noone tells me theres not much I can do. I checked Samsung Updates and a stock firmware image for 4.1.2 is not available so I cannot grab the boot image.

If you can flash cwm recovery (which will work on any build) then make a tar format nand backup and send me the boot image, then I can root it and add support for that build to the Toolkit. I also need the build number for the Toolkit.

Mark.

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreVayl View Post
DO i have to be rooted to perform nandroid backup. I would like to Nandroid back up. its original state. then have fun with the roms and etc. but i want th option to go back to its original state,. Please let me know.

I like the auto update. kool feature
A NAND backup via the Toolkit required root and busybox installed to perform the backup. If you want a pure unaltered backup then flash a custom recovery and make a backup. Everything will be pure stock apart from the recovery image which you can flash after if you wish. Also you do not need to be rooted in order to flash Roms via custom recovery.

Mark.

DaKidSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does this work on the Rogers Note 2 4.1.2 update. We just got it yesterday. MVLBMA3 is the baseband. Kernel is 3.0.31-861899 and the build is JZO54K. I317MVLBMA3

eraste
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
The Auto Update version supports the 4.1.1 ALK7 build but I wasnt made aware of a 4.1.2 update and if noone tells me theres not much I can do. I checked Samsung Updates and a stock firmware image for 4.1.2 is not available so I cannot grab the boot image.

If you can flash cwm recovery (which will work on any build) then make a tar format nand backup and send me the boot image, then I can root it and add support for that build to the Toolkit. I also need the build number for the Toolkit.

Mark.
Im confuseded, The att alk7 (l317UCALK7) update is 4.1.2 not 4.1.1 is it not?
Create Your own windows multi tool!
Android live wallpapers

Like Us on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

Device:
Samsung Galaxy S4 (ATT) SGH-i337
Baseband: MDL
Android: 4.2.2
Recovery: OUDHS CWM-based 1.0.3.4

Zaatour36
Old
Thanks Meter 2
thank you so much,

I had great faith in since u have done GS3, then I bought N7, then bought GN2 ATT, which is all supported by you

I will donate again

Zaatour36

y2whisper
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Just made the leap from the GS3 to Note 2 glad to see you here. Do you still need the backup? If so I will look to get you that.
Google Nexus 5 by LG 32GB
Slimkat 6.6
Faux Kernel

Google Nexus 7 by Asus 32GB
Stock L Preview - Rooted
Stock Kernel

zer0cloud
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So I downloaded 3.0 gn2 toolkit and saw that there was an update to 3.2 (donation of course, which I will) wondering if this update will include At&t 4.1.2 image?? Thanks for everything!

wherestheanykey
Old
(Last edited by wherestheanykey; 23rd February 2013 at 01:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cloud View Post
So I downloaded 3.0 gn2 toolkit and saw that there was an update to 3.2 (donation of course, which I will) wondering if this update will include At&t 4.1.2 image?? Thanks for everything!
Yes it does.

Update: Just to clarify, it is the LK2 version not the MA4.

slakker97
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Storage Donation

First Thx for all the hard work on this toolkit looks rock solid... second i donated for the updated version and i haven't received an unlock code. How long usually do those take to generate? Cant wait to root this and start flashing!!

fourire
Old
Thanks Meter 450
does it works with telus 4.1.2 ?
HTC ONE M8 SILVER VERSION